Flight Rising - General Discussion

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Re: Flight Rising - General Discussion

Unread post by Ana »

I totally avoid Tumblr these days. . Bit too much drama. .

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

Yeah. DR is the only Tumblr I ever look at, just to make sure I'm not interacting with someone terrible on FR.
I dont have accounts with those kind of places. Not even facebook. Just not worth the hassle

Siggy under construction!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Mĭrya Namárië wrote:Really struggling to keep the regular lairspace suggestion in the top 3 pages of the suggestions...

help appreciated!

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2557136

I cant keep posting on my own as it would look too much like bumping so if you agree that we need more regular lairspace just write a few words.. then when it falls down into place i can write again :D

I really fail to keep this alive all by myself. If you feel you can help then I would appreciate it.. I suffer so much from lack of real lairspace.. The Den is not real lairspace to me..

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I'm afraid I feel the same way here as I do in wow. I wouldn't complain if we got more space, but I feel 200 is enough. Having to make choices about which dragons I keep in my lair makes it more meaningful for me.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

heh I would still have to struggle if we had 9000 dragons.. That´s the woe of a collector I guess :P
But I know not all feel like me.. prpb why I am struggeling with keeping it alive :P

I am getting my den up slowly (at 60 spaces now) but for me it´s just not the same.. I rather have 600 lairspace and 200 den space :P

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Our computer shut down during a complete reset. Now there is only a black screen and we got no reboot cd. So no mafia hatchlings until we find a way to fix the computer. Mobile unit is not good for posting.

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

Lore question for those who incorporate it: What do your dragons live in? I largely believed they'd be content sleeping on the floor of the cave or roost they claim/build, but a Nuzlocke I'm currently reading states their dragons build houses akin to humans irl. So now I'm curious to see how varied living conditions can be like.

I've seen various different views and some that plain ignore the fact. Some lore is already available on FR: fae build nests out of sap that sometimes get big enough to collapse on itself, bogsneaks pull rotten logs and plants together, coatl prefer open-air nests but adhere to other den designs if needed etc but there's no solid idea for lair/den structure as a whole. Location also matters of course. So I'm curious to know how you guys see your lairs: do your dragons sleep on the floor? Do they build nests similar to birds using different materials? Do they believe in using furniture like beds etc? I'm interested to read!

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Mine lives on a boat. . But that boat is a camouflaged vessel a la Tardis. . There are lush forest where my foresters lives in a Wood cabin. The two dragons also constructed something like Kelethin (Google Kelethin Eq) a city up in the trees where my merchant, trainers and some dragons without jobs lives. My hunters use the forest to get meat but they have a home below deck in something which is similar to a Cruise
Ships luksus cabin.
Jill sleep coiled up near the stearing consule and as Jack don't like to leave her behind he sleeps nearby.
My miners lives in a city beneath the mines they mine. . A la Morias halls. .

Rest is undesided

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

Mine live in a combination of seaside caves and built shelters similar to a long house

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

My clan is nomadic. The core group migrates around to different parts of the labyrinth, but I also have dragons that travel back and forth to other regions. They mostly sleep rough, nothing more complicated than tents. I'm sure my Fae will sleep in unused sap nests they come across and may build them in places they return to every year. But I mostly envision them roosting in flocks in trees, hanging like fruit bats! :) The tents are for the spicy noodle mercs--we hang tube hammocks in there for them. :lol:
Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Thanks for the replies, guys. It's fascinating to see how different everyone's ideas are :) There's a lot of lovely and diverse imagery going on!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

My computer is working again!! From tomorrow i can post comments and the mafia can post their hatchlings - you prob did not miss them did you :P :mrgreen:

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Welcome back Mirya :hug:

New RP/Lore question for you guys! How do you handle breed changes in lore? Or do you not at all? For instance, this fae has a story but they've been turned into, say, a pearlcatcher. Do you describe how this happened or simply rewrite the lore to make it sound like they were a pearlcatcher all along? There is a nuzlocke rule some people employ in pinkerlockes wherein every egg found allows a free breed change for any participating dragon. While I'm curious to employ this myself I've shied away as I don't have a solid idea of how it would work in a story situation.

RP work-arounds I've seen so far include:
- Magic scroll, read it and POOF you're that breed now
- Magic scroll, read it and you gradually become that breed over time and may experience adverse effects/need time to adjust (easier for nocturnes who frequently mimic the breed)
- Surgery
- Deity blessing

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Thank you! I look forward to posting and commenting tomorrow :hug:

For me it works in a non magical way. It´s a technology which the lightning boss came up with (dont recall his name). A dragon eats the scroll and then becomes the breed or gets the genes etc. In my clan they can first "eat " the scroll after doing some research on the technology. I adopt this technology different depending on how I feel like writing it:

e.g. this is a part of Shadow´s Lore
Years went by and suddenly a whisper came from far away that dragons had learned to turned themselves into Ancients! Shadow immediately sought out to learn how. It was his goal to become one, maybe even try on all the Ancient breeds. Shadow studied all the books and listened to all the tales. He soon figured out how to become an Ancient Breed.

Shadow found out that Ancients came in a variety of types andgenes and he wanted to find out a way to try them all!! He was pleased with himself. Even more years of adoration and dragons showing up in awe of his ever changing colors and appearance. It fit his wain self very well!
Jill was just born a Wildclaw because she can code and read the games kinda like Neo can in the matrix.. complicated i know but works for me

The way you wrote the part of Shadow´s scatter works too... it was in form of a potion.. and it would fit your current team buildup if your alchemist came up with a portion to change breed/genes/colors?

Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Kirrandria »

I've only ever had two dragons breed change in my lore before. Once was my random progen who was a Fae but became a Guardian to better match my custom. Since my lair is located close-ish to Arcane territory, I imagine it isn't terribly difficult (though probably expensive) to get a hold of a scroll that contains the proper magic. If anybody were to have a magic poof scroll, it'd be Arcane! He adjusted pretty quick, though never got the urge to seek a charge.

Second was my custom Progen, who in order to give a reason as to why I exalted her I decided to change to a Bogsneak in my lore. Being a Wind dragon, she became dreadfully bored of the idea of a charge keeping her in one place for long and so once her current charge had gotten to a point where it could "take care of itself" she went and sought out the mutagen. Had a transformation similar to how it happened to Baldwin - very slow and itchy - and in the end she became Bogsneak-esque. Still has a lot of Guardian features, like a frill on the underside of her neck and fins on her arms/legs. Thankfully, she did loose her drive to protect her charge, so the intended reason for the transformation worked! Then she flew off to explore the world she had missed traveling in years past and the lair hasn't heard from her since!
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Oops- I keep forgetting to answer questions!

Lair: My dragons live on a boat! It's a huge vessel called the Lungship and it's made of a ton of different salvaged wrecks all combined into one amalgamation, bound together with living material- leather and flesh and all the icky things that make up Plague lands. There's so much of it that's alive that it became its own sort of living creature, coiled around boards and metal- the seers of the clan communicate with it and heal it like a great, benevolent entity. The Lungship patrols the waters connecting Plague and Water territory, where they live a life of piracy- eternally embittered to the water, and at war with those who inhabit it.

Breed changes: I've honestly never tried to acknowledge breed or gene change scrolls because the concept confuses me :,D So no insight there I'm afraid!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

My breed changes depend on the dragon one was through alchemy and I have used scrolls, magic and blessings from the flight leads

Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

I was wondering if anyone might be proficient with making backgrounds transparent? I've watched video tutorials and followed step-by-step instructions but I'm still finding it difficult to achieve what I want to do. I'm confident that some of my fellow Petopians are more knowledgable about such things.

I want to add my dragon's astrological symbol to their bio page but I need the backgrounds to be transparent so the white doesn't stand out. Here are the individual images at the desired 25px by 25px size (except for Virgo which I had to size at 32px by 25px):

Aquarius Image Aries Image Cancer Image Capricorn Image Gemini Image Leo Image Libra Image Pisces Image Sagittarius Image Scorpio Image Taurus Image Virgo Image

Now I'm noticing there are slight inconsistencies between the thickness of the symbols. I want to keep the design fairly simple but if anyone has something better in mind (or can fix what I have), I'd love to see it!

Any artistic help would be greatly appreciated. I've been beating myself up trying to perfect this project but I lack the know-how to get it just right.

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

I had a shot at the signs for you, Niabi. At the very least they -should- be transparent now!

Aquarius Image Aries Image Cancer Image Capricorn Image Gemini Image Leo Image Libra Image Pisces Image Sagittarius Image Scorpio Image Taurus Image Virgo Image

Might want to copy one to test otherwise there's a Zip with the full lot for you, and anyone else who'd like to, to make use of :hug:
Attachments
Astrology Edits.zip
(6.97 KiB) Downloaded 141 times

Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

Thank you Vare! :hug:

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising