Flight Rising - General Discussion

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Re: Flight Rising - General Discussion

Unread post by Ana »

I am selling them again.. they sell for 540+gems now.. I got them for 50 k each early this morning :P

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

I might cry if it turns out to be exclusive gear or familiars … because I'll want it all!

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

as predicted it is masks of the different breeds.. I kinda like the mirror mask due to the colors :P

see here for full list :

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2658296

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

I like the mirror one too! I'm glad I chose to leave my box red! They're awfully cute, not something I need a ton of but I'm kinda tempted to find a dragon to use mine on. :lol:

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

So according to wiki, bogsneaks were released September of 2016. Has it really been that long since we got a new breed, or am I forgetting one?
Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

yeah it's been awhile :(

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

More new genes!
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/2663367
Laced and Edges.
Looks kinda cute. Havent tested it on my dragons yet.
Also... Kinda laughing. the image URL for that is called "Skychicken" ;D

Siggy under construction!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I always like more genes, more possibility.. I find it hard to work on any on my own dragons though - maybe they grow on me :D

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

So excited for ancient breeds! I'll admit apparel has never been a big draw for me.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I love that we are getting new breeds! And I defo want Ancient breeds, they sound like fun.. plus you can make accent for apparel so thats fine with me :D I am going into saving mode to be able to afford the breed changes.

Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Kirrandria »

Minorly sad that I can't play dress up with the new Ancient breeds, but entirely understandable since they're going to have such vastly different shapes. The way the staff described them, it's going to allow for things like Gaolers, Emperors, and even Swiftwings!
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Emperors already been confirmed not to happen.. but Gaolers is pretty much certain :D

and I think we will have apparel in the future for these ancient breeds.

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I'm not really active at the moment but I think this is a really great way to do things. Whenever people would mention new breeds, the first thing that always came to my mind was just how much work that must entail. All those thousands of genes and apparel to draw. I don't doubt it takes a long time to release even a single one.

This sounds like it'll be a really awesome compromise, and I don't really mind the idea of dragons I won't be able to dress up. I often don't use much apparel in the first place because I find it hides most of the genes that I like looking it. Accents will still be fun to get for them.

I'll be interested to see how this develops.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I might play it a bit more if these new ones look good that is.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I started moving the dragons I want to be ancient over to their own tab :D Planning ahead ... but i bet the scrolls are going to be very expensive!!

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Hmm, don't think I'll be able to make plans (other than money hoarding) until I see what the first breed and genes look like. If the scrolls are too expensive, guess I'll wait a month or two and buy babies from the AH :)

Edit: *goes back and scans article* --yes 20 day breeding CD, nice
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

hehe since I only collect old dragons buying them is not an option for me :D so far I got 26 dragons planned for a breed change :D

Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

I'm curious if anyone knows what these ancient dragon breeds might look like? I was going to search the FR forums for more information but decided to come here first.

I understand that Emperor dragons resemble Imperials somewhat, but have more heads like a hydra. I've never heard of a Gaoler of Swiftwing before.

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Emperor dragons are undead, I'm pretty sure they aren't going to be one of the ancient breeds. Swiftwings? I think they were in the orginal concept art but only had two legs? Here's what it says about Gaolers in the Jailbreak story from bounty of the elements:
Towering above her were three massive forms. Each was covered in a matted shag of long hair which draped over nearly every inch of them. They had rounded snouts with very large lower jaws, and sloping heads that receded into what Wemba assumed to be their manes. Out of each head sprang two very large bone-like horns, each of which was covered in several sharp points, and gnarled into a gradual curve. They had small mammalian ears and piercing white eyes that glowed in the murk. Their quadrupedal forms were held up by thick, muscular legs ending in menacing claws. Small, but frightening wing-like appendages draped from their shoulders.

The most chilling aspect of these strange monsters was that Wemba couldn't shake the feeling that they were Tundra dragons.. But they couldn’t be. Tundras are smaller, softer. Tundras were Trendal. He is a Tundra, not these monsters.

Wemba stared up at them, her mind at its limit. These draconic monsters reeked of an ancient scent she could not even fathom. Their features were exaggerated, as if an artist had taken everything that was meek and appealing about tundra dragons and had warped it into something terrifying. This isn’t happening. They look...

"Ancient," whispered one, answering her thoughts.

Wemba's head swam. She could not guess the age of these beings, but as an impossible thought flitted through her mind, she feared it held the truth.

...I’m looking directly into the eyes of the Icewarden's...

"...first children. We are the Gaolers."
Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

Emperors are the result of two or more dead imperials fusing together and reanimating in a zombie-like fashion. They then decimate the land by absorbing energy from all life without care. An emperor can have up to eleven heads (presumably one of each element) hence the hydra-like appearance.

Swiftwings are a rejected breed due to not having arms and up until the lair revamp were the little silhouette in empty spaces.

And as Gorman posted above Gaolers are mentioned in the short story Jailbreak. They're basically huge, savage ""proto"-tundras with longer fur, small wing-like appendages and larger lower jaws.

Beyond that, there's no info on what other ancient breed candidates are out there (to my knowledge and brief research at least).

To note: The pictures I posted are found on the Flight Rising wiki.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.