LF Advice Thread

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Re: LF Advice Thread

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I wouldn't try to rush it. Just spend time with your dragons, and see if you notice any trends as you acquire new ones.

...most of my lore is complete headcanon, so I keep it to myself :)
Death_Dino420
Petopia Artist
Realm: Emerald Dream, Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Death_Dino420 »

I kinda like that Tarn :) I'll think about it
And thanks Gorman.

Lovely signature by the great Ashaine!!
Flight Rising | Deviantart | Toyhou.se

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Looking on some advice on how to gene this boy - he can be the breed he is, or a spiral, snapper or ridgieback :)

This is his mate so I would prefer non gem genes for him :D

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

ImageImage
I like good color contrast in a Spiral, and the Ridgeback goes especially well with thylacine.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Thanks for your suggestions . Im not too crazy about thylacine ;)

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

How about Capsule/Vipera/Safari? :0

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

hmmm not bad!!! I really liked capsule myself but then again I have soooo many capsule dragons :P its my most common tert gene beside glimmer i think :P

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Firefly Forest:
ImageorImage

I was originally thinking of bee (so pretty), but I'm leaning more toward freckle now. I don't think bee is dark enough, and I do like freckle.
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I actually really like freckle. She's so pretty either way
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Bee would net you better sales on the babies, but it sounds like you may prefer freckle for your theme.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Is there a market for Fae firefly forests? I don't honestly think they are the best breed for the subspecies--I just wanted one for my Fae army :)

And it's not that I have a dark overall theme, I just think this subspecies looks best with dark primary and secondary, to evoke evening and emphasize the bright yellow.

Yeah, I've talked myself into freckle :)
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

It is best to gene what you like the best.. babies rarely sell so gene what YOU like the look of :D

Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Kirrandria »

A bit late to this but! Out of all of those breeds, I'd be most likely to pick Spiral (and it matches her!)
I thought he looks pretty good with Tapir/Spinner, since both genes on those colors add a black accent color. I couldn't get Maize to look good with them, though, except for Capsule, but that got rid of a good portion of the black color in Tapir sadly :(
Maybe with spines?

On the Firefly Forest I agree freckle looks great. It makes me think of leaves on trees!

So I've been suuuuuper slow in acquiring new dragons, but I finally, finally picked up a pair after I saw a pretty hatchling here on petopia :) And then I had to search around for a mate for her, and now I think I'm going to call their eventually offspring "Mint-er Winds" babies xD I've come up with a tiny bit of lore/backstory for them even, but for the life of me I
1) Cannot think of good names for them and
2) Can't decide on good familiars for them
I want names and familiar that match their story/personality, but in the case of the familiar also match their colors decently well.

ImageImage

He is supposed to be a noble among a rather tyrannical family, but the family got overthrown by angry folk some time ago. He's been on the run since, he eventually wants to try and reclaim his home and rule again (Or just rule somewhere else). He's proud, has a bit of a superiority complex... He acts a bit coldly and strict, but is kinder than most the rest of his family was (even if he doesn't show it). He understands why his family was overthrown, and wants to try and do better than they did.
She was born in the forests between the Hewn City and the border of Shadow and Light. She may have light eyes but she has a trickster Shadow's soul. She uses her elemental history of truth-seeking Light to trick other dragons into thinking she's a legit fortune-teller. She's really just a con. Occasionally she'll bribe or coerce real fortune-telling dragons among her circle to find actual answers, and give those to her customers for a number of reasons. It's harder to find her out if a portion of what she says is true, she's helps truly desperate dragons, and she still makes a fortune!
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

GormanGhaste - I don't know if there is a market. It's a pretty new subspecies, so you might find people looking for one. I'd post to the thread if you decide to breed them. And yeah, fae might not be the best, per se, since the runes are small, but, she still looks awesome. She's like a little firefly herself, instead of the entire forest! I agree about the dark colors. I may end up having 2 pairs, and if so, one is going to be a bit paler than I'd like, and therefore doesn't look as "foresty". But, oh well. Still pretty.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Thanks Teigan.

Kirrandria:
Mistral, male name that means "masterful" or "cold wind"
Lucretia, female name that means "profit"
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Kirrandria - Uhhh i did not know tapir looks so good on a spiral! Thank you for that suggestion! Your triple Robin boy could be called Heimdal. The name Heimdal originated as an Norwegian name. The name Heimdal is most often used as a boy name or male name. In Norwegian, the name Heimdal means -guardian of bifrost. As familiars i can suggest these:

Image Image Image Image Image Image

For your girl I would suggest Shako. The name Shako originated as an American name. The name Shako is most often used as a girl name or female name. In American, the name Shako means - mint. For familiars I would suggest these:

Image Image Image Image Image

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

My lair puzle is sooo hard to get to go up.. I think these two can be a pair.. but which breed/genes would fit them? Im not too fond of Skydancer´s males so I prob would look for another breed for him but anything goes. Let me see what you come up with for this pair :D I do want them to share breeding cd... so have that in mind when suggesting breeds for both :)

Image Image

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Haha, I'm so bad at this:
ImageImage
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I appriciate every input :) :hug: it is fun to see what ppl come up with :). I have not even considered stained so nice with fresh ideas :)

Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Kirrandria »

NotN is coming up, so some Nocturne scrolls might not be too difficult to obtain. He looks pretty good as one!

Red has that green accent in a few genes that I think matches Eldritch's green tone really well, and while I admit it does make him look a bit like a Christmas dragon, he ALSO looks like he's glowing with toxin!

Ty too Tårnfalk and GormanGhaste! I think Mistral is the perfect name for the boy, and I totally forgot about the last round of NotN familiars existing, and that balloon/lantern familiar fits her rather well. I think I might be farming the Coli in hunt for more familiars now!