Patch 5.4 Trailer *Released*

For discussion of the upcoming 5.4 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Re: Patch 5.4 Trailer *Released*

Unread post by Castile »

Yeah Taran just gets the wind knocked out on the butt end onf the axe. Garrosh wants the others to know what happened so he becomes the messanger.

Awesome trailer :D Can't wait to kick the bejesus out of that orc!!

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I really enjoyed it. Much as Garrosh's dialogue I found a bit cringe-worthy, I enjoyed the rest.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Ooooooooooh man. That was insane. I spent a good chunk of it just sitting there like "Daaaaaaaamn. DAAAAAAAAAMN." I was very impressed with the usage of ingame models, and I really like how it went down. I'm a bit upset that it ends like this for Garrosh, to be honest. When push comes to shove, he wasn't that bad a guy. He was just put into really, really crappy circumstances. I wish they had done anything else with him--he was in my opinion FAR better than Green Jesus Thrall. (God I hate Cata!Thrall. He's just so obnoxious.)

Regardless, very cool trailer. Thumbs up from me.
Last edited by Azunara on Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

I agree that Garrosh's lines could have been a tad bit more original, but wow, I'm really impressed. That was a great trailer.

...And it has cemented in me that I like Garrosh a lot as a villain. As a faction leader, hated him. As an antagonist? He's awesome. Can't wait!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I do like Garrosh a lot. Like I only have 3 Lore characters I really like Slyvanas, Garrosh and pre-MOP Jania (cus I don't like what they did to her in Mop)
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

cowmuflage wrote:I do like Garrosh a lot. Like I only have 3 Lore characters I really like Slyvanas, Garrosh and pre-MOP Jania (cus I don't like what they did to her in Mop)
I knowwwwwww

Like was it really necessary to turn her from a reasonable diplomat into a crazy person who decides to murder ALL the Horde and make out with a blue dragon? Like was that truly needed?
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Lisaara »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:I agree that Garrosh's lines could have been a tad bit more original, but wow, I'm really impressed. That was a great trailer.

...And it has cemented in me that I like Garrosh a lot as a villain. As a faction leader, hated him. As an antagonist? He's awesome. Can't wait!
Indeed, though I wish they didn't try to make him a good guy in Cata.

My guildies and I pretty much have cemented that Blizz makes better Villains than they do Heroes.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Junrei wrote:
LupisDarkmoon wrote:I agree that Garrosh's lines could have been a tad bit more original, but wow, I'm really impressed. That was a great trailer.

My guildies and I pretty much have cemented that Blizz makes better Villains than they do Heroes.
I wish they'd just picked a route and followed it, instead of faffing about and trying to decide if he'd be redeemed or not. It made his character kind of convoluted and confusing to follow at first. I was sure they'd redeem him, and then boom, MoP, forget everything about redeeming him, he's evil.

But agreed. I do love Blizzard's villains. The heroes... most of them could use some work.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I feel it's a bit hit-and-miss and wouldn't say that one side (heroes or villains) is consistently handled better than the other.

I'd say that some of the protagonists in MoP, such as Lorewalker Cho, Anduin, and the Black Prince, not to mention many of the faction characters we explored the Jade Forest with, were very well developed, interesting and likeable. What they're doing with Anduin, and the whole "Two Princes" interaction is really enjoyable, as well as the interplay between Jaina and Regent Iforgethisname on Thunder Isle.

But then we have times where they need a character to behave a certain way in order to achieve a future story goal, and they seem to push it through with gusto. In the face of everyone feeling that the character wasn't consistent or believable. And all the contrived explanations in the world can never make the player feel otherwise. Sure, people grow and change, but they don't flip like a bad soap opera. And I agree Garrosh has shown quite a bit of this over the expansions. Then again, we knew he had an unstable personality since BC.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Wain wrote:I feel it's a bit hit-and-miss and wouldn't say that one side (heroes or villains) is consistently handled better than the other.

I'd say that some of the protagonists in MoP, such as Lorewalker Cho, Anduin, and the Black Prince, not to mention many of the faction characters we explored the Jade Forest with, were very well developed, interesting and likeable. What they're doing with Anduin, and the whole "Two Princes" interaction is really enjoyable, as well as the interplay between Jaina and Regent Iforgethisname on Thunder Isle.

But then we have times where they need a character to behave a certain way in order to achieve a future story goal, and they seem to push it through with gusto. In the face of everyone feeling that the character wasn't consistent or believable. And all the contrived explanations in the world can never make the player feel otherwise. Sure, people grow and change, but they don't flip like a bad soap opera. And I agree Garrosh has shown quite a bit of this over the expansions. Then again, we knew he had an unstable personality since BC.
Bleh...The Black Prince, I don't consider him a hero and I don't really like his story overall. Anduin and Lorewalker Cho as well as Chen Stormstout and Taran Zhu are amazing heroes. This expansion actually brought out good heroes this time around.

"My name is Lor'Themar..." "Who?"

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Garrosh has a habit of talking normally at the beginning of his sentence, pausing... THEN SCREAMING THE LAST PART.
Eternallylostx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Main is on Wyrmrest, alts on Mok'nathal

Unread post by Eternallylostx »

Quivering wrote:Garrosh has a habit of talking normally at the beginning of his sentence, pausing... THEN SCREAMING THE LAST PART.
I've noticed this.

Signature credit to Ashaine; avatars by various people. Thanks! | Tumblr

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Oh my that was awesome.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

cowmuflage wrote:
Oh my that was awesome.
Laugh yes, that was hilarious. That was part of the trailer that really did make me cringe. If Garrosh used a gun, I bet they would have had him pointing it sideways at Taran Zhu too.

It really would have been far more interesting to see him react to what was happening to the heart. His triumph. If it was handled well...
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

You know I kinda disagree I really liked that part XD
Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

Ok so...
- I don't have net at home right now
- ffs why the hell did I forget to bring my headset to work today of all the times !? :evil:
- I think I'll stay overtime today, just to watch it with sound when everybody leaves. NO F-ing way I'm waiting till Monday!

Still, even without sound: EPIX!
Probably the best one so far, surelly matches ICC and Ulduar.

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
ashdawn
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by ashdawn »

Quivering wrote:Garrosh has a habit of talking normally at the beginning of his sentence, pausing... THEN SCREAMING THE LAST PART.
how could you.... SAY THAT ABOUT HIM?!
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

Junrei wrote:

Y'know, I'm not sure they were trying to make him a good guy in Cata. The second or third time I ran an alt through Cata leveling, I kind of changed my mind on how Garrosh was being portrayed. After the bombing of the druids in Stonetalon, for example, where he tosses the general off the elevator ramp. I kind of wonder if Garrosh wasn't angry because the general'd killed the druids and the Tauren in the camp, but more because it'd been done in a way that'd make the Horde and Garrosh look dishonorable. Remember, this is a guy who feels no regret over killing Cairne, only anger that he didn't get to do it 'honorably.'
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Well yeah, but it's not like Cairne started the whole thing anyways. Of course he doesn't feel remorse. It was made quite clear it was a battle to the death. Hell, Garrosh wanted to give Cairne a way out but Cairne kept pestering Garrosh until it came down to a battle to the death. And of course he's upset about it being dishonorable--Cairne, if he had to die, deserved an honorable death, not a death by poison.