Flight Rising - General Discussion

Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Re: Flight Rising

Unread post by Bulletdance »

:lol: I blew all mah cash last night on a circuit too they cannot be resisted Dew! Very nice dragon though can't wait to see when it's an adult.
Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

I'm glad I'm not alone bullet. :D
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:Cow, Mad Moxxi can go on playdates with my Angel and Jack. xD (Actually, bad idea. She wouldn't get along with Jack.)

Yeah that could end up getting ugly if we left them alone together :lol:
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I keep wanting to make breeding pairs, but so far I mostly just mix and match my dragons and I don't know if I could really dedicate them to one partner only? I love the idea and everyone has all these cute pairings but I just can't seem to decide who I want with who and they just swap around all the time. :lol: My dragons are swingers.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Heheh, Veph, it helps that I'm *really* picky when it comes to hatchling colors. If I look at the previews and see colors I don't like, I don't bother breeding the dragons. My breeding pairs are just concrete because each dragon is paired up with the only other dragon it'll make even remotely appealing babies with. xD

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Vephriel

Yeah, I think I'm more of the mindset "OOH LET'S SEE WHAT THESE MAKE" and I don't check the colour previews very often. Sometimes it's fun, other times I get garish surprises. Maybe once my lair settles down a bit more I'll have some better compatibility. Though it does help that I have a prevalent scheme of darks/blues/purples and such so a lot of my dragons go well together regardless.
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

:lol: Veph, well at least you can mate whoever is ready to go. Waiting on cooldowns is sooo agonizing. My sister is going to breed a pair that have the same parents...I sent her this
Vephriel

*dies at ghostfacers gif :lol:*
That's true, I'm impatient with waiting so it's another factor to just breeding whoever happens to be ready at the moment.

I might have to start waiting and coordinating cooldowns so some of my dragons can be in sync with each other.
Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Frostwolf, Blackwater Raiders

Unread post by Aeladrine »

I only bother to make reliable pairs because I try to optimize what I'm getting to ridiculous degrees. I have way too much fun finding the perfect partners, haha.
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.
Tumblr || Deviantart || WoW RP Blog

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I am rather specific about who breeds with who, both color and species. I like to try to optimize my results, especially since I don't generally have a lot of time to play the games to make gold, I rely heavily on what my hatchlings sell for.
(well, I spend most of my "free" time playing WoW.)

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I was thinking of doing this. Such a shame they still aren't allowing new dragon keepers even after the server change etc. I think that happened yesterday or today. Oh well.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Aeladrine wrote:I.... I put that charcoal/pink fae girl back in the AH for 7500t, because hatchling prices are so low... And her colours were so nice... And someone exalted her. Because of the issues with the site, I can't even see which flight it was. Her primary and secondary were both great for breeding black (with either black wings or bright ones, as pink is right beside rose, which is right outside the white range), so... why would you exalt a hatchling with so much potential?

I'm fine with exalting overall, but I thought people only exalted ugly babies. The 7.5kt is nice, and it helps me towards my goal for tonight, but...

Ouch.
It's Ice Flight. They bought two of my babies, both entirely attractive and lovely colors, and promptly exalted them. They named a beautiful Silver/Splash tundra "Yellow" too which really offends my sensibilities. I'm pretty mad at Ice Flight right now.

Edit: Their cutoff price appears to be 10k. If you don't want Ice just snaffling everything you breed, I guess that's your target even if they never sell at that price. (Mine went for 9.5k but they aren't touching adults, who don't exalt for as much) and apparently nothing at or over 10k.)

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Frostwolf, Blackwater Raiders

Unread post by Aeladrine »

The ones that bought all mine and my friend's were Wind, actually.
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.
Tumblr || Deviantart || WoW RP Blog

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Ahh. Mine were all Ice. And it's always been Ice, I dunno. Still, it's a practice that upsets me. I guess the only silver lining is that they'll drive baby prices up.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

I feel sad when I see people grouping together in the AH to pick up every inexpensive dragon for exalting. I like how Light flight gathered dragons, they set up a thread and asked for people to sell babies to them, knowing they'll be exalted. So everyone who sent babies to them for the price they were paying for em knew they'd be sent to the Lightweaver

If I'ma have dragons get exalted, I'd like to do it myself or sell to someone and know its gonna get exalted rather than kept (of course having the babies kept is always fine haha)

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Eternallylostx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Main is on Wyrmrest, alts on Mok'nathal

Unread post by Eternallylostx »

Have you heard of the Nature-Arcane-Wind alliance going on? They're trying to best Ice I think.

Signature credit to Ashaine; avatars by various people. Thanks! | Tumblr

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

I keep seeing mixed information on that. xD Some people are talking about some sort of alliance, the rest are going "wait who cares seriously?" and haven't seen much on the flight forums. I dunno what's going on.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Eternallylostx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Main is on Wyrmrest, alts on Mok'nathal

Unread post by Eternallylostx »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:I keep seeing mixed information on that. xD Some people are talking about some sort of alliance, the rest are going "wait who cares seriously?" and haven't seen much on the flight forums. I dunno what's going on.
I've read a tidbit about if you wanna exalt and your allied with wind, or you wanna help them beat ice, sell a hatchling to them for exaltion price then they can exalted to try and get dominance.

Something like that

Signature credit to Ashaine; avatars by various people. Thanks! | Tumblr

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Seems like an attempt at bringing flights into a RP-ish setting. Actually a rather interesting development...imagine if flights started allying themselves with each other to keep other flights from dominating...could add a twist to how the game is played.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Awww man I don't think they make red top hats. Only Black ones with red on them. Looks like Moxxi wont be getting her hat then XD