Flight Rising Rant Thread

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Re: Flight Rising Rant Thread

Unread post by Varethyn »

That moment when you look over your current pairs' range spreads and consider getting some of them new partners to limit the range better for prettier combos/potential double/triple coloured offspring. On top of wanting to add genes to a lot of them. On top of having limited lair space and an expensive expansion.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Varethyn wrote:That moment when you look over your current pairs' range spreads and consider getting some of them new partners to limit the range better for prettier combos/potential double/triple coloured offspring. On top of wanting to add genes to a lot of them. On top of having limited lair space and an expensive expansion.
This is me right now. I've sold off some that just didn't fit into my lair scheme, and am pairing on color ranges. Not so much going for doubles..I just want a pretty selection. :)
Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

I'm full of rant today it seems.

"I'm bored, let's breed some dragons!

Wow! Impressive! Why not, let's breed Vare and Talu again.

Amazing! This a very good sign! Let's try the potential triple-blues pair!"

...Of all the pairs to get one egg. It'd better be good >:T
That and, 9 eggs is one too many for the 8 spaces I have left *Headdesk* Time to exalt a few dragons...

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Got up to 100 speed on shock normal..game server loses connection. Time and treasure GONE. URghhhhhhh!
Bangeall
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Doomhammer EU

Unread post by Bangeall »

My imp and wildclaw had a two-egg nest. While I know I should be happy that at least it wasn't one, they have a chance at producing one of my dream combinations, and with two eggs, the likelihood is reduced. I was also hoping to have one for trade, but again, I'll have to sell them both to make some of my treasure back. Oh well.
Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin(US)

Unread post by Qinni »

Dewclaw wrote:Got up to 100 speed on shock normal..game server loses connection. Time and treasure GONE. URghhhhhhh!
Gotten to almost 200 speed and got no money once.
Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Frostwolf, Blackwater Raiders

Unread post by Aeladrine »

So bored.
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.
Tumblr || Deviantart || WoW RP Blog

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Aeladrine wrote:So bored.
Yeah, my interest keeps dwindling. I mean I love my dragons and I sort of get excited for new ones and breeding, but I keep running into brick walls like lair space and having no good ways to make treasure any more and it's just all kind of...bleh. Sometimes I remember to log in to do a few gathering turns, but mostly I'm just drifting.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Vephriel wrote:
Aeladrine wrote:So bored.
Yeah, my interest keeps dwindling. I mean I love my dragons and I sort of get excited for new ones and breeding, but I keep running into brick walls like lair space and having no good ways to make treasure any more and it's just all kind of...bleh. Sometimes I remember to log in to do a few gathering turns, but mostly I'm just drifting.
I only just got back and all I do is do my gathering turns...... There really is not much else for me to do.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

I've found that my interest shifts daily. For the past few days I just logged in once or twice a day to poke my dragons and then logged off, but today I've spent quite a good amount of time doing Coli stuff. I suppose what I needed was a time limit (I need to pay off a dragon) but despite how grindy Coli is, I do genuinely enjoy sitting down with a drink and something on Youtube and grinding coli for an hour or so.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

The challenge of scrolling my dragons and such keeps me super excited about logging on FR every day. It is good to have obtainable yet long standing goals! It makes things stay fresh.

Siggy under construction!

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Bowno wrote:The challenge of scrolling my dragons and such keeps me super excited about logging on FR every day. It is good to have obtainable yet long standing goals! It makes things stay fresh.
This is definitely important too, yeah! I need to start putting time limits on myself more, as in must get shimmer by friday, etc. It makes me much more excited to get on FR and get stuff done when I have a reasonable goal!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Are people really accusing people of art theft in FR? Yeah they look kind of the same but um there is a thing where people can draw two drawings that look the same and have not ever seen each others work before.

I mean I bet you I could find drawings of dragons that look JUST LIKE the ones in Flight rising. I mean it's really hard to draw a dragon or some beast and make it look unique ya know?
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Ugh, it really ticks me off that people are nit-picking specific details from the two designs and going "SEEEE? LOOK HOW SIMILAR" when both designs are super generic "PUT A NEW SKULL ON A PANGOLIN" creatures and /of course/ they're going to look alike. -.-

And besides, people do not understand the weight of art theft. People assume you can go "OH THEY STOLE THIS" and it'll be like a slap on the wrist. No, that's not how it works. You don't just run around claiming art theft and apologizing for the drama later.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

I know all about art theft and yeah you don't accuse someone unless you have hard proof.
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

I really like the ones where people use "IT HAS TUSKS!" as their defense for it being art theft. ...Yeah, welcome to fantasy art, where all things are given tusks. >.> That's how fantasy art works. You take two things and combine them, you add ridiculous amounts of scaley armor, claw and toothy claw/tusk, you call it a new thing. That's how almost every fantasy thing out there came about.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

I mean why is it that one drawing? I mean hell I'm sure as all hell you could find a dragon that looked like a fr! It's silly.
Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

The price of Scatterscrolls atm is really starting to irritate me. They used to be 50kt, then ~70kt, and now they're up in the high 80s-100kt range :|

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Alex wrote:The price of Scatterscrolls atm is really starting to irritate me. They used to be 50kt, then ~70kt, and now they're up in the high 80s-100kt range :|
this!! the prices of a imp is soon lower then a scatter or a boon... its soo silly :(

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

cowmuflage wrote:Are people really accusing people of art theft in FR? Yeah they look kind of the same but um there is a thing where people can draw two drawings that look the same and have not ever seen each others work before.

I mean I bet you I could find drawings of dragons that look JUST LIKE the ones in Flight rising. I mean it's really hard to draw a dragon or some beast and make it look unique ya know?

Where is this happening?
ImageImage