Flight Rising - General Discussion

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Re: Flight Rising - General Discussion

Unread post by Varethyn »

Man. I was futzing around reading a few posts in the general forums to pass some time and was reminded of the prototype Imperials. These guys are beautiful.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Yup I love those too :)

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

New voting poll up with 3 options!!

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Head's up for anyone just coming on to FR today expecting the NotN extension - Looks like something went wrong as the event is currently not active! So if you haven't yet, SAVE YOUR GATHERING TURNS cos you won't get any chests or NotN items from them right now! No mimics are spawning in the coliseum and all of Baldwin's recipes are gone. Apparel and Swipp swaps are still available however.

It's back!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

The new genes are amazing!! Bit shame they gem genes but sooooo pretty!! My poor fr wallet..

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I was able to snag a dragon for 1mt off the AH--cheaper than geneing one myself! It was a baby coatl though, so a long time before I can breed her.
Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

I really dislike gem genes, I can never afford them. :( :( :(
Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Today I found out that I'd missed that Baldwin's transformation into a Bogsneak actually has a short story! It's been how long and I only just learned of it? Whoops. Well, it's a fun read all the same with details and reactions from some of the other merchants, but what caught me most was this:

I've asked about it before I think, but I've always wondered how breed change scrolls are treated in RP or personal lore. If the short stories are canon, does that mean that breed change scrolls are also canon? I just find it fun and might need to rethink some things in my RP when I get back to it. I know not everyone takes site lore as personal lore though, so I'm curious what you guys think. Do you think the stories are canon FR lore? How do you see them in your own if you have any?

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

i dont know about lore.. i dont use the official lore in mine and i havent read the official lore. Scrolls work like potions in mine.. dragon eats them to be transformed and its all about science and not magic.. so im prob the wrong person to ask hehe

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Hmm, I don't really have an answer for that. Mostly when I breed change (usually when I first acquire a dragon), I just retcon that they've always been the new breed. However, I do have as clan lore that we have an annual festival where we invite dragons who want to become fae to participate in a ritual to transform. I'm fuzzy on the details though...probably involves cocoons and faeterpillars :)
Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

I attribute it to either a potion or a blessing / curse depending

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Maria wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:38 am i dont know about lore.. i dont use the official lore in mine and i havent read the official lore. Scrolls work like potions in mine.. dragon eats them to be transformed and its all about science and not magic.. so im prob the wrong person to ask hehe
That's perfectly fine! I enjoy reading game lore for ideas and for the story if I like it enough. And you're definitely a good person to ask because that's what I'm intrigued by. Swapping out scrolls for potions and taking a scientific approach instead is a very neat idea! Are you sure you don't belong in Lightning?
GormanGhaste wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:49 pm Hmm, I don't really have an answer for that. Mostly when I breed change (usually when I first acquire a dragon), I just retcon that they've always been the new breed. However, I do have as clan lore that we have an annual festival where we invite dragons who want to become fae to participate in a ritual to transform. I'm fuzzy on the details though...probably involves cocoons and faeterpillars :)
Also fine! That's what I was mostly doing myself in my uncertainty. The annual festival and using cocoons to transform into Fae is an awesome idea! The Faeterpillars... not so much :lol:
Syleye wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:57 pm I attribute it to either a potion or a blessing / curse depending
Ooh that reminds me of a Nuzlocke I read some time ago called Midnight Sun where the main character, Shrike, is turned from a Mirror into a Fae for unknown reasons and she struggles to come to terms with it, and also the one that first inspired me to try with the writer's thoughts on exaltation.

Thank you all for your replies!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Glad you could use it :)

I got techno mages who takes care of the transformation progess/making of scrolls. Term stolen from Babylon 5.
Techno-mages employ techno-magic, the use of advanced technology in such a way that it resembles magic. They effect this by utilizing their abilities such that an outside observer cannot comprehend how they were able to, similar to stage magic or illusions.
More info about it here
https://babylon5.fandom.com/wiki/Techno-mage

My techno mage is loosly based on Galen and his wife
https://babylon5.fandom.com/wiki/Galen

I adept and change the parts i dont like so it fits me

Lorelei
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Silvermoon

Unread post by Lorelei »

If anyone would have the help of mafia research to do Arlo let me know. They wont need help themselves but will love to help others

Mafia have been sending out friend request to some ppl. Feel free to ignore if you dont want them

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

that's awesome thank you all!

Lorelei
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Lorelei »

today i cannot promise it be even distributed but all who accept will get notes from tomorrow

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

That would be wonderful Lorelei and all, ty!
Lorelei
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Lorelei »

All Mafia notes been send out.. sometimes theycant send to you guys but its prob because your filled with notes. :?:

Mafia will send more notes tomorrow :D

Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Just got home and accepted. Yay mafia! <3 <3
Varethyn
Petopia Artist

That was really awesome of you all, thank you! :hug: