Patch 5.4 PTR - Build 17299

For discussion of the upcoming 5.4 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Patch 5.4 PTR - Build 17299

Unread post by pop »

Hunter
General
Arcane Shot now deals 125% ranged weapon damage (up from 100%) and had its focus cost increased by 50%.

Beast Mastery
Beast Cleave range has been increased to 10 yards (up from 8 yards).
Kill Command damage has been increased by 15%.

Marksman
Aimed Shot now deals 400% ranged weapon damage (up from 350%).

Survival
Explosive Shot damage has been increased by 18%.
Achievement Changes

Pandaria
Exploration
A Bone Apart Help Tomb "Tom" Bone Apart Help Zarhym find his body in the Cavern of Lost Spirits on Timeless Isle. 10 points.
Timeless Legends (New) Find all of the lost pandaren artifacts on the Timeless Isle. 10 points.
Treasure, Treasure Everywhere Locate all of the Moss-Covered, Skull-Covered, Sturdy, Smouldering Smoldering, and Blazing chests on the Timeless Isle. 10 points.

Shaohao Earn Venerate status with Shaohao. 10 points. Earn Exalted status with Emperor Shaohao. 10 points.

Pandaria Raid
Dungeons & Raids

Celestial Challenge Guild Run (New) Complete the trials of all four Celestials, besting them each in combat on the Timeless Isle, while in a raid with at least 8 guild members. 10 points.

Giant Dinosaur vs. Mega Snail Open the Thrice-Locked Cage during the Thok the Bloodthirsty encounter in Siege of Orgrimmar of Flexible, Normal, or Heroic mode on Flexible, Normal, or Heroic difficulty, and then allow its inhabitant to feast upon Thok's corpse once you have defeated the encounter. 10 points.

None Shall Pass Defeat the Amalgam of Corruption without allowing any unleashed corruption to fuse with it. 10 points. in Siege of Orgrimmar on Flexible, Normal, or Heroic difficulty. 10 points.

Now We are the Paragon Defeat the Paragons after assuming the mantle of three different Paragons. 10 points. in Siege of Orgrimmar on Flexible, Normal, or Heroic difficulty. 10 points.

Ordos Guild Run (New) Defeat Ordos, Fire-God of the Yaungol, atop the Timeless Isle, while in a raid with at least 8 guild members. 10 points.

Item Set Bonuses
Item - Hunter T16 2P Bonus Aimed Shot, Arcane Shot and Multi-shot reduce the cooldown of Rapid Fire by 9 seconds per cast. 8 seconds per cast.
Item - Monk T15 Windwalker 4P Bonus Increases the damage of your Tigereye Brew by 1% per stack consumed. 0.5% per stack consumed.
Item - Monk T16 Windwalker 2P Bonus Combo Breaker: Tiger Palm increases the damage of Tiger Palm by 50% 40%. Combo Breaker: Blackout Kick increases the damage of Blackout Kick by 50%. 40%.
Item - Monk T16 Windwalker 4P Bonus Every 4 Every 10 stacks of Tigereye Brew consumed cause your next Rising Sun Kick, Blackout Kick, or Fists of Fury to consume 1 less Chi.
Item - Shaman T16 Enhancement 4P Bonus When Flame Shock deals periodic damage, you have a 10% 5% chance to gain 5 stacks of Searing Flames and reset the cooldown of Lava Lash.
Item - Warlock PvP Set 4P Bonus Reduces the cooldown of Unending Resolve by 0 sec. Your allies can use your Demonic Gateway again 15 sec sooner.

LINKY LINK to MMOCHAMPION's
http://www.wowhead.com/news=218115/5-4- ... r-and-more
Last edited by pop on Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Re: Patch 5.4 PTR - Build 17299

Unread post by DannyGreen »

pop wrote: Hunter (Forums, Talent Calculator)
Arcane Shot An instant shot that causes 165% weapon damage plus 4,184 125% weapon damage plus 2,378 as Arcane damage. Requires Ranged Weapon. 30 Focus. 40 yd range.
Seriously, they reduced the damage but still made it cost 50% more?
Unless they are auto applying widow venom or concussive shot that's bull.
It feels like they are forcing MM.
The rapid fire thing is weird to me. Wouldn't it make more sense to have the bonus be valid for each spec? Like BM get reduced KC cost or BW cd. MM get there rapid fire, and SV can get, I dunno reduced cd on black arrow or something.
Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Slickrock »

These changes are the fault of the hunter community. We are to blame, or rather the QQQ from the idiots that want to keyboard dance, and think that's fun.

Weeks ago, there were about 12 QQ threads BY HUNTERS that Arcane was too strong, and people would only want to cast it, and it "wasn't interesting enough".

So now we get a 20% nerf to arcane, and a 10% buff to basic shots.

Dammit. Sometimes I really hate other hunters. Good job all.

So instead of compensation for the Readiness nerfs, we get further overall nerfs.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Why are the other specs getting Kill Command all of a sudden? Wtf....

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Not happy about the other specs getting KC...thats BM's special!!

OMG!!!! I MUST LEVEL MY SHAMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Makoes wrote:Not happy about the other specs getting KC...thats BM's special!!

OMG!!!! I MUST LEVEL MY SHAMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.wowhead.com/news=218115/5-4- ... r-and-more

Wowhead has ... different note..
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

As of this PTR, Kill Command *is not* in either Survival or Marks spellbook.

also I did a couple rounds of test on current PTR with the above changes verses live.

I used same character, same stats etc. Same talents (most importantly, glaive, crows, and dire beast).

I was Survival. Same target dummy, same duration (5 min each), same number of tests (3 on each).

I used same rotation as much as I could. On live, I used Readiness and my engineering glove enchant. On PTR I forgot to macro the engineering glove enchant in and did not have Readiness to use so I undercut the PTR totals a little.

PTR i did not have my addons (mainly weakauras) so I did cap focus a few times and let ES sit a few seconds longer than optimal a few times. Wasnt the case on live since I am used to my auras and CD addon to notify me. PTR I was watching bars so it was less efficient.

The point I am getting at is, the PTR test was a bit sloppy compared to the live test.

And with these changes, the PTR was still 5-7k higher each time overall. I suspect more had I had my addons and engy enchant etc.

The sky is not falling, my friends, we have a few weeks of PTR left. wring thy hands no more!
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Quivering wrote:As of this PTR, Kill Command *is not* in either Survival or Marks spellbook.

also I did a couple rounds of test on current PTR with the above changes verses live.

I used same character, same stats etc. Same talents (most importantly, glaive, crows, and dire beast).

I was Survival. Same target dummy, same duration (5 min each), same number of tests (3 on each).

I used same rotation as much as I could. On live, I used Readiness and my engineering glove enchant. On PTR I forgot to macro the engineering glove enchant in and did not have Readiness to use so I undercut the PTR totals a little.

PTR i did not have my addons (mainly weakauras) so I did cap focus a few times and let ES sit a few seconds longer than optimal a few times. Wasnt the case on live since I am used to my auras and CD addon to notify me. PTR I was watching bars so it was less efficient.

The point I am getting at is, the PTR test was a bit sloppy compared to the live test.

And with these changes, the PTR was still 5-7k higher each time overall. I suspect more had I had my addons and engy enchant etc.

The sky is not falling, my friends, we have a few weeks of PTR left. wring thy hands no more!
Thanks for the update!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Wow, how perfect is that Kor'kron shammy set going to look with the Kor'kron War Wolf???

Can hunters get that set as well, despite it being a shaman look?

Damn, shaman-only. Shame that hunters can't get some of the pieces for transmog.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Quivering wrote:As of this PTR, Kill Command *is not* in either Survival or Marks spellbook.

Whew....Should've known not to flip out. Bad me.

LisaaraPokefarm

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Junrei wrote: Whew....Should've known not to flip out. Bad me.
Compared, You were far from flipping out Jun, dont stress. :)

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

SpiritBinder wrote:
Junrei wrote: Whew....Should've known not to flip out. Bad me.
Compared, You were far from flipping out Jun, dont stress. :)
*hides the flipped tables under the rug and whistles innocently*

LisaaraPokefarm

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Wain wrote:Wow, how perfect is that Kor'kron shammy set going to look with the Kor'kron War Wolf???

Can hunters get that set as well, despite it being a shaman look?

Damn, shaman-only. Shame that hunters can't get some of the pieces for transmog.
wowhead doesn't have the same class tag that mmodatabase has

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=105741
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Cool. There's always a possibility then :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

well, if they can be for ANY class...then *WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTttttttttttttttttttttt!!!!*

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Slickrock

Z has updated femaledwarf.com with latest PTR changes, haven't had time to test yet..
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Meh giving KC to other specvs sounds dumb. I read about this recently too and was like WHAAAAAAT! Its like giving explosive shot to BM or Chrimeria to Surv. Dumb.

And i can't believe hunters QQ'ed about arcane shot...really? Ergh.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Slickrock

So...

tested the specs in my gear, reforging and gemming, on femaledwarf.com

BM was a 5% loss with ptr changes
MM was a 2% loss
SV was a 2% loss

Not the end of the world but annoying.... and dissapointing.
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

I'm seeing a 1.3% loss for BM with Blink strikes at 119160dps and a 2.15% loss with AMoC at 120826.
a 0.21% gain for MM at 114607dps and,
a 2.36% gain for SV at 121036dps
Last edited by Danielfboone on Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:24 am, edited 2 times in total.