Seasonal Event - Trick or Treat!

Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Silver Hand (H) Scarlet Crusade (A)

Seasonal Event - Trick or Treat!

Unread post by Ashaine »

I know some people in the FR community run seasonal events and I thought it might be a fun idea to run some with just our little group here on Petopia! ♥

So without further ado, let's Trick or Treat!

______________________________________Image______________________________________

"How do you play?"

First, pick a dragon from your lair and dress it up for the holiday!
It can be a Ghost, Witch, Skeleton, whatever you desire!
This dragon will be your trick-o-treater going out to visit your fellow Petopian's lairs!
After you’ve dressed your dragon, it's time to write a little story/role-play.
The length is completely up to you, but the more interesting it is, the likelier you’ll get better responses!
You will then send this short story/greeting in a private message to fellow Petopians, (but only if they have selected to participate here!)
Your treat-or-treating dragon must end the message by saying “Trick-O-Treat”!

---

EXAMPLE OF A TRICK-OR-TREAT PM:

There is a cold rush of wind and rustling of leaves outside the entrance of your lair. In the middle of the disturbance hovers a small fae dragon garbed in ghostly attire.
He bows as you approach. "Trick or Treat!" He calls out, flashing a warm smile and holding out an open bag.
(Items given are attached to the outgoing PM).

---

Second, pick another dragon from your lair and dress it up as well.
This dragon will be your gift-giver that greets the trick-o-treaters at the entrance of your lair!
This greeter must be the one featured in your reply to the trick-o-treater's private message!
This dragon will be the one handing out whatever 'treats' you decide to give the trick-o-treater.

---

EXAMPLE OF A REPLY PM:

CaptKevMichaels makes his way to the entrance of his lair and eyes the ghastly fae with curiosity.
"So you've come seeking treats in our little corner of the Wyrmwound? You are quite brave to do so! I think that's worthy of a treat!"
He chuckles and tosses a few items into Dementor's open bag. "Enjoy!"

---

THE RULES

I highly doubt this needs to be said to anyone here, but please be polite. The goal is to make others happy and to have fun!
You can offer anything as a gift to your fellow trick-o-treater: Items, Familiars, Treasure/Gems, Dragons, etc. It is entirely up to you!*
* Please, however, read the participating person's list of items that are not wanted before gifting.
No repeat trick-o-treating. This should be an obvious rule, but please don't trick-o-treat the same person twice.
This event will end at roll-over on October 31st.

"How Do I Particpate?"

Easy! Copy and paste this code to sign up on this forum to let your fellow Petopians know that you are participating!

FR Username:
Post your FR user name here
Trick-or-treating Dragon: Post the name and code/image of your dragon here and tell us what they are dressed as.
Gift-giver Dragon: Post the name and code/image of your dragon here and tell us what they are dressed as.
Wish List/Wants: Optional. You can list items you are really wanting. (Please don't only list retired/hard to get items).
Does Not Want: Optional. If you really don't want something (like dragons if your lair is full), please post it here.
History: Who did you treat, and who treated you? You don't have to use this, but it might help you keep track better.

______________________________________Image______________________________________

Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Re: Seasonal Event - Trick or Treat!

Unread post by Ashaine »

I'll start us off...

FR Username: Faileas

Trick-or-treating Dragon: Dementor (dressed as a Spirit/Specter):

Gift-giver Dragon: CaptKevMichaels (dressed as a Pirate):

Wish List/Wants: Any familiars I don't already have. Unhatched eggs. Skeletal Chimes, Raven Sylvan Apparel, Bloodscale Armor, Black Wolf Cape, Red Birdskull Apparel, Crown of Bones, Ebony Antlers, Onyx Roundhorn, Raider's Fur Legwraps, Raider's Fur Armwraps, Scarlet Wooly Coat, Scarlet Wooly Tail, Black Wooly Coat, Black Wooly Tail, Inkwell Feathered Wings, Inkwell Tail Feathers, Crimson Feathered Wings, Crimson Tail Feathers, Crimson Silks. Really though, anything plague-y. ♥

Does Not Want: Non-G1 dragons.

History: Treated: Tårnfalk, Jurz, Peridot, Varethyn, and Falconcrest. Visited: Tårnfalk, Jurz, Peridot, Varethyn, Falconcrest, and zedxrgal.

Ashaine Silverfel - <Dreadblade Assassins> - Silver Hand US - Faileas#1676
Deviantart | Facebook | Signature Shop | Flight Rising
"Not all who wander are lost."

Guildmaster • Hunter-Friendly RP Guild • Always Recruiting! • PM me!

zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I'd love to do this. Will have to wait till I'm on my laptop though

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

This dragon will be your trick-o-treater going out to visit your fellow Petopian's lairs!
Does this mean that my dragon will go via cross road to the lair? or simply just the dragon who writes the msg :D - As i see it he is my trickster? So he visit other lairs and tirck them and then they have to treat me?

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ashaine »

Tårnfalk wrote:
Does this mean that my dragon will go via cross road to the lair? or simply just the dragon who writes the msg :D - As i see it he is my trickster? So he visit other lairs and tirck them and then they have to treat me?
No. You're not sending any dragons anywhere. ;) You are simply writing a little story with your trick-o-treating dragon's image posted in the message as a PM to the person you wish to trick-or-treat.

Quick Example of a trick-or-treat PM:

There is a cold rush of wind and rustling of leaves outside the entrance of your lair. In the middle of the disturbance hovers a small fae dragon garbed in ghostly attire. He bows as you approach. "Trick or Treat!" He calls out, flashing a warm smile and holding out an open bag.

---

Quick Example of a replying PM:

CaptKevMichaels makes his way to the entrance of his lair and eyes the ghastly fae with curiosity. "So you've come seeking treats in our little corner of the Wyrmwound? You are quite brave to do so! I think that's worthy of a treat!" He chuckles and tosses a few items into Dementor's open bag. "Enjoy!"

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Ahh now it makes sense. Ill post my dragons tomorrow then :-D

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ashaine »

Tårnfalk wrote:Ahh now it makes sense. Ill post my dragons tomorrow then :-D
Glad to help! Sorry if my description was confusing. I hope that clarified things! I added those examples to the original post as well! :D :hug:

Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

I'm not feeling well but i'd like to give this a try. :)

-----

FR Username: Tazmily
Trick-or-treating Dragon: Hanako (dressed as a Paladin:) Image

Gift-giver Dragon: My mascot, Cerue (dressed as a Druidess:) Image

Wish List/Wants: Gems. Treasure. Any familiars I don't have yet. Solar Blades, Will o' the Ember, any silk apparel (crimson especially), any sylvan apparel, Skeletal Chimes, Gloomwillow Guide, any flourish apparel, any teardrop apparel, Summer Swelter, Autumn Breeze, Spring's Breath, Winter Wind, any flowerfalls. ♥

Does Not Want: Dragons. I have limited lair space due to an important multi-step breeding project I'm doing to recover a dream dragon I once had.

History: Treated: Taarnfalk, Draek, Werewolf, Vare, and Faileas. Visited: Taarnfalk, Faileas, Werewolf, Pyroclastic, Varethyn, and Draek.
Last edited by Falcon on Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:34 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

FR Username: Taarnfalk

Trick-or-treating Dragon: Sugar - dressed as a zombie

Gift-giver Dragon: Cyrus- dressed as a samurai

Wish List/Wants: Gems. Treasure. Any familiars I don't have yet. Any apparel. White slime, Black slime, Gold Muck, Imbued Sulfur. Bogsneak Scrolls. Scatter scrolls.

Does Not Want: Dragons.

History:

Visited : Ashaine, Falconcrest, zedxrgal, Peridot, Varethyn, Jurz

Falconcrest treated Sugar :D

Werewolf treated Sugar :D

Jurz treated sugar (I took the items before remember to take a screenshot.. doh)

Varethyn treated Sugar :D

Ashaine treated Sugar :D

zedxrgal treated Sugar :D
Last edited by Ana on Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:27 pm, edited 5 times in total.

zedxrgal

FR Username: Pyroclastic

Trick-or-treating Dragon: Red Baron - Dressed as himself?

Gift-giver Dragon: Hallowed - Phantasmal Mage Side note: Conjure is going to be really angry when he finds his clothes missing.

Wish List/Wants: Unhatched eggs. Familiars I don't have. Apparel, especially Swipp /Baldwin stuff. Scatter scrolls.

Does Not Want: Dragons. Sorry but I have a full lair.

History: Taarnfalk, Tazmily, Draek, Varethyn and Faileas

Edit: I sent something really small. It's not much but from the heart. Sorry I had to back out.
Last edited by zedxrgal on Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

I'll play! ^^

FR Username: Werewolf

Trick-or-treating Dragon: Thistle, as a werewolf! hehe =^^=

Gift-giver Dragon: Hana, dressed up as a witch!

Wish List/Wants: Treasure, familiars, festival currency, apparels, I'm not picky.
Does Not Want: I'd prefer no dragons or materials. ^^

History: Treat for Tarn, Treat for Falconcrest/Tazmily
Last edited by Arthur on Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

This looks fun so I spent a good deal of time throwing apparel at a couple of dragons and called them costumes \o/
I will warn though that I've been all over the place in regards to FR so I might take a while to reply to/visit anyone :'3 Sorry.

FR Username: Varethyn

Trick-or-Treater: Snodgrass (dressed as a werewolf)

Gift-giver: Nekra (dressed as a necromancer/bone witch)

Wish List/Wants: Familiars I don't yet have, apparel (particularly sylvan sets, wolf capes and previous festival pieces), treasure/gems, Baldwin mats, bogsneak scrolls, accents/skincents
Does Not Want: Dragons (I still have no idea what I'm doing with my lair D: ), vistas
History:
Tricked: Everyone here so far
Treated: Tarn, Jurz, Falcon
Last edited by Varethyn on Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Scryers, Earthern Ring, Feathermoon

Unread post by Jurz »

FR Username: Draek

Trick-or-treating Dragon: Luna here is dressed as a knight!

Gift-giver Dragon: Snowbelle here is dressed as a druid!

Wish List/Wants: The easiest things to get would probably be familiars I don't have :) But I'd also like a Skink gene, Tox gene, and SD scroll if you're feeling generous ;) Gems or treasure work too! Of course I'd love some apparel too, anything blue, wolf pelts, capes, and I really want a lion pelt even though I have no idea who'd wear it haha Also, Baldwin mats, I'm so close to being able to make my own Skink gene and there are plenty of other things I need to make!

Does Not Want: Food, my lair isn't that big. No dragons unless you KNOW I will love it (I LOVE the green-blue range, I especially love doubles XXY or XYY, and would love a tri aqua and a tri robin one day haha)

History: I still have Ash to treat (sorry ^^;) and I think I've gotten everyone else BUT LET ME KNOW IF I'VE MISSED YOU and thank you so much everyone who has gifted me :)

I might be a bit slow to respond, school and work keep me busy and now I'm coming down with something so I'll probably be resting during my downtime
Last edited by Jurz on Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sig drawn by the amazing Lupis! and avatar drawn by the wonderful Senna!

zedxrgal

Hi all. Just logged in real quick to say I have not forgotten about this you sending treats. I've just been very very sick. I hope to get to these today or tomorrow. :hug:

Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ashaine »

It's quite alright Zed! IRL always comes first! Take care of yourself and get feeling better. :hug: :D
I just now finally had the time to give out treats and send my dragon out to visit the lairs. But I've truly enjoyed reading everyone's role-played posts. They've been amazing! ♥
If this goes over well, I'm thinking of doing another gifting event for the winter holiday. Maybe a secret santa/secret gifter event. :D

zedxrgal

It breaks my heart to say I am going to have to back out of this now due to real life issues. :cry:
I'm so sorry

Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Scryers, Earthern Ring, Feathermoon

Unread post by Jurz »

I'll send out treats soon ^^ Sorry guys, been recovering from this awful cold

Sig drawn by the amazing Lupis! and avatar drawn by the wonderful Senna!