Flight Rising - General Discussion

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Flight Rising

Unread post by Lupis »

Joined today, I'm LupisDarkmoon. Had fun making my first dragon, and the random male I got is awfully cute.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

How is everyone getting familiars?

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

I've gotten all my familiars by monster battling in the coliseum.

Edit: I forgot I've bought one or two of my familiars from the Marketplace.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Makoes

Unread post by Makoes »

Ahhh, thank you :3

~~~
~~~
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

No problem. :)

So since more and more of us are hooking up and this game is basically for breeding dragons, should we have some way of keeping track of who has dragons up for trade to expand breeding programs? If desired it might also be a good idea to keep track of who's in which element.

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Makoes

Unread post by Makoes »

**edit, moved to first page**
Last edited by Makoes on Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:09 pm, edited 13 times in total.

~~~
~~~
~~~

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Thank you for that, Makoes. :) My name is actually done with a y and not an i (so as not to confuse anyone who might look for me on the site). :P

Also, since others said it was useful I'll post the little guide I made for new comers.
TygerDarkstorm wrote:So basically as you visit each area of the website, they should have tutorials telling you what each area does. FR is basically an extended dragon breeding program so the idea is to make friends and trade dragons to each other in an attempt to get like rare dragons and such. There are lots of things to do in the mean time while your dragons aren't/can't be breeding. You want to make sure you go to the Gather Items feature once a day as that's one of the easiest ways to get food. Scavenging and Digging have a chance to get you rare items such as battle items and dragon eggs, but mostly they just get you materials and trinkets.

From my experience so far, don't convert everything into food points. A lot of times Crim (in the Trading Post) wants to take food items in exchange for treasure so I only convert what I have extras of. Converting food means going into your Hoard tab in the food area, selecting all or some of the food stuffs there, and then hitting the convert button to turn it into the points at the top to feed your dragons with. The more you keep your dragons full and happy the more bonuses you get each new day. Other stuff in your hoard can be selected and sold for treasure, though I'd recommend saving most of it unless you have extras as they're looking to add a crafting program as well as Crim will look for some of these items.

The Trading Post is a great place to stop into once a day. At Pinkerton's he will give you one free, random item a day. I've mentioned Crim's stand already. Every x amount of minutes she'll have 5 items you can sort through to see if you have anything to give her for treasure. Swipp's Swap Stand is similar though mostly I've noticed he'll take things like food and crafting materials and turn them into something like Apparel or a Familiar.

The Marketplace is a good place to go as you start building up your treasure as you can buy breeding genes there as well as battle items, apparel, and familiars.

The Auction House is fairly self explanatory; players go there to sell things they don't need/want anymore, including dragons. Dragons are fairly expensive though from what I've seen.

Crossroads allows you to trade a dragon with another user.

Down under the Play section is where I spend a lot of time in this little game. Fairgrounds allows you to play a memory type game or build puzzles (I will sit and build puzzles for hours sometimes). Those allow you to gain bonus treasure. The Coliseum is where you go to set up your dragon fighting team. The first option there you want to click is Organize Party. Drag your two adult dragons in the circles and then hit the back button at the top right (otherwise they won't set there properly). If they set there properly when you go back to the main coliseum screen all the buttons will be lit up. Abilities and Stats is where you want to go every time your dragons level up to distribute stat points (I didn't figure this out until my dragons were level 5). I highly recommend building up one physical dragon and one magical dragon, but that's just me; my magic dragon's special ability I bought him hits for around 200 points of damage at level 6. Monster Battle is where you want to go to level your dragons up, stay in the training area until you hit level 4. The level 4-6 zone can be a little brutal sometimes. And Rated Match is where you fight other players; I have not yet used this feature so I can't comment about it in detail.

And that's basically it to Flight Rising. Anything I need to figure out I've been able to find through Google and getting links back to their forums. At this time familiars don't do anything except look pretty next to your dragon and earn a small amount of treasure as you bond with them each day.

[/center]
Makoes

Unread post by Makoes »

*Fixed

Ohhh, that is a very helpful guide :D

~~~
~~~
~~~

Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin(US)

Unread post by Qinni »

I don't have a u in my name at all! >:C People always do that. >.<
Makoes

Unread post by Makoes »

> < Sorry!!!
Fixed now. So out of habit to do Qu together since its pretty much a set rule that "U" always comes right after a "Q"

~~~
~~~
~~~

Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Qinni »

Its no problem. People even say my name on vent that way too. >.<
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Flight Rising is many things, and one of those things is godawfully laggy. By far one of the slowest websites I've ever been on- I hope they fix that soon!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Qinni »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:Flight Rising is many things, and one of those things is godawfully laggy. By far one of the slowest websites I've ever been on- I hope they fix that soon!
Its only laggy like that sometimes. You caught it on a bad day today.
Makoes

Unread post by Makoes »

Well, like any new site just starting out, its going to be a bit buggy. Even some sites that have been out for awhile still encounter high lagging bits, usually dependent on how many people are online at the time. The test will be to see if they can figure out how to cut down on that lagging swiftly.
However, I do like that their Admins seem to have a good sense of humor, and have been good at acknowledging the player base and the contributions they are making testing out this new site.

**that and i believe they have only been referring to the "server" and not "Servers". With the high volume of people on the site (particularly the battling) it can put a lot of stress on things. Hopefully they will be able to accumulate enough funding to get another server up.

~~~
~~~
~~~

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

LupisDarkmoon wrote:Flight Rising is many things, and one of those things is godawfully laggy. By far one of the slowest websites I've ever been on- I hope they fix that soon!
To be fair, it just went public June 8th and they mention in their announcements or forums that they weren't expecting to gain as many people as it has so swiftly. It's the biggest reason why new features haven't been getting added to the game yet because they're still in the process of stabalizing the server. They were expecting this many people like a few months down the line. xD

[/center]
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Sorry, that came out a lot more negative than I meant it to be, woop. I totally understand why it's laggy, Neondragon is incredibly popular and the surge of people flooding the site is no doubt much larger than they expected. It's certainly no gamebreaker. I'm just hoping that they can stabilize the server fairly soon, because the number of people is only going to rise and I wouldn't want it to loose support due to the lag.

That said, it's also very annoying to be in a fight and suddenly be unable to attack or finish the battle. Or load the page.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Makoes

Unread post by Makoes »

I've managed to get to lv 5, and bought a water attack for my Cicuta. Set my dragons to breed, 2 eggs to hatch in about 5 days. Not sure what to do with them yet, whether to save them, raise them, sell them, exalt them...guess it also depends on what they look like. I want to try to have an all blue clan XD

No luck yet on acquiring a familiar, are they rare drop type things?

~~~
~~~
~~~

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

You can buy them in the marketplace for treasure or you get them as rare drops while fighting monsters.

[/center]
Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Qinni »

I've gotten all my familiars threw the pile in the trading post and in battles. I gotten one of them when I gathered items. I have yet to get an egg though.
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Oh cool I need to sign up for this. Neodragon's art books helped me improve my artwork x10 and I would often enjoy the artwork posted on the main site. Dragons here I come! :D