Flight Rising - General Discussion

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Re: Flight Rising - General Discussion

Unread post by Ana »

I hope the mafia notes helps a bit?

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

They sure do! <3

I just thought I was doing something wrong when so many people have cleared plots and I'm behind.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I don't use my magnifiers until I have enough to finish up a plot. Unearthed a second familiar yesterday, ty mafia!
Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

If it helps I'm also yet to uncover anything, though I'm able to complete one today. I usually wake up/load FR late so I only get the max 9 notes from friends and my pickaxes have not been cooperative.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

I read on the forums today someone got 7 pickaxes. I got 2. RNG woes. At least I'm not doing it wrong, so I'll keep plugging.
Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Yeah, I've had anywhere between 3 and 5 myself.

First dig site dug up. I got four pieces of dark dino armour!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Got Fissure just now but I am selling that's instead of using it.

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

I was thinking about how I personally expected or would have liked for AAA after working on it for a little while. Current AAA really isn't that fun and there's little point in trading familiars since everyone is guaranteed to get each one over time, just that some get certain ones faster because RNG. Plus some people don't have the time to play FR and use their tools when the time is so short, putting them to waste.

What I think I would have liked is similar to Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, Platinum and the latest remakes' (Grand) Underground. There you run around and find sparkling spots in the wall that you can dig in and you use a sledgehammer and pickaxe to dig up items. These include elemental plates, evolution stones, gems used as currency Underground, heart scales used to teach your Pokémon moves and, you guessed it, fossils. Tools can be used infinitely and instantaneously but the dig spot is unstable - the more you dig the more likely it is to collapse and take away anything you didn't dig up. Sledgehammers clear out a large area very quickly but cause a lot of damage to the wall, while pickaxes do less damage and are used to clear out single tiles or smaller areas. There are also rocks you can hit which mitigate your attempts at digging and cause massive structural damage. Probably the most frustrating part of digging.

So, rather than have a lot of small dig sites with literally everything available at the same time and relying on RNG to determine which ones you finish first, I would rather have seen a single, larger dig site that pulls from a pool of these items as you complete them. Familiars are common, apparel boxes are uncommon and the genes are rare. Tools are still limited daily but at a set amount, say 3 each. Rather than multiple random areas pickaxes clear a large area around a selected tile. Magnifying glasses can be kept the same to clear out those pesky single tiles not worth using a pickaxe on. And both take much, much longer. I'm talking hours rather than minutes. Research notes can also be kept as they are: a random, single tile. This makes things slower but could clear up a lot of issues we have now.

It would be extremely painful losing a gene because you struck a rock with your pickaxe and made the site unstable, especially if the dig site rolls something else, so I'd say there would be no structural damage and as such set-backs or complete losses like Pokémon's wall collapses.

Another possible fun addition could be the chance of digging up materials. I'm sure there can be pieces of valuable ore and gems in that earth you're shifting. Or, say the image of the familiar is as big as they are now but the dig site is more like the size of the genes - that's a lot of wasted space. Why not reward failed efforts with something small but useful?

Imagine then, for example, a 20x20 dig site similar to what we got in AAA. There's only one item in there from the pool of things we can get, all at their current sizes. The item is random, as is the location: perhaps one day you dug up a styrantrum and it happened to be almost dead-centre. Another day it's an iguanador but it was tucked in the top-left corner. You'd need to spend time finding the item as much as digging it up but empty spots still give materials and maybe valuable items purely for selling. Once you've uncovered that item you can roll onto the next dig site or stay to see what stray goodies were left behind so you can make a bit of treasure as well.

What do you guys think? How would you change AAA?

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I honestly doesnt know.. it needs tweeking that for sure. Everybody getting the same rewards seems kinda dull..but I don't got a clear idea on how to make it better/more interesting
I would love to be able to sell/gift all ressources though

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Cos I'm an absolute sucker for these things I had to check/remind myself of my bird-dancer's sizes (plus Reynauld) and
First, look how big Bubo is!
Second, of this flock Cyanocitta has both the smallest body length and longest wingspan. I find this amusing.

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

I have mixed feelings on this year's April Fools.

Not at all ominous when running a Pinkerlocke. Good thing I already got mine.

The dragon reading this scroll most certainly has glasses.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Hehe some scrolls are fun. Rest are meh ;)

Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

I do like the test tubes though. Hope they turn into something cool.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Who needs the other colored noggle?
Just write which color you need :)

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

UmbralHart would love an orange/red noggle please :)
Of course it was noggles xD

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

One send :)

Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

Oh I would love a blue noggle, if you have one to spare! Gwathdraug is the account. :)
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Blue noggle send :)

Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

I'd love a blue Noggle, if there's any left, please. :)
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Send :)