Flight Rising - General Discussion

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Re: Flight Rising - General Discussion

Unread post by Ana »

i still vote tundras :)

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Dewclaw wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:02 pm Same here, starting Friday evening. High winds and single digit temps. Hoping no power loss, because no power, no heat, and temps will be in the single digits.
Power is hanging in there but the inside temps are chilly to say the least. Current 17F outside and plummeting. Inside temps...

https://ibb.co/4pTPZv9
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Dewclaw wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:53 pm
Dewclaw wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:02 pm Same here, starting Friday evening. High winds and single digit temps. Hoping no power loss, because no power, no heat, and temps will be in the single digits.
Power is hanging in there but the inside temps are chilly to say the least. Current 17F outside and plummeting. Inside temps...

https://ibb.co/4pTPZv9
Ohh my.... keep warm!! Blankets and woolen clothes!

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Morning update. Pipes froze, and inside temp 36.
Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

oh my gosh Dew, I have no words :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Dewclaw wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 7:45 am Morning update. Pipes froze, and inside temp 36.
seriouslly.... go somewhere u can be warm and safe?? else LOTS of blankets, LOTS of boiling water... ohh my :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Even if I could go somewhere, I'd stay here with my pets. I was up at 3 am making sure they were OK. Part of the problem is how much gas is costing this year. A co-worker has a 50 gallon propane tank and it cost her $600 to fill. Ours is 100 gallon, so you can do the math. At this point in my life, I don't have it. I've taken on extra hours at work, so doing what I can. Electric has been doing Ok, cool, but Ok, up until now. And in a few days it will warm up considerably, so it'll be alright. We got hot water to come on, but no cold water (I guess they're separate pipes?), and temps inside are now ranging from 40-50 depending on which area of the house you're in. I've got blankets, and I'll finally get to sit down and play some wow. Some areas got hit so much harder. Just a few more days until warmer weather!
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

just stay warm! hugs and thinking of you

Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

{{{{huuuggsss}}}} back!

Blankets and WOW, I can't ask for much more. I have a LOT of catch up to do, I'm so far behind in game. D:
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

The good thing about DF is there is no rush... My max renown is only 14. Dont rush and just enjoy the enviroment.
Sending some hugs and warm thoughts

Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

My max renown is only 9. I'm not in a rush for end game or anything, I just want dragon customization. :(
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

they drop from names mostly hun! what i experienced :D

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

This is a hard post to write.... and hard to write without sounding harsh..

FR moves in a direction i cant actively support. I believe in that ppl have a free will to live how they want. But I cant support all of it. I dont hate anyone. I just choose to use my free will not to play FR anymore.

I know it will rub ppl the wrong way and It may shock some of you and anger a lot of you but I just have to say it instead of just disapearing
Maybe it would be better if I just disapeared but I own a lot of ppl many things and will be selling/giving away stuff to those who have helped me out.

the mafia will stop too as they are the same. The wont write a post about it but have a free giveaway of dragons.

Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

This makes me so sad, in a lot of different ways.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

If ppl prefer not to get stuff from me let me know. I will respect that. Off to bed but I be sending more out tomorrow

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

not shocked, angered, or hurt--been around the block too many times for that. just sad.

I'd like to say that the door here is still open if you find yourself in a different place. I'd welcome any token of our time together.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I've sat here trying to formulate a response multiple times but I think I'll bite my tongue instead. I might not be active on FR much anymore but this goes beyond that.

Disappointed.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

Is this about the new vistas?
I've been slowly (very slowly) weaning myself off of FR for a while now, mostly because of Roundsey stuff and other annoyances from the staff, so I'm a little out of the loop.
Hard to full stop though. So far I've managed to bring my usage down a ton and mostly stay out of everything going on with updates and forums.

Siggy under construction!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I wont go into details as I wont debate on this forum :) - if anyone wants the full explanation write to me in a pm and I explain the best I can.
It's no longer the breeding game I thought it was. Maybe it never was and just took me too long to realise that.
I just cant actively support the game anymore. It would feel wrong to me. And I have to stay true to the values I believe in.

I fully respect that ppl have another opnion and they are allowed that. I just use my free will and chosen not to play anymore.

I dont expect anyone to understand and it´s my decission. What ever consequenses it may have I will bear them

--
Out of subject
Anyone who collect old dragons here and want a couple?

Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

Very sad to see you go, Maria. But I understand - if something no longer aligns with your values or gives you pleasure, it's definitely time to move on. :hug:

I don't collect old dragons, but there are certainly a few dragon faces in your lair that I would gladly give a home to, if they need one!