Flight Rising Rant Thread

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Re: Flight Rising Rant Thread

Unread post by Ana »

Mumbles. .. still don't like the Hibernal Den :P. I want real lairspace. . And no floating dragon images! !

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

ppl like this make me want to cringe

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2627811/1

WHY play a breeding game if gender annoys you this much?? one more for the blocked player list...
The assumption this person take is just toally out of place. I am a woman and I feel nowhere less/demined by the fact that the male is mention first in the parents note of a dragon... I feel persons like this cast an ugly shadow over ppl who DO have gender problems.. really hard to read..

I hope i did not offend anyone. I am neutral when it comes to the politics, gender issues etc. But this person just rubbed me all the wrong way. I blocked them not because of the issue but the way they handled it. If I offended anyone let me know and I delete this

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Yeahhh I mean, I'm glad they're passionate, but going to a /breeding website/ is absolutely not the place for that kind of argument.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Looks like it got taken down. I'm sad I can't see the drama.
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

the TL;DR is that someone was arguing for the complete removal of gender in FR, allowing all dragons to breed with all other dragons. They supported their stance by bringing intersex people into the equation, which personally makes my hackles rise because I've read a lot of opinions by intersex folks saying that they absolutely Do Not want to be used as an example for this kind of issue.

I can totally back the idea of a "gender removal" scroll or what have you (that removes their gender symbol but keeps the mechanics the same), but everyone I've met who's trans, agender, etc (myself included!) just flat out ignore the gender symbol in the first place. :lol: It's made even easier to do now that they're so hard to see on the lair page!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Kirrandria »

I'm for the most part happy about the new lair update but SHEESH does the fact that the food points are now more 'centered' than before irrationally irritate me.
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Why not just put in the description that the dragon is a different gender? :mrgreen:

Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Yeah, seems like a breeding game is the wrong place to start up with that. Yikes. I don't think FR made breeding mechanics with an eye to oppressing people who are non-binary, trans, etc. It just happens to be how breeding normally works in nature. I'd support a gender change scroll, if certain restrictions were applied to keep it from messing up lineages. If lizards and clownfish can, why can't a dragon? Life..uh...finds a way, after all. I'd support a genderless scroll as well, but that would need to also make the dragon sterile, imo. And I'd like the option for sterile dragons, anyway. I guess some people RP their dragons to be basically human, though, so maybe that's part of this? I dunno.But if that's the case, is breeding humans a really um....appropriate pastime? :lol:
Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

I'm still trying to get used to the new lair thing. So far I just can't. :( I organized, but now I have no idea how many slots I have open, and I want to have some special ones on my main page, but the ones I might pick fit better into the sorted tabs they are in.....argh.
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Yeah, I thought I liked it at first. But, I just don't. I don't like how it looks. It's all spaced out, weirdly proportioned, overly padded. At first glance, it looks like I have lair full of yellow food bars, and pink hearts, with small dragon icons that look oddly out of place. I didn't know I was playing a bar breeding game?
And the functionality really isn't so great. It's oddly confusing, and I can't afford tabs or more hibernal den space. Just...meh. I want the old lairs back.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:the TL;DR is that someone was arguing for the complete removal of gender in FR, allowing all dragons to breed with all other dragons. They supported their stance by bringing intersex people into the equation, which personally makes my hackles rise because I've read a lot of opinions by intersex folks saying that they absolutely Do Not want to be used as an example for this kind of issue.

I can totally back the idea of a "gender removal" scroll or what have you (that removes their gender symbol but keeps the mechanics the same), but everyone I've met who's trans, agender, etc (myself included!) just flat out ignore the gender symbol in the first place. :lol: It's made even easier to do now that they're so hard to see on the lair page!
This is not the first time someones tried this right? Or am I making things up in my head?
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Nope, not at all the first time! I think they crop up pretty regularly. FR is blessed with a very, very big LGBTQA+ community, but as with all communities, sometimes the slightly over-zealous ones have the loudest mouths. On FR that can happen a lot.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

A note: The lair revamp’s focus was to improve usability and address player feedback on how the lair works. Revamping the infrastructure for how dragons are organized allowed us to create a foundation for potential improvements, updates, and customization options in the future. Adding additional dragon storage slots to the lair was not a part of this project’s goal.

We understand this won't be viewed as a popular decision for some of you, and that you may be feeling discouraged. We also understand that it seems like it would be easy to just tack more lair space on at the same time we deploy the revamp, but to put it simply: it’s not. Adding additional lair space affects small and large lairs in non-uniform ways due to how the energy/hunger mechanic works. We need to allow the addition of the Hibernal Den to have time to breathe before we revisit that discussion internally. So while we don’t have any current plans for additional regular lair space, we are monitoring how the Hibernal Den complements current gameplay styles. We encourage everyone to spend some time with the added capacity for awhile and provide us feedback once things have settled a bit mor
As feared the admins of fr seem the Hibernal Den as the answer to more lairspace. This utterly suxs. . I hate how they kinda tell us to use the Hibernal Den. No. I don't want to. I want to interact with my dragons. I still rather have my extra dragons at hubbys lair where they can be bred than have them locked up. No. Figure out a way to solve the mechanics. .

So outraged by this.

Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

They honestly need to rethink the food/energy mechanic. It makes it so hard to get back into and stick with the game and I'm tired of always running out of food.
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Just feeling very "meh" about Flight Rising since the lair changes. I haven't been wanting to play, since I don't like looking at my lair anymore. And now my dragons energy is dropping and I'm out of food and have like 4k treasure, less than 100 gems and absolutely no motivation to do anything about this. It's so hard to re-feed a lair after they go hungry and you're broke. And for what? A game that looks like I'm breeding giant yellow bars and huge pink hearts, with tiny dragons just randomly next to them? Bleh. I think I'm just done for a while.
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

There's something I don't understand... FR it's been around for about... 3-4 years now? And they're STILL going down at 12am pst for maintenance for about a half an hour? When the site first came around I kind of understood, but I honestly don't understand why they STILL have to go down for reset after several years.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Tried to edit my scry post here. Pressede delete instead. .. don't play with threads when on mobile. .sigh

Zhuge
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Kul'Tiras (EU)

Unread post by Zhuge »

GRRRRRRRR so far three of my project pairs that I've regened or waited FOREVER for breeding CD have produced 1 egg nests >:( Two were mixed breeds >:( Get it together dragons! >:(

Click to enter my lair

Zakarya on Flight Rising

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I really, really shouldn't be annoyed by this, but I am, just a little?

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2644828
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

They made a subspicies from a hatchling of your Pair which in itself is a subspicies? ??