Hellscream's weapon drops are 90-100 heirlooms

For discussion of the upcoming 5.4 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Re: Hellscream's weapon drops are 90-100 heirlooms

Unread post by Castile »

Junrei wrote:Unfortunately, people whine about EVERYTHING. Blizz is always gonna make someone somewhere unhappy. They can't win for losing, honestly. I didn't start replacing my heroic DS gear until I was like 88 or so cause only the stuff in Townlong Steppes and higher was viable to be replaced.
Oh i'm also VERY interested in uldar (i have 2 cheives left for 25man) so give a hoy when you plan to do that XD

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Castile wrote:
Junrei wrote:Unfortunately, people whine about EVERYTHING. Blizz is always gonna make someone somewhere unhappy. They can't win for losing, honestly. I didn't start replacing my heroic DS gear until I was like 88 or so cause only the stuff in Townlong Steppes and higher was viable to be replaced.
Oh i'm also VERY interested in uldar (i have 2 cheives left for 25man) so give a hoy when you plan to do that XD
Hehe. Definitely! Oak is the raid leader so I'm discussing with him about that.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Junrei wrote:
Castile wrote:
Hehe. Definitely! Oak is the raid leader so I'm discussing with him about that.
*armflails* I as well! (I threw a RiD request at ya earlier today on WoW for when chu log in :D)

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Lampray
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Skullcrusher

Unread post by Lampray »

I wouldn't worry if the LFR quality gear inst heirloom. With Openraid, it will be very easy to find flex raids. And even if people do not want to flex raid it's just an heirloom weapon. It will be replaced once you hit max level anyway.
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Lampray wrote:I wouldn't worry if the LFR quality gear inst heirloom. With Openraid, it will be very easy to find flex raids. And even if people do not want to flex raid it's just an heirloom weapon. It will be replaced once you hit max level anyway.
This.

Regarding the old raids for achieves, OpenRaid is your best choice, as you'll know everyone is there for the same thing, and not going to drop after their tmog does/doesn't drop.

I doubt we'll see these in LFR for 2 reasons...

1) The want to encourage socialization, so you'll need to at least do Flex (with RealID and combined servers, shouldn't be too hard), much like they did with H Scenarios

2) LFR would become a nasty farm-fest as everyone would farm it to gear their alts. Perhaps they also don't want that many of these weapons floating around.

Also, at least right now, there are no other heirlooms that will be working from 90-100, so I can see people being upset about that. I also wonder how frequently these will drop.

if these did drop in LFR, you'd probably have people complaining about being "forced" to run LFR to gear their alts... :D
Account has been closed at user's request.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Slickrock wrote:
Lampray wrote:I wouldn't worry if the LFR quality gear inst heirloom. With Openraid, it will be very easy to find flex raids. And even if people do not want to flex raid it's just an heirloom weapon. It will be replaced once you hit max level anyway.
This.

Regarding the old raids for achieves, OpenRaid is your best choice, as you'll know everyone is there for the same thing, and not going to drop after their tmog does/doesn't drop.

I doubt we'll see these in LFR for 2 reasons...

1) The want to encourage socialization, so you'll need to at least do Flex (with RealID and combined servers, shouldn't be too hard), much like they did with H Scenarios

2) LFR would become a nasty farm-fest as everyone would farm it to gear their alts. Perhaps they also don't want that many of these weapons floating around.

Also, at least right now, there are no other heirlooms that will be working from 90-100, so I can see people being upset about that. I also wonder how frequently these will drop.

if these did drop in LFR, you'd probably have people complaining about being "forced" to run LFR to gear their alts... :D
For once, I'm gonna have to agree with ya on this. I personally don't hate LFR. It's main purpose is to show off the awesome raids Blizz makes. It does that perfectly and I love it for that. Only thing about LFR that I hate is some of the people I encounter.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

I was really sad that these aren't dropping in LFR, but thinking about it the whole getting a new weapon with a new look is part of what motivates me to lvl anyway. Though I might give flex raiding a try if I get a chance.
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Really, they aren't a huge benefit anyway, as they will be likely be replaced along the way regardless. It's really only a big benefit if you are sending them to really undergeared alts.

Also unknown how the great numbers squish will effect them.
Account has been closed at user's request.