Winds of Change (Pinkerlocke)

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Re: Winds of Change (Pinkerlocke)

Unread post by Ana »

He will be scattered and gene changed after his nest (which he goes on tomorrow) and he will get a be another ancient when another breed is released.. because Shadow is ... well Shadow :P

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

This is Lore

Lore collects stories for our clan and doesn't like technology. Otherwise do what you like :)

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

:hug:

Okay, proper coliseum update!

Day 84
10-20 rounds.

As mentioned Ayaz was rolled first so I stuck with the lowbie group since there's still a 4-level gap between them and the lowest of the rest of the group, being Vunguza at lv9. I got to round 12 when disaster struck. Outsped and crit by a blooming strangler.

Thankfully
she is fine.
Last edited by Varethyn on Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Sne
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Sne »

phew.. Would hate to see her go!

Sne is Danish for Snow

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Syleye »

yes good that she made it!

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Day 85
Uh oh!

Phew, nothing happens. Lazy day, yay!
Last edited by Varethyn on Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Sne
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Sne »

Lazy days can be good :)

Sne is Danish for Snow

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Day 86
30-40 rounds in the coliseum.

Meifeng got rolled so once again I took the lowbie group through. I realised I'd started to stat them as a general grinding group following Culex's guide so I gave them tinctures to give them their much-needed vitality. Outspeed crits still happened but they took them with ease this time because of the respec. And once again they worked so well together that I went above target and got them all to lv7!

From here they are eligible to join the rest of the group so expect some variety in the battling future.
Last edited by Varethyn on Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Uhh sounds exiting!! Glad you found a build with more survivability. .And Eliminate is down to 200 gems so almost affordable now.

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Sadly gems are still out of my reach as I don't want to risk buying any on that account. I'm already doing a bad thing by having this second account even if it's just to Pinkerlocke on. However I did pick up the ones from Galore previously so I have something to work with.

As for the build. I have a since-abandoned Nuzlocke bookmarked but the player is still active with the Nuzlocke characters in Hibernation, so I took inspiration from them :)

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I have been buying, eliminates to sell if/when the price goes up. If you need a couple let me know. :)

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Thank you, I may need to do that in future. We'll see :hug:

Chapter 21 is finally available! I found it incredibly difficult to write this time around, eesh. Sorry for the delay.

Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Kirrandria »

Okay, I think I skipped a paragraph reading and so my introduction to the spirits was who I assumed to be[spoiler]Maki tugging at Sora's paw[/spoiler] and I outright sobbed. Sad and precious oh goodness ;-; Bittersweet because she did recognize her charge and can now protect it but like... she's dead :(

If you want another possible guest, I don't have anything written in his bio but there's my Thothmere!
Weird lore on him, but he essentially came very close to death at one point due to a crazy Imperial trying to form an Emperor. His Plague drive to survive saw him resist it and now he spends a lot of his time developing fungal diseases that are meant to target the flesh of dead Imperials in case he ever gets close to a potential Emperor again, but he himself is infected with it since like... he's gotta pass it on somehow. Probably avoids other Imps like, well, the plague, but otherwise he's a pretty pleasant fellow (though creepy with his fungus and bandages and raspy voice and whatnot)

((I also totally agree that Gaoler is not "jailer". I keep trying to pronounce it that way and I guess I'm getting used to it, but like... the best I can do is "jowler". But seriously it's like the whole gif/jif thing :lol:))

As for the 'locke build you found, does it seem to work much better than the Culex build? Does it have a link? I'm thinking of starting up a 'locke myself (actually have made a few pulls even) but I've somehow managed to luck out of battling so far... boy do I wanna be prepared when I get there, though!
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Soo sad reading but soo good!! I love your writing Varethyn... Gaoler is not Jailer in my book.. I say it Ga -o - ler.. period!

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

:hug: Glad as always that you guys are enjoying the story. I'm not entirely sure where the idea for Sora's Charge being the spirits of the dead came from but it was too heartwrenching not to include, though I had the thought to pass it off as a hallucinogen in the peacevine. Peacevine, by the way, being a poisonous plant dropped as a trinket by peacevine aardvarks, so it felt fitting since she was killed by said critter.

I am sorry it had to come as such a shock to you Kirrandria! You are correct in your assumption; the colours mentioned are of Maki, Eurus, Saira and the poor PC who tried to scale the rocks in decidedly not good climbing weather. Since it's been so long and only Matar knew him I wasn't sure whether to include Ahio or not. Kinda wish I did now, whoops.

Great timing with Thothmere - I pulled a material again today and saw this before I rolled the guests! I have a feeling he'll have a whale of a time with Whisper and Vin :lol: As a heads up this chapter will likely also be delayed as I'll be out of the house part of today and most of tomorrow. As always, we'll see.

As for a build, there actually isn't one. It's loosely based on Culex's guide but sacrificing strength for vitality. I don't have exact numbers to share so the best I can suggest is follow Culex's and intermittently put points into VIT instead of STR. I got Meifeng, Whisper and Ayaz up to 15 VIT by lv5. Matar has 25 VIT at lv12, the highest level currently, though the others have between 20 and 30. How much you give them is largely down to paranoia and your thoughts on how much damage they're taking. Expect to drop a lot of treasure into tinctures.

Feel free to reference my team's stats via the second post of this thread. The lair I drew ideas from is ArgenteaMoon; all of their RP dragons being found in the Dusk & Dawn tab of the Hibernal Den.

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Syleye »

Oh so sad and beautiful.

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Well, lookie here.

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Day 87

Hmm...

Last edited by Varethyn on Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

uhh an egg!! fun :D ohh and 3 eggs in that nest.. exciting! :D

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Day 88

-Reserved for art-

I take far too long to write far too much. Not helped that I've forgotten a lot of what I was excited to get down.
Last edited by Varethyn on Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.