Winds of Change (Pinkerlocke)

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Winds of Change (Pinkerlocke)

Unread post by Lupis »

DANGIT RNG oh, god, what horrible timing for Isuara to die. Right after she had thought she'd maybe found her charge somewhere in her new clan, and right after she thought she'd done a good thing... or was starting to doubt it.

This poor clan. ;_;

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

Day 80

Chapter 21

It was late, the sun long since sunken behind the hills. Dark shadows grew from every rock, every tree, every thing that stood in the fleeting light's path as the final beams followed the life-giving fire orb. The rain had stopped, the the river had grown substantially during the downpour; should it begin to rain again it would eventually flood the valley entirely. With the weather fronts waging war this could happen at any moment. Even now it was hard to tell if the distant rumblings were that of thunder or simply the giant pohips bellowing.

A few hours ago, after Noelani and Whisper had returned from their personal time, the small group of dragons had sat down around a fire that Isaura had kindly lit for them. More for light than for heat with the warm winds causing temperatures to slowly rise. Gathered as such they took it in turns to discuss the risks of staying in this cave, agreeing that, while it was fertile land with great amounts of sustenance for any breed of dragon and proved suitable to dig and expand, the river would soon flush them out. The Windswept Plateau was not designed for this much rain in general let alone these low-laying areas.

The question then was, where do we go? There was that fishing village atop the cliffs a few miles back. An easy flight even in keeping slow for Vunguza to follow. No doubt there were other settlements like it dotted around, too. Not every Windborne lived in the sky. As much as Ilmatar yearned to return to the heights her old clan had reached.

Since the “return” of “Makani” the Coatl had settled down somewhat, a glimpse of her true self beginning to show through the hysteria. The adventurous runaway seeking to make her own way in life. The rebel who could not care for the responsibilities meant to have been passed to her. Something had clicked. Something had reignited that passion like the Guardian could ignite a pile of dried twigs. They couldn't stay. They had to move, find new ground. She had to move, find new excitement.

Until it was suggested they made their way to the Wind Whistlers at least for shelter until an opportunity presented itself. That made the feathery dragon dig her claws in, fervently shaking her head. It was with good reason she'd left that life behind. Why go back? Why show her face after all this time, be berated for leaving, likely be handed the clan's reins and be expected to run the floating tourist trap?

Isaura had turned to Vunguza, asking if the Snapper had seen any dens or villages or anything in his final vision, to which he shook his head sadly. It wasn't clear what his vision meant, largely in part to it being fuzzy and unfocused from his ordeals. What was certain was that they were travelling a wild expanse of sorts with no signs of dragonkind.

After a few heated minutes of arguing over where to go the group agreed to disagree for the night in order to get a decent rest. Matar was coiled around the blanket heap within which not-Makani slept, mask slipping from her minty-blue head. Anvindr was tucked up in his hole in the wall. An odd smell seeped from the crack, giving away that he'd been working on making some more potions for when they set out. Whisper and Noelani were bundled together; her head over his tail, his head over her back. Vunguza had taken his usual place by the entrance, less sleeping and more in a meditative trance.

The only one not asleep or resting in some way was Isaura. Tossing this way, rolling back the other, laying on her back with limbs askew. Nothing worked. In the back of her mind was this constant itch, this constant feeling that her Charge was nearby. Yet she couldn't place it. No matter where she went it was always there. Out of sight. Out of reach.

With a soft sigh the Fireborne Guardian righted herself, lifting her bulk on her thick legs and carefully padded out of the cave. For a small moment she feared she'd disturbed Guz; as it was he had simply shifted slightly. Despite this she could not help but feel eyes on her. A quiet snort escaped her nostrils as Sora continued into the night air. Still the feeling remained. As if all that was needed was to reach out and take it. Scales rattled as she shook herself, then turned to make her way to the slope.

It had been some time since the storm ended but it had left everything soaked through. Deep imprints in the sodden ground followed by a swishing groove marked the path the Guardian had taken. Not up the treacherous slope however. By this point it was proving too difficult to climb. Instead a large scrape at the bottom and sharp scratches at the top suggested she had chosen to leap, with the help of her wings, in order to bypass the obstacle and almost missing the landing. From there they led in an altogether different direction to those often taken during their stay here.

With no plan in mind, no specific target or intent to go far Isaura simply wandered. And as she wandered, so did her mind. Thoughts of stories of other Guardians' Charges she'd heard while under the care of her foster mother. How silly some had been, how heart-warming others had been. A gap in the clouds briefly let through a beam of moonlight, illuminating the crimson dragon in her own personal spotlight before vanishing behind another grey-blue curtain. It made her think of one particular story where a male Guardian had also had difficulty finding his Charge. He'd searched and searched to no avail, claiming to have only sensed it at night. It took weeks for him to realise his Charge was the stars in the sky and would then take to counting as many as he could each night, despairing whenever they were blocked out by clouds.

Isaura wondered if that was her Charge too, perking up and waiting for the next window to open. She sat at the lip of the cliff and watched, waited. Eventually the clouds parted and let the crescent moon glow once again. Until they were once more covered Sora quickly picked out as many stars as she could. Nothing. Nothing fit. Every part of her deflated with disappointment.

Of course it's not the stars. she berated herself miserably. You would have felt something every night if it was. Or the moon. Or sun. Clouds, birds, the sky itself. You would have known. With a sniffle she flopped heavily on the dew-laden grass. But then... what is it? A small, steady stream of smoke left her flared nostrils as she fought back tears of frustration.

“Oh so it's you who's been causing things to warm up, is it?” Isaura's head shot up in surprise at the voice, orange eyes darting around until they fell upon the other red dragon of their little group. Matar grinned back in amusement. “Next time I should bring the kettle.”

Nonsensical sputtering was the first thing the Guardian managed, recovering from the shock. “Matar, what are you doing up here? Did... did you follow me?”

The mischievous grin subsided into a softer smile as the Coatl hopped forward on three legs, one forearm carrying a small figure wrapped in a thin blanket. And the mask, Sora realised with a pang of worry, was missing. “I couldn't sleep either. Too warm. Not helped with everyone being basically crammed in there at this point.” Matar sat herself down next to Sora after a show of shaking out her slightly ruffled wings. “I just happened to notice you headed out this way. You don't mind me joining you, do you?”

Isaura blinked a few times. “Yeah. I mean no. Not at all. I don't mind.” Growling at herself for her momentary stupidity the Guardian then lay her head back on her paws. “I was just... hoping to notice my Charge out here. Someone I heard about had the stars be theirs. I... thought maybe it was the same for me.” A long, whip-like tail lashed the wet grass. “But I was wrong.”

“Someone's Charge was the stars?” Ilmatar snorted in disbelief.

“Yup.” Sora nodded. “He'd spend every night counting them. And he hated cloudy days cos he couldn't see them.”

“That must have been something.”

The Guardian shrugged her massive shoulders. “Better than being tortured like this.”

“Hey now.” Ilmatar lay a scaled paw on Sora's foreleg. “It's only been a few days. It'll show up.”

“But it's right here!” Sora wailed, rising to her haunches and slamming the ground with her front paws causing Matar to shy back out of fear of being squashed. “It feels like it's right in front of me all the time. No matter where I go. It's like it's following me, or leading me somewhere, out of sight. Is my Charge a bug or something?!”

Ilmatar flicked her long, forked tongue, perturbed by the outcry. “Whatever it is, it'll show itself sooner or later. But I can certainly tell you right now that throwing a tantrum isn't going to help anyone.” At that she settled back down and began to slowly rock the bundle in her arms.

“Sorry...” Sora replied, flopping down again as well. “It's just so... so... Ugh!” She clenched her hands tightly. Taking in a breath the Guardian turned her attention to the hatchling. “So, um... how's M-Maki doing?” It was impossible to look her companion in the eye when saying that, finding herself swinging her neck away as she spoke.

“Sora. I know this isn't Makani.”

Once again Isaura snapped her head around. “You... do?” She gulped, a lump forming in her throat. “I-I-I mean, what are you talking about?” she babbled nervously. “T-that's clearly-”

“Sora.” Ilmatar repeated firmly. “I know. It's... kind of obvious, don't you think?” Unravelling the blanket a little the Coatl lifted the tiny, sleeping Ridgeback for Isaura to see. “I could tell even with the mask you gave her.”

The great, frilled head drooped with guilt. “I'm sorry. It was my idea. We... we were all so worried about you since... The way you acted when Maki... when he...”

Silence fell between them, neither dragon quite sure what else to say. For a few long moments the only sounds were of the wind tussling the leaves of the trees overhead and the ripples and gurgles of the furious river below them.

It was Ilmatar who spoke first. “Could... could you tell me where Maki is now? Was he... buried properly?”

Isaura bit her lip. “I'm sorry, I don't know. No one does. Except maybe Vin? He's been acting weird since Maki disappeared.”

“I see.”

Once more the sound of dancing branches and fast flowing water dominated the night air.

“Well then, would you mind telling me about this hatchling? Where she came from?”

After a thoughtful pause to recall the flurry of the previous day's events Isaura explained everything. How everyone left because they felt bad for Matar and didn't know how to handle it. How she had only barely noticed the egg snagged in the net Matar had set up in her, as Sora carefully worded it, “moment of not-completely-there-ness”. How she and Vin managed to coax Vunguza to help them bring the net close with his magic to retrieve the egg and noticed it was damaged. How she had broken the egg open to save the hatchling. And how she had thought it a good idea to substitute Makani with the Ridgeback in the hopes of both calming Ilmatar and giving the baby a safe place to recover.

Feathered crest lowered Ilmatar took in every word. The mention of her “not-completely-there-ness” made her snort at the absurdity, both of the term and her own actions. It honestly had been as if she'd been half asleep, not quite experiencing the full aspect of life. Like a lucid dream, aware but refusing the truth. “It might not have been the best idea ever,” the Coatl spoke up once the Guardian had finished her piece, “but... I needed it. I needed something to make me realise what I was doing. There's just been so much death since I started this journey.” Here she gazed up at the billowing clouds, snatching the tiniest glimpse of star and moon. “It didn't feel real. Like I would wake up any moment in my bed back home. That none of this ever happened.” She snorted again. “As if anyone would believe I'd make a good mother.”

“I think you did a good job.” Isaura told Matar sincerely. “You looked after Maki this long. And me and Eurus when we joined. I bet you'll look after her too.”

Both of them looked down at the green-blue Ridgeback curled up in the blanket. “Thank you.” Matar said after a few seconds of consideration. “But we should find her real family. And at least give her a real name until then. I... I can't pretend she's Makani. It's wrong.”

“Yeah. You're right, it's not fair.” Sora agreed as she peered at the youngling in thought. And stared some more. And thought some more. Her brow furrowed. “I got nothing, sorry. I'm not good at this.”

With a small smile of appreciation Matar got to her feet, shaking out her thin fur. “We'll think of something.” Coiling her long tail into a spiral she turned back the way they'd come. “We should head back for now. Try and get some rest for tomorrow.”

“Right.” Isaura begrudgingly rose to her feet, wings rustling as she, too, shook herself out from where she'd been laying. “Still no idea where we're going?” she asked as they set off together.

“Wherever the wind takes us.” the Coatl replied wistfully. Anywhere that isn't my old clan. she added silently.

The next morning found the cave empty, a trail of varying paw prints leading upstream left in the mud. A fine drizzle filled the warm air, keeping the soil damp and grass slick with dew. When the terrain became harder to walk across without slipping, sliding or sinking a series of gouges and piles of mud pushed aside suggested the group, one by one, launched themselves up and over the hillside. A large groove from top to bottom insinuated that Vunguza had failed to reach the top, sliding the full way back down. It is unclear how he managed after, possibly Isaura or Whisper carried him.

It was from here that the tiny clan-in-the-making was forced to part ways with the rushing river, blocked by jagged steppes that would be far too dangerous to traverse even during the dry seasons. Furthermore, with the intense rain and climbing temperatures the bracken had gone berserk; growing out of control to the point it became night impossible to push through without taking injury. It was distressing as Ilmatar had hoped that in going this way they'd encounter the family who had lost their egg to the rapids, yet the overgrowth was guiding them around and away from the water.

A break in the clouds allowing the sunlight to light up the Plateau caused leaves to glow and blades of grass to shimmer as they swayed. Those not of Light descent had to shield their eyes from the glare as they crossed the plains. Suddenly Isaura stopped, thrashing her neck around, frantically searching for something.

“Isaura?” Anvindr called out, not long awoken from one of his sporadic naps and finding himself coiled on Vunguza's back. This in turn caused the Snapper to stop and turn, setting off a chain reaction with the other three members of the group. “Sora, what's wrong?” Vin snaked off of the Snapper's back and wound his way over to the agitated Guardian.

“It's stronger.” the great red dragon hissed between her teeth. “My Charge. But it's still... argh! I still can't place it!”

Ilmatar stepped forward, the tiny Ridgeback wrapped and tied securely between her wings. “Calm down. We need to take a break anyway. Let's find a dry spot and see if we can find something.”

“But it's all around!” Sora wailed, thumping her tail on the ground. “It's following me! How can I find something that's everywhere?”

“Calm down.” Matar repeated, flicking her tongue out to scent the damp air. Gesturing with a forearm the group, tailed by the reluctant Guardian, made their way to a sheltered copse, the intertwined branches forming a natural leafy umbrella.

As they picked out suitable spots to lay in Whisper had his eye locked on a shape a little away from them. He made a whistling sound to gain the attention of his groupmates, trilling in curiosity as he pointed with his snout at what he'd spotted.

“Whisper says there's someone over there.” Noelani translated, carefully watching the way her mate flicked his ears and whiskers. “Someone not moving. They might need help.”

With disgruntled grunts at having to get back up the seven of them padded to where the Imperial was staring intently, picking up the pace when it indeed turned out to be the body of a Pearlcatcher with stone-coloured hide like a snake and brilliant light-blue wings streaked with dark ripples. Still, unmoving. No breath, no twitching. Nothing. Whoever this was, they had lost their life not too long ago. Flies buzzed around and they were cold to the touch, though decay had not yet set in.

“Feels like someone watching me...” Sora mumbled, holding back a shiver of discomfort.

Without further conversation Noelani carefully picked over the corpse, trying to determine the cause of death. Flicking her gaze upwards at the steppes they'd bypassed and gauging the distance between the top and where the dragon now lay she decided the fool had attempted to climb and failed. Whisper joined in, placing a paw on the limp neck and feeling down over the spine and back. Wordlessly the Light pair agreed with one another, giving Matar a wary glance in doing so. He'd broken his neck in the rough landing, the pair worrying announcing it would open the Coatl's wounds and send her into madness again.

“It was quick.” Noelani said instead, bowing her head in respect. “We should take some details, in case we find his clan nearby, then give him a proper burial.”

Silently everyone nodded, Vin taking out some parchment and a slightly bent quill to jot down the information. Male Pearlcatcher, pearl cracked. Stone hide, viper pattern. Turquoise wings, rippled. Pinkish-red belly. Plagueborne. Adolescent. Cause of death: Fell from a great height due to unsafe conditions.

The group worked together to dig out a deep enough grave to best fit the deceased, but as Whisper moved to place him in the excavated hole Isaura suddenly jumped forward. “I... Let me do it. Please?” A rainbow of eyes turned to one another, confused, before allowing her to continue. “T-thanks...” As carefully as she could the Guardian took up the grey-brown body, slowly lowering him into the earth. Retracting her arms they all paused in silent respect of his passing, then began pushing the displaced earth over the body. All except Isaura, who held her gaze skyward. It took a gentle tap on her shoulder to break her out of the reverie, making her jump.

“Sorry.” Noelani apologised, although it was Whisper who had tapped her. “We wanted to make sure you were okay.”

Sora looked between the two, back to the sky, back to her friends. “It felt like someone leaving. I swear I heard someone say “thank you”.”

Taken aback the Wildclaw gestured to the Imperial to bring his head down. “You don't think her Charge is... that, do you?” she whispered low enough for Sora not to hear.

Whisper rumbled softly in confirmation.

“Um...?” the Guardian shuffled uncomfortably, waiting for them to explain.

“Another time.” Noelani said quickly, ending the topic before it could continue. With a flick of her tufted tail she led the way back to the copse. And that was that.

Sora watched as the others joined the cream dragon under the trees, feeling put out by the whisperings. They knew something she didn't, and she didn't like it. Heaving a defeated sigh she took one last look at the sky above before wandering over herself. Except she didn't join the rest of the group. She needed some space to think, the event just passed playing on her mind. The pull had lessened after it felt like the dead dragon had “left”, gone back to the same strength it had been prior to finding him. It had to be connected somehow, and now that she was sure Whisper and Noelani knew it only annoyed her more.

Shaking off the bags she had been carrying the crimson Guardian pulled one open to investigate the food she'd selected for herself. It wasn't much; what they'd had left had to be shared out between them with Noelani hogging the meat and the fish reserved for Matar and the Ridgeback baby. Anvindr had made good progress in catching insects for himself being so small and Snappers could go for days without needing to eat at all. That left the plants for her. A lot of it had spoiled in the humidity so she was surprised to see that there was still a decent amount left. Good, she felt like pigging out.

As she stuffed the leaves, fruits and vegetables accumulated into her maw Sora failed to notice the anomaly. The plant that shouldn't have been there. Grabbing a handful and devouring the lot the bloom of a peacevine plant fell to the ground beside her.

It didn't take long for the potent poison to take affect.

Sora, having had her fill and taking a moment to let it go down, decided to rejoin the others. However, her steps were uneven and she seemed to have great difficulty focusing. Unnatural shapes and colours started swimming across her vision as the world around her began to blur. That's when she saw it as a streak of a familiar colour passed by, her orange eyes following it into the void of green, grey and blue that was no longer grass, sky and cloud.

The shapes took form, if only for a second, flitting around her. Green and yellow. Grey and purple. Cream and gold. Brown and blue. They looked sort of like dragons. Dragons she knew. Or rather, had known.

“Wait...” she called, throat tightening. It was hard to breathe but she could see them. This was it, this is what everything had been leading to. The pulling sensation. Why it was all around, why it had been stronger only to fade.

She began to totter around like a drunk horse, unsteadily swaying from side to side, tongue lolling from her mouth, as she made her way towards a sight only she could see. Only faintly could she hear the voices of her friends behind her, unable to make out what they were saying. Should she check on them? No, they could look after themselves. Before her was something much more-

Everyone gasped, sprinting over to the Guardian as she fell heavily on her side, legs no longer able to support her bulk. "Sora? Sora!" Vin slapped the great red dragon's face, hoping to rouse her. Orange eyes wandered, unfocused, following something invisible. The massive chest heaved, convulsed. She spluttered, yet kept a serene smile.

"It was here... all along..." Isaura wheezed weakly, lifting a foreleg to reach out, pointed a finger as if playing with a fish. "So... beautiful..." In her eyes she saw the green and yellow wisp playing around her extended digit, tiny hands holding the tip comfortingly.

"Lassie, white'er ye can see ye need tae drop it.” Vunguza chimed in, voice shaky with concern. “There ain't nowt there and ye need tae rest like."

"No... I can... feel-" the Guardian sputtered again, exploding into a coughing fit that sprayed the grass before her with watery crimson flecks. "My... Charge..."

"Yes your Charge!” Ilmatar cried, trying in vain to lift the Guardian's head to look at her. “Think about your Charge! You're so close, you can't go yet!" The Coatl turned to, inadvertently, bark out the question at the others, “What the hell happened to her?!”

"Please, get up.” Noelani's voice was thick with grief, with guilt. “You need help." Above them Whisper hummed sorrowfully in his throat, followed by a whining sound that would seem pathetic to come from a dragon of his size had the situation been different.

"This... is... my Charge." Sora managed between large gulps of air. "Spirits... I... I think... I can see... Eurus... and Maki... and... Saira..." Her eyes rolled up under their lids as they closed. Death hadn't taken her yet but it was close. “...and the... the Pearlcatcher we buried... Wait... what is... your name...?”

“Spirits...?” Vunguza echoed in disbelief. “Ye can see the spirits o' the dead?”

Ilmatar placed both paws on Isaura's shoulder and shook as hard as she could. “Stop talking nonsense and get up!” Warm spots landed on and ran over the Guardian's smooth hide. “Please, get up!”

"They're... all here... I must... I... My Charge...”Another fit took her as foamy blood shot out from her throat. “I... watch over... the... spirits..." As her final breaths left she whispered, "I... protect... the dead... I just... needed... to... die..." With a last death rattle, smile of contentment still on her lips, Isaura the Fireborne fell still.

Next Chapter

The random PC scried for the story: Image
Last edited by Varethyn on Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Still working on the RP, might be tomorrow or so before I get it done depending on what happens tonight.

In the meantime, today's pull.

Day 81
A familiar! Whee!

I would like some feedback for this one based on what would be the most interesting addition to you guys: I have a Plague egg and a Water egg still to hatch, but would you rather see another adult dragon join in? It's always fun to see what comes out of eggs but having an adult ready to fight is very helpful, especially since Isaura's passing.

Speaking of Isaura: As always dragons are available to be adopted until they are pronounced dead in the RP. So if anyone would like to adopt her, let me know before I get yesterday's chapter up! You can find her link in the second post of this thread if you'd like to look at her and the rest of the team.
Last edited by Varethyn on Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

The party just got another hatchling so I vote on an adult joining :) I hope someone adopt Isaura. .seems like a waste to exalt a fully gened one dragon. .

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

I vote for an adult as well.
I would love to adopt her by the way :hug:

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Thank you for adopting her, Syleye! It's always great to see my dragons get a second chance in another lair. I know you'll take good care of her :hug:

And thank you both for the input! A new, random dragon shall join the party.

Rather than use Random.org this time I got my brother to tell me a number between 1 and 14, and he picked 6. That means Tundra! (I never noticed the list isn't in exact breed order, but this will do. I might fix it anyway though xP)

This is (or rather, will be) Ayaz!

And my personal gene idea

Funny story with this guy. As I went to buy him I was told the listing was no longer available. My own fault really as, for some reason, I'd decided to scry before buy. He'd been picked up by an exalting lair and had been named, but I decided rather than buy the next one in the list to try my luck and message the person first. To my surprise, they set up a private auction for him for the exact price they'd paid! There are nice people out there, just need to find them :hug:

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Wow, what a stunning new boy! I hope he does well and doesn't beef it immediately :,D

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

he is very pretty!! I love tundras :D

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Day 82
20-30 rounds in the coliseum.

Whisper was first to be rolled and since he, Meifeng and Ayaz were all lv1 they went through together as per my lowbie rule. Had to reroll the first fight a few times due to being outsped and critted but eventually they found their feet. So well in fact that I went over 30 rounds and got them all to lv5.
Last edited by Varethyn on Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Uhh nice!

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Syleye »

nice :)

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Day 83
A trinket! That means, in the case of this Pinkerlocke, a coin flip for art or a guest.

And it is:
Tails! That means I can invite a guest dragon in for the next chapter!

...problem being that I have no guests to invite! I will accept if anyone would like to offer someone up now but I'd prefer, unless a better solution comes up, that guests be requested at any point during the 'locke so that I can keep a list. That way I can roll the guest at the item pull. In this case I'll roll when the next material is pulled, or else just have a completely free day if nothing happens.
Last edited by Varethyn on Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I like the list idea!

What about a visit from a dentist?

Feel free to write whatever you want :). If I am to use /show it in her bio then my usual restrictions but it's not a demand. . You can just let your creativity flow ;)

Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Kirrandria »

Happy those three got into the swing of things in the coli. Ayaz is a gorgeous looking dragon, especially with those pale shadow eyes, and I can't wait to meet him!
Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Honestly I'm starting to consider removing the guest option. It was fun and I did enjoy writing for those who joined, but interest doesn't look too good any more. I of course appreciate that not everyone can post all the time which is why I preferred that dragons offered as guests be posted at any time rather than when rolled for, but when only one dragon is posted... kinda takes away the point. That said, assuming no one else offers dragons in the meantime, I will still include your dental dragon, Tarn :)

I'm glad you guys like Ayaz right now and I'm excited to introduce him!

Today's pull was a Fire Flower plant item and I'd gotten my team ready (Ayaz got rolled so it'll be another lowbie run) buuuut I wasn't paying attention to the time. Whoops. Update once maintenance is finished and we learn about the ancient breed!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Ohh if you want to remove the guest option then you should :)
I just would not leave you hanging without anything. Feel free to ignore her then. I don't mind at all :hug:

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Syleye »

Oh Vare I think I misunderstood the rules. I didn't offer because Tarn had . But I do understand if you want to remove

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

I'm sorry you misunderstood. I do try to write things as clearly as possible but it's far from impossible that I butcher something along the line. English is hard, even for a native speaker!

Image Anyone at any time during the Pinkerlocke can offer a dragon that they'd like to see show up for a chapter of my story. This is not limited to the Guest Roll - if you have an idea or would like to see someone appear, post them!
Image Guests are entered into a list. When a Guest Roll is made I will use Random.org to pick a guest from that list. Repeat readers (if I get the same person twice in a row) will be skipped until the next roll for variety.
Image Guests are allowed to do anything they like in the story as long as it makes sense (no killing off characters willy-nilly for instance, but if there is a known upcoming death they could participate if desired). If there is something in particular you'd like them to do please make note of it when offering your dragon to make things easier to document. If nothing is specified they will be worked in as they'd best fit at the time. This, however, could result in them simply passing by in a crowd.
Image Only one dragon per reader at a time to keep things fair (even if someone has already posted a guest, you are more than welcome to post yours as well!). Ideally, once your dragon has had their moment in the spotlight they should not be offered up again. You are welcome to continue to offer guests as long as you'd like to see them appear, but returns should be avoided.
Image (New idea!) Messages from previous guests can be left in the form of letters or by word of mouth from other dragons. These can be implemented at any time unless specified how you'd like them delivered. These will only appear if the reader requests it. I will not manufacture messages from guests.

Please let me know if something doesn't make sense. This goes for all of my rules. I simply want things to be fair while keeping it entertaining for you guys :hug:

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

argh even this lag.. trying to log in and I accidental post on hubbys account :(¨¨¨

I think someone should offer up a Gaoler to join!! Else I got 4 of them now.. Shadow have entered your pinterlocke before but he looks very different now but could be fun? I will have more once the site stop lagging.. noot all have genes yet due to the lag

Shadow: (previous pinterlocke in his bio)

rest will be in this link. Feel free to pick.. not sure I can buy all the ancients I want for now but working on it:
http://www1.flightrising.com/lair/17708/1505100

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Hm, now that I hadn't considered. He's been in the story already and so would count as a repeat. At the same time he's -vastly- different to how we'd last seen him as the colour-changing wildclaw. I'll have to think on that one if other previous participants have been changed into gaolers! (Also please tell me I'm not the only one who could not see nor hear "jailer".)

On the topic of gaolers I have decided that they will be added to the list of breeds I can roll for when gaining a new dragon and can be considered as a possibility when breed-changing hatchlings from unhatched eggs. This goes for future breeds as well, ancient or otherwise, assuming are added in the same way. They'll just be mighty expensive for a while if I manage to roll one :lol:

EDIT: Hee I assumed that was the case Tarn :hug: