LF Advice Thread

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Re: LF Advice Thread

Unread post by Syleye »

AcidAnne no worries, I think GormanGhaste and I get along pretty darn good. Because they are awesome like that :hug:

AcadiAnne
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Classic Alliance/ Retail Alliance and Horde

Unread post by AcadiAnne »

Are uniquely colored dragons more valuable? I just picked up this XYX girl and thanks to a post in the "Show Your Dragons" thread realized she's the only non-exalted dragon with these colors (and she has faceted eyes, but my understanding is that only primal eyes add value).

So, do unique colors make a dragon more valuable, or is that just a neat factoid about a dragon?

Also, is there a reason why Terracotta/ Terracotta/ Obsidian colored dragons are so expensive? Was that combo part of a trend a while back or something?
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

I personally would not pay extra for a unique color combo. I had no idea terracotta/terracotta/obs were expensive lol but maybe its because the accent colors match and terracotta is one of the "newer " colors?

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I have some uniquely colored dragons like Daoloth. It gives them more sentimental value to me, but probably not much on the open market, though there are people who like to collect them. There are just so many color combos, that unique ones actually aren't as rare as one might think.

terra/terra/obs? *looks up on AH* oh, those are pretty! sometimes a very polite message with an offer at a lower price will work.
AcadiAnne
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

This is an odd question. I’m trying to come up with lore for my dragons, and I have 6 wasp Faes. I’m intrigued with the Hivemind subspecies, and came up with the idea that my wasp Faes are rejects stolen from a local Hivemind hive as hatchlings when they were sent away from the hive to be executed (they have defective colors, Primal eyes, tertiary genes, etc) that slowly gain personalities. I think this would work given the Fae breed’s natural monotone speech patterns, their removal as hatchlings, and their defects preventing them from being fully integrated.

5/6 are not rescues, at all. One is the very generous gift from Gormanghaste and the other four are intentional, well-above fodder price purchases. Would it be offensive to call them rescues in their lore should their original owners check in on them? Should I add disclaimers that references to “rescue” are being used for lore purposes only? Or am I over-thinking things?
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

These are questions best answered by someone other than me, as I haven't really gotten into the lore side of FR. I just wanted to reassure you that I personally don't mind whatever lore you come up with for one of my hatchlings.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Prob overthinking. I never consider fr lore when I write :)

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

AcadiAnne
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

I picked up a Naomi G5 for 25g. She's a Naomi clone fail (right primary and secondary colors, wrong tertiary color). I already have a male that has similar genes and is close enough to her colors that I could occasionally get the correct primary and secondary colors for G6's close to Naomi's colors, but would never have the correct tertiary color for a true clone. Should I keep things simple and stick with the male I already have, or wait and search for a suitable male (G1 or a G5 from a different line) that would probably be expensive in the hopes of getting clones? Some people advertise their G6's for way more than I paid for my G5.

This is my new Naomi girl and the male I already have:
ImageImage
Any advice appreciated. Just because people ask more for their G6's doesn't mean they're getting those prices, but it would be nice to make a good profit on her offspring. In any case, the offspring would never have the correct eyes (I don't like the idea of renting nests). Thanks!
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Nice find. I have a couple of Naomi's but I have zero idea how to make any dragon cash by breeding them :)
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

GormanGhaste wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:36 am Nice find. I have a couple of Naomi's but I have zero idea how to make any dragon cash by breeding them :)
same here.. i dont dabble in the Naomi offspring thing...

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Just rewrote my lore.. does it sound too weird.. too many spelling mistakes? I am no great writer.. let me know. Might write more chapters dont know

https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ba ... t_36634633

I wish I could write like Varethyn :hug:

Also kinda wanna rename all my dragons ..Silly to have names after their proffesion :?:

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Need a good matching names for my upcoming bogsneaks

Image Image

I was going for Floyd & Janice from the Muppet show then they could be singers as well as having a puppet reference but need more input

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I like it. The only puppet couple that sprang to my mind is Jen and Kira from the Dark Crystal.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Heh I dont know that one so prolly not going to pick that but thank you so much for the suggestion. Other option were Wayne & Wanda - also muppet show

Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

If you don't want specific names, you could just got with Muppet and Puppet.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Hmm maybe! Still a looong way to go before they are done so got some time to ponder
I kinda like the name Marionette too

AcadiAnne
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Kermit and something along the lines of PiggyLee or Pigathius (Miss Piggy’s “real” names)?
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I never really liked mrs. piggy.... shes a bit too violent and selfish for my liking :P

might not go with the puppet theme.. I think to wait and see what feel I get once they are dressed

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Not being a native speaker does the phrase " A scent of history" make sense or is it just gibberish? Would "Scent of Nostalgia" be better? or something related to memory?

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

hmm...scent of antiquity?