Flight Rising - General Discussion

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Re: Flight Rising

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

I think they mean coli like the current poi/tox genes. :) Even as a casual coli player I have almost enough mats to make one of each.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

Personally I'd prefer they be treasure genes purely because, as Tarn said, it looks like a cross between piebald and smoke and not really "special" enough to be a coli drop. I'm not against gene/breed scrolls dropping from the coli in future, I'd simply rather they be more exciting and worth grinding for.

On the subject of the coliseum... Whoa now calm down!
Not the first time I've had this happen, but SIX messengers scrolls from one fight? xD

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

Hmm looks like the every other festival curse is holding ....just kind of meh about the apparel and the accents for the most part look too flat.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Syleye wrote:Hmm looks like the every other festival curse is holding ....just kind of meh about the apparel and the accents for the most part look too flat.
Was thinking the exact same

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

I like the skins and accents for Wind, but that apparel is frankly kind of disappointing.. Like, it looked like it could have been so cool but just came out.. Weird looking. I don't know, maybe it's just me

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Eh, to each their own. Frankly I like the way Edward looks in the mask.

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

I like the mask. Clearly, I have no taste. :lol: But that's okay. I'm just kicking myself for buying a gene RIGHT BEFORE a freaking festival. BAD NOVI BAD.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Arthur »

I don't hate it, I just think it's a bit odd looking on certain dragons. It looks very good on others. Now that I gave it a second look, I've changed my mind a bit about it.

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

Yeah, the mask looks.... odd on certain dragon faces :s I adore that male imperial skincent, the windsong adept one. If it's digging/coli-gotten though, I'm never going to get one unfortunately, my digging luck has been horrible the past few festivals and even considering coli right now makes me cringe ><

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I think that's what they were trying to emulate with the mask as that's something you can get from digging in Wind.
Not everybody is always going to like everything they put out for the holidays. :P I'm sure there's stuff that we really liked that other people hated.

[/center]
Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

Oh yes I totally agree, for me it seems a pattern though which I find a bit amusing :D

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

It is interesting that there has seemed to be a sort of pattern. :lol:

[/center]
Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

Alex wrote:Yeah, the mask looks.... odd on certain dragon faces :s I adore that male imperial skincent, the windsong adept one. If it's digging/coli-gotten though, I'm never going to get one unfortunately, my digging luck has been horrible the past few festivals and even considering coli right now makes me cringe ><
You get it from Baldwin, with some basic green materials plus 10 smooth pebbles which you get from digging in wind. :)
Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

Mozag wrote:
Alex wrote:Yeah, the mask looks.... odd on certain dragon faces :s I adore that male imperial skincent, the windsong adept one. If it's digging/coli-gotten though, I'm never going to get one unfortunately, my digging luck has been horrible the past few festivals and even considering coli right now makes me cringe ><
You get it from Baldwin, with some basic green materials plus 10 smooth pebbles which you get from digging in wind. :)
it's from Baldwin? mmm, I might be able to get it then, if I have the green material I need

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

For Aprils fool this year every dragon got weird eyes, and in your hoard there is a mirror.. which changes colors. Until tomorrow where something comes out of the mirror.. we dont know what yet but there is 11 colors.. i think matching with each flight so exciting.

Nature, shadow, ice, fire, water, wind, light, arcane, lightning, earth and plague.

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Arthur »

I didn't notice the eyes at first. Oh my god. That's so good. LOL

Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Gahaaha, I love it.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

I'd like some opinions if possible. It recently hit me that some of the new blues would suit Faron's "electricity" nicely and I'm now struggling to decide whether to keep him as-is or replace him with one of said new blues. Current!Faron isn't necessarily special as a dragon to me as he came from a breeding project a while ago so I don't mind replacing him, coupled with slight regret for breeding him. For reference, Faron is based off of an RP char of LupisDarkmoon's who in turn is based on Skoll (more so the Skoll skin on the Legion wolf than the Northrend sabreworg).
Left is current!Faron (complete with anime eyes) who is azure/azure/splash along with the blue choices I'm thinking of. Right is Skoll with picks from his electricity. I'm leaning towards cerulean right now based on those snippets but would love to hear what you guys think. While we're at it, suggestions for better suiting genes would be appreciated :D

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I like both sets of colors you picked out and I definitely think Cerulean is a good choice. :)

As for genes: In his current form he previews really well with cherub/seraph/glimmer, or ripple/current/circuit for a closer to Skoll look.

[/center]
Ardawen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Lots of servers (all EU)

Unread post by Ardawen »

Whee after resetting my password i can use the site again :).