Flight Rising Rant Thread

Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Re: Flight Rising Rant Thread

Unread post by Teigan »

The whole Riot of Rot thing....the blood rule is stupid to me. I would rather see blood than rot. How is a walking corpse not suffering? How is a living dragon with green pus oozing from it's wounds NOT suffering? I can stand blood, and I like the dried out bones and such. But rot...no. That is a solid nope from me. I despise zombies. They make me feel ill and I have nightmares if I try to watch a show that has them. But somehow THOSE are ok?
I mostly can't stand Plague aesthetic, other than the old bones and scars type stuff, so I won't be using 95% of the skins anyway, but the rules still seem hypocritical to me.
Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Kirrandria »

Why do I gotta like rare expensive outfits? One dragon in my lair has the remainder of an outfit that'll cost me 700kt or more if I just buy it off the AH. I'm too impatient to camp the Markletplace for certain items and wait until NotN for the others.
And then there's the gem items.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

The rules are hypocritical.. ranting because i feel ARRGH. Whilst these skin/accents are pretty.. What on earth do they have to do with plague? I dont want to rant in the discussion thread as I dont want to upset the artist (so now I hope they dont read petopian entries :P )

That one to me seem to belong in arcane... not plague...
Image -> Image

Possible shadow? too purple and pink for plague i think.. well done though
Image -> Image

Bats more shadow than plague. Again well done but not for plague
Image -> Image

Mechanical stuff to me belong more in Lightning than plague..
Image -> Image

These two are Sooo pretty.. but too purple/pink for plague.
Image -> Image Image -> Image

I get that ezema is a plague thing.. but they should be more red imo Same artist made a coatl accent.. this belong in fire .. cannot see a plague thing about it at all.. well done but not for plague.
Image Image

LOOVE the idea and concept.. but the pink bones.. yeah well if those are suppose to be flesh then the color need to be toned down
Image -> Image

Soo pretty butterfly.. but more for earth I think..

Image -> Image

Ahhh frantrict rant over.. sorry Just needed to get it off my chest. Nothing against the artist at all.. just not plague like for me

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

Tårnfalk wrote:Possible shadow? too purple and pink for plague i think.. well done though
Image -> Image
i believe this one is a reference to hanahaki disease (i think, i'm not 100% certain but it seems like?)
Hanahaki Disease (花吐き病 (Japanese); 하나하키병 (Korean); 花吐病 (Chinese)) is a fictional disease in which the victim coughs up flower petals when they suffer from one-sided love. It ends when the beloved returns their feelings (romantic love only; strong friendship is not enough), or when the victim dies. It can be cured through surgical removal, but when the infection is removed, the victim's romantic feelings for their love also disappear.

This trope has several variations, and is used in both happy and tragic stories. It often develops over months or even years, beginning with coughing up a few petals and growing in intensity (and pain) until the victim is vomiting entire flowers, by which point the disease has entered its final stages. The most common version is when the victim's lungs get filled with the flowers and roots grow in their respiratory system. They choke on their own blood and petals, and die.
definitely not the most pleasant of things aha

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Heh that sound horrible. .but allowed due to no blood. .where as a surviveable hole is not allowed due to suffering lol...weird rules. Thanks for explaning it to me :)

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Blarb, this pretty old dragon is for sale and it looks like the owner is quitting (they havent fed or hatched anything in a while) but I have no where near enough to save this green boy :cry: He could look so pretty :|

Image :mrgreen:

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Sold Sheridan a while ago.. today stumbled across a female wc which were perfection.. now I have go find her a mate ..and sheridan would have been perfect :/ - and the one in ah is 1500 gems... I cant afford that after getting the girl... grrr...

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

Welp, I've run into the same exact problem I had before I came back to FR. Boredom. I honestly don't know what else to do on the site. I don't do the colosseum, as I don't have the patience to grind it. I don't have any actual breeding projects other then to just spit out random exalt fodder. I've tried a couple of times on the forums to find possible RP buddies, but they tend to just simply poof right away and it goes no where. I don't really grind any games to get any big amounts of money. Occasionally I'll try to dress up my dragons nice and pretty, but that only entertains me so much. Most I do is just do gathering, feeding and that's about it.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I have hatchlings every day so I have something to look at which help me with the boredom. I collect old dragons which are soo expensive so there is always a project. You could take up collecting? either oldies or gen ones? That way you always have a project to look forward too. I hope you find your thing <3 It took me a while to find my thing.

I always want to see hatchlings no matter how they look. It´s just a fun thing for me to do :D

Tiny rant:

I wish more ppl would show off their hatchlings... even if they dont think they are special it would help the forum get more activity. I miss the "olden" days where ppl used to post much more often..

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Don't usually post here, but is anyone else having difficulty getting onto FR with these new ads? I keep seeing people mention the pop-up ads that are obvious scams coming up, but until a few minutes ago I hadn't had one for myself. Now, however, every time I open a tab for fr, I'm immediately redirected to this scam page and I'm about to throw hands. I've got pretty dragons to look at and I can't actually get into fr at all.

Edit: Fixed it - just had to do a little magical 'shut down' to restart the browser. So, uh, that's cool, thanks fr
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I got addblocker on my pc but no problem on my mobile. . I only see comic adds now. Before it was gameplayer adds only.your not the only one who has a problem though. . Bug /general discussion has a lot of these posts

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I might need to invest in an adblocker for mobile because, jokes on me, restarting didn't actually work and the ad is back.

I'll have to see if I can find a thread to throw my couple cents into about it once I can actually get into fr :lol:
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Addblock plus is free. .well at least on my mobile. .it's a Samsung a4 i think. .

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I just did a quick google to double check and that's available on Apple so away to the App Store I go :'D thank you~!
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Anytime :). Hope you suceed in getting fr playable

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

uBlock Origins is better than Adblock tbh Adblock sold out to ad firms and whitelist ads by ppl who pay enough, and even insert their own ads on sites instead of the site owners. you can get all kinds of malware from that shit.

i mean i can't force y'all to do anything, but i haven't had any issues with uBlock and it's easy to use
Last edited by Nick on Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

I actually have both uBlock Origin and Adblock Plus. I don't know that it's necessary, but it makes Wowhead usable lol. I second uBlock Origin being the better of the two, though. Also, it's free too
Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin(US)

Unread post by Qinni »

Small rant. Been doing joint breedings and its be going fine but for once person. They email me that they are sick and I hope they are okay but that was days ago. I hope they arent at the hospital or anything like that. I still have their dragon galic in my lair with the babies as well but now I'm stuck with expanding my lair or geneing my dragons. I had planed to gene some dragons with the art money that I earned but it looks like i'll have to expand instead and put Coffee and CafeTouba projects on hold.

I'm not at them. their sick ffs. im sick too. I just hope they arent dying anywhere and their dragon can come home soon.
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

I have room to hold dragons, if you need it
Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin(US)

Unread post by Qinni »

Teigan wrote:I have room to hold dragons, if you need it
thank you for the offer but because of last time and my competitive nature I am trying to play the game myself and earn my own stuff without begging. Like I said before though. Its not a problem I'm just kinda getting worried for the person in general. I talked to them a bit getting to know them and all and they seem rather nice. It just sucks seeing things happen to good people.

sorry for rambling xP

a simple "nah its cool" would have be okay.