Flight Rising Rant Thread

Snowy
Illustrious Master Hunter

Re: Flight Rising Rant Thread

Unread post by Snowy »

Drama Rising is the whole reason I post on Petopia, in my hatchery thread, and no where else.

God knows one day I might call someone a 'they' and I'll get my head ripped off for it.

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Honestly calling everyone by "they" is the safest thing you can do, unless you know without a doubt what their preferred gender pronoun is... "They/them" is neutral and I and many others use it by default. If someone bites your head off for using that pronoun they're an idiot.
Last edited by Lupen202 on Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Hehehe 'they're' an idiot hehehe... x) But seriously, yes, I know, and I do call everyone 'they' by default but I am not going to lie - if anyone wants me to refer to them as something other than 'they/them', 'she/her' or 'he/him', I'm not going to.

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

Lupen202 wrote:I have a couple of their accents but now I wish I grabbed more - if the people who bought them get to keep them I see a good opportunity for profit lol. I really hope those who paid and never received their accents though get refunds.. it isn't fair that they loose gems due to this person's idiocy.

Let's not forget though that this is partly the FR staff's fault for accepting that accent in the first place.
nah when an accent gets removed by the staff it gets entirely wiped off the site, no chance of reselling it at all

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

do the ppl who bought it at least get their money/gems back then?

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Snowy wrote:Hehehe 'they're' an idiot hehehe... x) But seriously, yes, I know, and I do call everyone 'they' by default but I am not going to lie - if anyone wants me to refer to them as something other than 'they/them', 'she/her' or 'he/him', I'm not going to.
God no I agree with you there... I'm sorry but I'm not going to use animal pronouns or some stupid crap. Like tiger/tigerself like a certain someone on FR...
Alex wrote:
Lupen202 wrote:I have a couple of their accents but now I wish I grabbed more - if the people who bought them get to keep them I see a good opportunity for profit lol. I really hope those who paid and never received their accents though get refunds.. it isn't fair that they loose gems due to this person's idiocy.

Let's not forget though that this is partly the FR staff's fault for accepting that accent in the first place.
nah when an accent gets removed by the staff it gets entirely wiped off the site, no chance of reselling it at all
I know. I just meant that if they don't get removed, then those who previously bought and received the accents could probably sell them for quite a bit more now that they're "retired". But like I said I don't see why the admins would remove ALL of their accents when only one used copyrighted material.

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

Tårnfalk wrote:do the ppl who bought it at least get their money/gems back then?
not that I know of :/

Lupen;
I think if someone gets banned for copyright reasons then everything they've made gets removed?? apparently a lot of the accents they've made were flat-out copypasted from online sources, lemme see if I cant find a post abt it

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

Here's some of the things they've made among many others that are basically copypaste
http://loveofshame.tumblr.com/post/1242 ... ume-dorufu

unfortunately Tarn that skin/accent you have for deputy might disappear too if they do actually wipe everything they've done :/

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I thought that the only accent causing an issue was the one with the copy pasted Gilded crown? And that was a personal accent (only one copy and it belonged to them). None of their other accents seem to be copied at all.

Edit:

Only the first was made by Plume though, and I don't think it was released to the public either. Not to mention it's a stretch .. similar but I don't see anything pointing to it being copy-pasted. I guess they could still pull all of their accents, but so far the only potentially copyrighted ones were personal or customs.

Edit #2:

Did more digging and I guess there were some more that were copied by Plume. but none that I own.

http://loveofshame.tumblr.com/post/1241 ... -and-their
Last edited by Lupen202 on Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

I haven't really followed the drama very closely tbh they might've made the others and name-changed?? cause I know that it keeps the old username on the description instead of changing to the new one

honestly with the FR staff who the fuck even knows what they'll do anymore, whether it be logical or not

Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Arthur »

I don't put my preferred pronouns anywhere other than my tumblr because I'm afraid of the people who actively refuse to use them out of spite, or will send me hateful messages. Granted, mine are they/them, but I still don't feel comfortable sharing on FR. No this isn't directed at you guys, I was just mentioning it because the topic came up.

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Sorry for totally changing the topic again. xD

Urg. Just realised how many familiars I don't have... having to go through each Coliseum venue just to see which familiars I'm missing from each area. I wish the bestiary would just tell you where you can find each one. :c I have so many missing... I never really wanted to collect them properly until now though. I'm missing a ton from the Rainsong Jungle though so... I'll start there I guess. And the Pardas are super cute. xD

Edit: OH MY GOD I GOT A KING PARDA LIKE STRAIGHT AWAY AHA

Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Silver Hand (H) Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Ashaine »

I hear you. I always find it safer to use they/them (unless I'm told otherwise). I've got in trouble before due to assuming and referring to people by the genders of their characters. I don't personally mind if someone refers to me as him. Heck, most of Petopia thought I was male OOC for a long time since my handle is masculine. But I know other people have a big problem with that, so I really try hard to use they/them unless I know for certain what a person prefers. ;)

On the rant side of things... WTH is with the sudden hate of the word 'derg'? It has to be the stupidest thing I've heard yet. I even thought someone was trolling when I first stumbled upon it. I mean... SERIOUSLY?!? That would be like someone saying the word tame is offensive because it's one letter off of the word lame. Derg is not a derogatory term. Nor is it slang for one. It is in no way related to derp. I really think some people will get offended by or complain about absolutely everything. Yes, it's a silly term and I don't care to use it because I prefer to take my dragons more seriously, but my goodness, it's certainly not some horrible flame word. /facepalms
Last edited by Ashaine on Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ashaine Silverfel - <Dreadblade Assassins> - Silver Hand US - Faileas#1676
Deviantart | Facebook | Signature Shop | Flight Rising
"Not all who wander are lost."

Guildmaster • Hunter-Friendly RP Guild • Always Recruiting! • PM me!

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Derg is suddenly hated? People have been referring to their dragons as dergs for ages now. If they were referred to as 'drags' then I'd understand, kind of. I like to think I Tuskless's my dragon seriously, but calling them dergs sounds cute. I highly doubt anyone decided to name dragons dergs to try and offend anyone... Some people confuse me so much. >_>
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

People just like to complain, that's all.

Siggy under construction!

Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Arthur »

I don't like derg, it's annoying to me, but I don't find it offensive. It's just a silly word. I mean.. I've said dragums before..

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

I don't really like the sound of the word derg, that and I don't see the need to shorten a 6-letter word. But I don't get annoyed by people who do use it and I'm clueless at to how anyone could be offended by it, it just feels like people are coming up with bullshit excuses now.

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

the joys of being genderfluid lmao I don't care what people refer to me as as long as I know they're talking about me if necessary ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

and yea, people on tumblr talking about how "derg" seems like "derp" which is ableist against mentally handicapped people (the reasoning behind derp I understand. derg I do not) It's just a shortening of word that people like to use
I no longer use derp because of its negative connotation (I've also grown out of that 13-year-old part of my life) but ?????? derg is completely harmless, I don't even fucking know where the drama for this popped up honestly

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

They haggled with me for her, I accepted, they never thanked me. Saw her back on the AH two days later. And now...

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view ... d=14645728

Unnamed and exalted. Remind me never to sell to RariCat ever again if I can help it.

Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

I personally can't stand the word 'derg' but it's harmless.

Snowy, I'm really sorry that happened. :/

My own rant: Argh! I love the new robo-bird familiars, but I can't survive in the Golem Workshop at all, my teams always end up eaten alive there. Maybe I'll get lucky and get one out of a chest. And why does the Windbound Plumage have to be so goddamned expensive?! *sighs and walks off*