Hellscream's weapon drops are 90-100 heirlooms

For discussion of the upcoming 5.4 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
AdamSavage
Illustrious Master Hunter

Hellscream's weapon drops are 90-100 heirlooms

Unread post by AdamSavage »

Noticed this on wow insider just now.
Olivia Grace wrote:The latest PTR build has revealed some interesting new details about the Garrosh Hellscream weapon drops we covered last week. You'll note they have had something of a color change and are now L90-100 heirlooms.

This is rather interesting, given that we didn't actually know (and still may not know) that the next expansion would take us to level 100 as opposed to level 95, for example. What's more, these items appear, from the dungeon journal at least, to drop from heroic mode raids, as well as normal mode and flexible raiding, but not from LFR. It's possible that these are the brand new rewards that Blizzard were hinting at dropping from Flex and above but not from LFR.

They only appear to drop from from Garrosh himself, but an heirloom that takes you all the way to the next expansion's max level and perhaps beyond has to be an improvement on the Dragon Soul "hey, replace your epic drop off the last boss with a green" syndrome. Certainly, however, many people will be upset that this isn't dropping from LFR.
http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/08/07/patch ... heirlooms/
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Eternallylostx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Main is on Wyrmrest, alts on Mok'nathal

Re: Hellscream's weapon drops are 90-100 heirlooms

Unread post by Eternallylostx »

...oh.

Signature credit to Ashaine; avatars by various people. Thanks! | Tumblr

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Hmm not quite sure if i want an heirloom that isn't replaced to max lvl cap...kinda takes the fun out of replacing gear but thats just me :)

I'm sure alot of alt a holics that don't raid either so they may be upset by this.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Sweet! I'm excited for this. I'm an altoholic and don't raid much but with Flex raiding, it'll be easier to get into raids.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Well now...might just have to take out Hellscream after all...Oh who am I kidding, I'd still beat the pulp out of the overstuffed windbag if all he dropped was a soggy kerchief.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Makoes wrote:Well now...might just have to take out Hellscream after all...Oh who am I kidding, I'd still beat the pulp out of the overstuffed windbag if all he dropped was a soggy kerchief.
Pretty sure everyone would. Just to paint Orgrimmar red...

LisaaraPokefarm

Nevish
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Eonar, Thunderhorn

Unread post by Nevish »

HAHAHAHAHA...what.

Eternallylostx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Main is on Wyrmrest, alts on Mok'nathal

Unread post by Eternallylostx »

I'm not quite sure how I feel about this.

Signature credit to Ashaine; avatars by various people. Thanks! | Tumblr

Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Dissapointed to see its not going to drop from LFR (at the moment anyways, it still could change) as I don't raid with people from the same server that I'm currently on. I don't exactly have buddy buddies to group up with for any sort of flex raiding or full on 10 or 25man raids so I don't have the luxury of gathering friends to do it and I don't like having to sit around a city asking if anyones interested in forming a group or looking for more of whatever class and role I happen to be since I'm much happier when I'm online out in the wilderness, not listening to people flipping eachother off in trade chat. :/

All in all though, if we don't get it for LFR I'm not going to rage or anything, but when it's regarding heirlooms, I feel such items should be available to EVERYONE. Regardless of playstyle, social life in the game, and time a player has on hand at any time of day in any week, any month, any year. So I guess my complaint about it not being in LFR is kinda moot as well given that you can't do LFR when you go one level above the cap from that expansion and when a new expansion, or for that matter a new raid comes out, no one wants to do the previous raids. I'll never see the title Zen Master because no one wants to do the raid anymore with Throne of Thunder. Most of the WoW population will never see these heirlooms.

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Finduilas
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Norgannon EU (H) - Thrall EU (H) - Antonidas EU(A)

Unread post by Finduilas »

As someone who just doesn't have the time to do raids with a 40-hour work-week I will never ever see these heirlooms. It makes me really sad and upset. I have many alts and love to level them, even if it takes the whole expansion (one hour a day isn't much to make progress). I want them to be availiabe to everyone, like Shalyth said. I also think that most players will never see them. And those who already have the time to raid most likely also have more time to level. So why make the life even harder for people with less time? Also heirlooms provide a really advantage in battlegrounds during the level phase. Go without heirlooms and you will be a easy target to all those completely in their heirlooms. This takes the fun even more to level toons on a different server if you have to get a toon there first, then do raids and equip yourself before you can even think to start an alt :(

current signature thanks to Ashaine

Findu on Battle.net

Findu's stables

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Shayl, while I agree on that it should be available for everyone, I think because you can't do LFR once you go beyond the cap is the exact reason why they aren't putting it in LFR.

LisaaraPokefarm

Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Shalyth wrote:All in all though, if we don't get it for LFR I'm not going to rage or anything, but when it's regarding heirlooms, I feel such items should be available to EVERYONE. Regardless of playstyle, social life in the game, and time a player has on hand at any time of day in any week, any month, any year.
So much this.

My guild is a guild of two people, my best friend and I, who are on all the time. My brother is sometimes on and he has toons in my guild, but because of his work, he and I are almost never on at the same time, I'm having to go to bed when he is waking up to go to work! My other two guild mates are guys with families who do not have time to dedicate to play the game with any consistency.

I hate pugs, because there is almost no guarantee who you will be with and being the person coming in, they always feel free to kick people. I wouldn't raid to get an heirloom without my friend, but she doesn't raid normally so her gear levels are very low compared to mine. I can see many pugs kicking her because she is not a high enough level.

Add to that it is really hard to find a pug that will go all the way to the final boss, most only want to clear trash so that they can go in later with guildies and go after the main bosses, at least that is how it is on my server for the pugs I've tried.

Unless they offer another way to get these heirloom weapons, say by purchasing them like we have before, I'm really unhappy about this. I have two mains, a hunter and a shaman, then I also have a mage, lock, priest, and druid, I will level them all like I do each expansion. I do NOT want to be required to raid on toons that I don't gear up to raid, but rather play just for the experience of going through different zones/quests then I did on my other classes. Those are a lot of heirlooms and by the time I get around to getting on, say, my mage to get her version of the heirloom weapon, finding a pug who is actually doing that raid will be rather impossible, as most everyone will be going off and doing the level 100 stuff. I'd start with my hunter and shammy on getting the items, but my other classes would have a very low chance of ever getting the heirlooms they would need thanks to people progressing ahead of them and nobody being willing to go when those toons are ready!

What is Blizzard thinking with this? I don't understand how it would be helpful at all. I thought the whole point of heirloom items was to help you level ALT toons faster. They are going to toss you things to let you level your main toon faster, why bother? Shouldn't you go through at least once at the normal rate so that you can experience the new content?
Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

Junrei wrote:Shayl, while I agree on that it should be available for everyone, I think because you can't do LFR once you go beyond the cap is the exact reason why they aren't putting it in LFR.
Yeah, brain was tired, I don't think it thought through what I typed completely XD But as someone who only does LFR, reasons why I don't raid with people from same server mentioned, it means that if they don't change how their acquired, I and everyone else who doesn't raid with same-server people wont be able to get em since everyone abandons old raids the second a new one comes out :/

I've been trying for like 2+ years (maybe 3, I don't remember what my first acheiv timestamp is) to finish my Ulduar acheivs and that's a raid everyone likes to raid for the drakes, yet its taken that long to get all the 10man acheivs and I'm still 3 away from my 25man ones but no one will touch it anymore with everyone romping around the swampy marshes that's Isle of Thunder or grassy plains and mountains of Isle of Giants xD Well, that and the second someone gets both their drakes, they seem to abandon all desire to run it unless they want a mog piece or to help a friend

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Shalyth wrote:
Junrei wrote:Shayl, while I agree on that it should be available for everyone, I think because you can't do LFR once you go beyond the cap is the exact reason why they aren't putting it in LFR.
Yeah, brain was tired, I don't think it thought through what I typed completely XD But as someone who only does LFR, reasons why I don't raid with people from same server mentioned, it means that if they don't change how their acquired, I and everyone else who doesn't raid with same-server people wont be able to get em since everyone abandons old raids the second a new one comes out :/

I've been trying for like 2+ years (maybe 3, I don't remember what my first acheiv timestamp is) to finish my Ulduar acheivs and that's a raid everyone likes to raid for the drakes, yet its taken that long to get all the 10man acheivs and I'm still 3 away from my 25man ones but no one will touch it anymore with everyone romping around the swampy marshes that's Isle of Thunder or grassy plains and mountains of Isle of Giants xD Well, that and the second someone gets both their drakes, they seem to abandon all desire to run it unless they want a mog piece or to help a friend
Ulduar achieves? We plan to run that with my guild eventually cause we got peeps wanting to run it. So if you're on alliance(I thiiiiink I have you on RiD), we can drag your booty on. Moon Guard actually has people running old raids all the time. I always see people wanting to do TK, Sunwell, BT, ICC, and even cata raids as well as Ulduar. If you're on a more dead server, then yeah it's gonna be harder but I think these heirlooms will give people a reason to come back.

LisaaraPokefarm

Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

Junrei wrote: Ulduar achieves? We plan to run that with my guild eventually cause we got peeps wanting to run it. So if you're on alliance(I thiiiiink I have you on RiD), we can drag your booty on. Moon Guard actually has people running old raids all the time. I always see people wanting to do TK, Sunwell, BT, ICC, and even cata raids as well as Ulduar. If you're on a more dead server, then yeah it's gonna be harder but I think these heirlooms will give people a reason to come back.
I PM'd chu :3

And yea I guess it might bring some people back, but not many though, heirlooms I find cater better to the casual or over-worked players who don't have the time to do these kinda things, though the hardcore people as well as ones who are home all day certainly benefit tons from it. It's just a tad hard to imagine a significant amount of people returning for the content of the next patch, or possibly the patch after that

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Shalyth wrote:
Junrei wrote: Ulduar achieves? We plan to run that with my guild eventually cause we got peeps wanting to run it. So if you're on alliance(I thiiiiink I have you on RiD), we can drag your booty on. Moon Guard actually has people running old raids all the time. I always see people wanting to do TK, Sunwell, BT, ICC, and even cata raids as well as Ulduar. If you're on a more dead server, then yeah it's gonna be harder but I think these heirlooms will give people a reason to come back.
I PM'd chu :3

And yea I guess it might bring some people back, but not many though, heirlooms I find cater better to the casual or over-worked players who don't have the time to do these kinda things, though the hardcore people as well as ones who are home all day certainly benefit tons from it. It's just a tad hard to imagine a significant amount of people returning for the content of the next patch, or possibly the patch after that
Or lazy peeps like me. XD Being without heirlooms is horrible for me.

LisaaraPokefarm

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

This strikes me as incredibly odd. Gonna wait for more information to reserve final judgment but ... hmmm....
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

We need more info on these, but we'll have to see how it is implemented.

But as it currently stands, a few thoughts...

Remember that these are not just heirlooms, but they are also likely the BiS weapons from the raiding tier. They are raiding rewards.

It's very likely that they are also an answer to the complaint by raiders that their epic gear is rendered useless one the first greens or blues drop in the next expac.

It's also likely that Blizz wants to use this as a carrot to get more people to do Flex raiding. With server merging coming as well, there may well be more opportunity to do that.

And I hate to sound hard-core, but if you don't raid at all, and generally avoid LFR, should you expect to have the top tier weapons? and do you need them?

I remember some of the same arguments when epic gems only dropped in Hyjal.. and again with DS.

The other question still remains, what other weapons drop in SoO, especially in LFR.

We've never had this sort of heirloom before, so I'd wait and see a bit on how this all plays out.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Slickrock wrote:
Remember that these are not just heirlooms, but they are also likely the BiS weapons from the raiding tier. They are raiding rewards.

It's very likely that they are also an answer to the complaint by raiders that their epic gear is rendered useless one the first greens or blues drop in the next expac.

And I hate to sound hard-core, but if you don't raid at all, and generally avoid LFR, should you expect to have the top tier weapons? and do you need them?
I don't think that heirloom items should be BiS raiding rewards. They should just be powerful epics and tbh i didn't replace my heroic DS gear right away in pandaria anyway. Sure normal gear did but if you're a hardcore raider with those rewards I don't think you'll replace stuff right away. I DO think you need to say "bye bye epics" before the level cap though. Seems abit silly otherwise.

Are people seriously still whining about replacing gear though? The only time I felt really jipped to replace my epics was the vanilla/BC transition because well they were EPIC back then. They took alot of effort but since then epic items can be aquired so easily I don't think we need to cater to the "QQ replacing my phat loots with greens" crowd. Thats just the nature of the game.

Saying that, heirlooms should be heirlooms. They shouldn't be top teir weapons in the first place, they should be tools designed to help you lvl and maybe not replace something every time you ding. They should be on par with items of that lvl range (i know currently they arent all equal as Fin pointed out) but I think you get what I mean.

The point about wether a non raider needs top teir weapons is very valid. They don't. Thats what legendaries were made for. I think perhaps they should of done a new legendary for raiders only (since the cloak is accessable to everyone) instead of these heirlooms. Just my 2 cents :)

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Castile wrote:
Slickrock wrote:

I don't think that heirloom items should be BiS raiding rewards. They should just be powerful epics and tbh i didn't replace my heroic DS gear right away in pandaria anyway. Sure normal gear did but if you're a hardcore raider with those rewards I don't think you'll replace stuff right away. I DO think you need to say "bye bye epics" before the level cap though. Seems abit silly otherwise.

Are people seriously still whining about replacing gear though? The only time I felt really jipped to replace my epics was the vanilla/BC transition because well they were EPIC back then. They took alot of effort but since then epic items can be aquired so easily I don't think we need to cater to the "QQ replacing my phat loots with greens" crowd. Thats just the nature of the game.

Saying that, heirlooms should be heirlooms. They shouldn't be top teir weapons in the first place, they should be tools designed to help you lvl and maybe not replace something every time you ding. They should be on par with items of that lvl range (i know currently they arent all equal as Fin pointed out) but I think you get what I mean.

The point about wether a non raider needs top teir weapons is very valid. They don't. Thats what legendaries were made for. I think perhaps they should of done a new legendary for raiders only (since the cloak is accessable to everyone) instead of these heirlooms. Just my 2 cents :)
Unfortunately, people whine about EVERYTHING. Blizz is always gonna make someone somewhere unhappy. They can't win for losing, honestly. I didn't start replacing my heroic DS gear until I was like 88 or so cause only the stuff in Townlong Steppes and higher was viable to be replaced.

LisaaraPokefarm