An Ill Wind Blows (Side Pinkerlocke) - COMPLETE

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Re: An Ill Wind Blows (Side Pinkerlocke)

Unread post by Varethyn »

Thank you! He arrived safe and sound. And got straight to business, shall we say? :lol:
Sorry any Hiriscinth fans

How would you like to split the hatchlings when they are born? :)

Also as a heads up. I got a material today and the story portion will be for WoC, but I'll be out most of the day. So consider this your last chance to adopt Venilia as she will be exalted either once the chapter is up or later tonight.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

I just exalt mine as I only keep dragons with an id of 6 or less.. so what you want to do with them is up to you :)

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Sorry to say guys but the next chapter is going to be postponed. The majority of it is written up but I am struggling hard to figure out a convincing reason why Vennie suddenly dies. Hopefully I'll be inspired in my sleep.

Speaking of Vennie, she is sadly going to be exalted as no one has offered, or has space, to adopt her. Good bye Venilia :hug:

On a separate note I flipped Heads for a coliseum run today. ...and rolled a 5. Death streak ohhhhh boy. Rolled Iris (lv7), Hyacinth (lv8) and Acacia (lv3). Remember, death streaks are forced into hard mode rules so gotta stick to the venue corresponding the highest level. Scorched Forest with a lv3. Yeah, you can probably guess how that went. And before you ask, she hit lv4 and thus went above the lowbie safety net.

Inventory/Notes: Breed/Gene x2 OR Gen 1 Purchase x1, Wisteria Badly Injured for 3 days, Acacia for 7 days.

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Don't worry about the chapter, inspiration is a fickle thing! No pressure at all~ :hug: Also, goodbye lil Vennie, you did so good while you were with us!

Poor Acacia, too, D: The scorched forest really hates everything and everyone at this point, poor girlie hasn't even been introduced yet and she's being given a rough time
Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Day 57

-- RESERVED FOR RP --

Turns out I'm catching a cold yaaaay
Last edited by Varethyn on Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Hmmm! I wonder if you could die together poor Vennie's death and Acacia's injury? They did happen really close one after another, after all.

Also oh no, I hope you feel better soon! ;_; Take all the time you need to recover!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Buh sorry Lupis, I didn't register all of your reply first time. I came up with something after all, and while it feels like a cop out now I'm hoping the next part (when I feel up to it) adds some interest!

Day 58
Goddamnit Pinkterton will you please let me recover in peace-

I rolled a 46 so you guys get to entertain me instead mwhahah- *Has a coughing fit.*

Image Reader Event! Image

You guys should know how this works by now!

Though... I really would like some feedback on how frequently these pop up. It wasn't long since the last one. Should I make it 90-100 instead of 40-50 for instance?

Inventory/Notes: Breed/Gene x2 OR Gen 1 Purchase x1, Acacia Badly Injured for 3 days

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

40-50 seems fine by me tbh - you're bound to have a few reader events in quick succession every now and again, I'd say, even if it is 90-100 :) Also, is that a material or a trinket? I canny work out which one it is :')

Also thank goodness for this reader event, I've been saving potions for you from this weekend of grinding like a mad woman and there's so many - they're taking over
Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Hehe aww thank you! Seriously you don't know just how many potions I go through during the coliseum runs even with a healer present. Your overabundance will be invaluable to me :hug:

Fair enough. Part of me is just worried it seems like I throw them on purpose so I don't have to do anything :lol: It's a material, so writing and literature and stuffs!

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

REPOST DUE TO SITE ROLLBACK

Lupis had mentioned really wanting to draw for me but not having the time and missing the events because of it. So how about this: There is no time limit. At all.

I respect so much that not everyone has a lot of time on their hands, let alone the amount I tend to. These events are supposed to be fun, stress-free and accessible for everyone while remaining an invitation and not a requirement. To these ends, if a writing or art prompt pops up you are welcome to send something in your own time. No need to feel you've missed out, no need to make a reservation post for later. If you saw a Reader prompt and want to join in but don't have time on the same day, do it another. It's completely fine :hug: It's up to you if you want to try to catch up with existing prompts but I personally suggest only doing one - having a lot of prompts to catch up on gets stressful fast!

On that note, I will be clearing any further writing prompts of my own as I'm getting quite the backlog while still recovering from my cold. Each side of the story now/will only have one reserved RP post; further materials will be ignored until I've gotten those two chapters posted. As you may guess today's (yesterday's now) item was another material, which I am discarding.

On another note, Iris and Shears' eggs hatched!
ImageImageImage

Now this is where I need some input. I flipped Heads for the Ridgie boy and the Mirror girl while getting Tails for the Mirror boy, meaning he dies. But I have no means of proving this and flipping again could cause very different results. Would you guys be happy if I kept it this way or re-flip to keep things fair?

Lastly, while Mirya already stated she'd only exalt any hatchlings she took in I'm still leaving the decision on how to split them open between us :hug: Since the thread I found these rules in expects both partners to be doing their own challenge, my suggestion is to keep the living ones and offer the dead ones up for adoption unless Mirya takes a shine to them and exalt them if not claimed by the time they grow up.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

You keep them all :). As long as you name them; ;). I don't know the rules so I say keep who ever you want! :D i trust you, so just go with your coin flip thingie :D
Their hatchlings are actually not bad. ..

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

The new rules seem fantastic! Honestly the idea of discarding RP prompts until you can catch up on any backlog seems like a really good idea. More variation, less stress. And the lack of a time limit on prompts is amazing and thank you. :hug: I want SO BADLY to do some art for this locke, but time just is not allowing right now!

Those hatchlings are actually super cute?? That ridge boy especially, the way the blue stripes in his okapi match his primary/secondary is fantastic!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Day 59
Oh hey I finally got something worth posting! I legitimately got 4 materials in a row. Pinkerton please. I'M WORKING ON IT.

Anyway. Rolled Gardenia initially but she was followed by a newly grown-up Gladiolus, Iris and Shears' Ridgeback son. So I added Anemone, his Mirror sister, and replaced Gardie with Ciro to have a full lv1 team. It started off shaky as they kept missing but after levelling up and getting some points they absolutely smashed their way through all 20 rounds with ease. All three are now lv4.

Also here's Ciro (finally) as a Pearlcatcher along with grown-up Gladiolus and Anemone.
ImageImageImage

Inventory/Notes: Breed/Gene x2 OR Gen 1 Purchase x1

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Yay, happy to see you back at it! Totally understood re: taking time off while Pink threw the same things at you, happy he finally gave you some coli time. LOVE the new adults and especially Anemone's outfit. Just stunning!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Kirrandria »

Ahh, I'm loving all the new dragons, glad they had a relatively easy time through the coli! Anemone especially is a very pretty dragon, and I love the outfit!
Varethyn
Petopia Artist

I'm glad you like them! Really though I just tossed stuff at them so they had something to wear :lol: though I am surprised at how pretty Anemone's outfit turned out.

Speaking of apparel
Day 60 (Yesterday)
I completely forgot to post this! I got distracted with other stuff, namely rediscovering Animal Crossing. Whoops! Normal roll so added to the stockpile.

Day 61
More fighting yay!

Rolled Anemone again, followed by Gladiolus. Cos RNG. Tossed in Acacia as well since she was the same level and I prefer to keep story-specific teams where possible. It was touch and go in the Woodland Path but overall they managed the full 30 rounds. All three are now lv6.

Also Aure, the cream Fae, grew up yesterday

Inventory/Notes: Breed/Gene x3 OR Gen 1 Purchase x1

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Chapter 18

Nothing else had happened by the time the rest of the group began to stir. No small, lithe movements. No inexplicable greattusks. No further threat to the tiny hoard. Only him and the glorious sunrise he had finally been able to appreciate. It felt good to properly welcome a new day instead of cursing it, cursing his life, his failures. Aster yawned widely as he basked in the rays of the rising sun, only half listening as his friends busied themselves setting up cooking fires to begin breakfast. A smile graced his maw as a thought played through his mind again. A thought he'd come up with a little while ago but had not yet had time to be announced. It didn't stop him from imagining the outcome though.

He must have dozed off at some point because the great purple Guardian was startled awake by a new voice. A loud voice. A voice someone used to draw attention to themselves on purpose even when their audience was right in front of them. A groan left his mouth as Aster forced himself to his feet, stretching out luxuriantly as he padded around to see what the matter was.

And stopped short when he saw a grey Nocturne brandishing all manner of musical instruments. “Come now, come now! Pick one, any one! Any song! I have heard much, learned many melodies in my travels. Whatever your request Orchid the Gifted and Wondrous shall recreate it perfectly!”

“Doesn't matter if it's fast or slow, energetic or relaxing!” Another voice chimed in, a strikingly white Coatl with pale pink eyes sauntering up behind the previous, wings flared, flaunting herself for all to see. “Trust me when I say Orchid is the greatest musician you've ever heard!”

“And you are...?” Zinnia asked, clearly unimpressed by the show. “Any particular reason a pair of dragons are going around yelling about being able to play good music?” Her Lightning gaze narrowed, bored. “Or well, one of you is anyway.”

Feigning a hurt gasp the white dragon stared in mock aghast at her bat-like companion. “Can you believe it? Someone who has never heard of the travelling performers Orchid and Wisteria!”

Placing a hand on her chest Orchid echoed the motion, mouth hung open in faux shock. “Goodness me, we must change this!” Grasping a small harp of simple make in her claws the Nocturne held the string instrument up high. “This one is called Nightsong for Zeruta.” Without waiting she plucked slowly at the chords, strumming a soothing melody while barely even looking at what she was doing.

“What's going on?” Aster whispered to the Bogsneak, settling down next to her as he flashed the new pair a dubious look.

Zinnia huffed. “Some bozos thinking they can pinch a pretty penny off of us no doubt.” Turning her back on the performance she returned her attention to cooking. “Gotta be a reason why they're bothering us out of the blue.”

“Oh dear Orchid I don't think we have everyone's attention.” Wisteria pouted, lifting her brows and sticking out her lower lip in exaggerated despondence. “What d'ya say we hit 'em with something a bit more mind blowing?”

Orchid nodded enthusiastically, letting the harp fall to her side in its leather sling as she lifted a wooden lute instead. “How about something a little faster to really get your heart racing?” As she spoke her fingers already began brushing the strings. “You know this one!” The melody started slow and steady, then suddenly sped up; Orchid's fingers moving so fast it was almost a wonder the instrument didn't catch fire. “Through the embers and blaze we keep our stride!” The pair belted out together, reconvening to sing the entirety of the song in perfect harmony.

“Woah.” Magnolia marvelled as the bards delivered their impressively energetic, if lengthy, piece without a single slip from either of them. Applauding for the entire rest of the group, who were otherwise preoccupied, stunned or unimpressed, the Ridgeback arched her spiny neck to speak to the pair at their level. “That was amazing! You guys must practice a lot, huh?”

One of the Coatl's pink eyes glinted as she drawled, “Well I certainly put a lot of effort into my art but you must not know much about Nocturnes!” Draping a feathery wing over her partner, who beamed with pride, Wisteria continued, “They hear or see any one thing and they can recreate it in full, down to the minutest detail! So long as it's already perfect dear Orchid can repeat it just the same.”

“Oh wow, that's nea-”

“Only impressive if the perfect performance came from you.” Zinnia cut in, still focused on her cooking, before her giant friend could slather more much desired attention and praise on the strangers and gaining two very offended glares for it. “Seriously. Imitation may be the greatest form of flattery or whatever but that only goes so far when all you can do is imitate.” The long, black neck twisted enough to shoot her own electric glare at the Coatl. “And what about you anyway? Just there for looks?”

Greatly offended, Wisteria puffed out to almost twice her original size as fur and feather stood on end. “Well I never!” Her words came out with a slight hiss as her species' native language threatened to take over in her rage. “I'll have you know that I-”

“Careful Wist, you're doing it again.” Orchid stated matter-of-factly as she held her own wings to stop them flaring reflexively. “Last lot to disrespect you chased us off, remember?”

Taking a moment to glower heavily at Zinnia the snowy dragon closed her eyes and took a long, deep breath, held it for a handful of seconds, then released slowly. “I'll have you know,” she repeated, much calmer this time though still with an edge to her voice, “that yes, I was the one to teach Orchid what she knows. Nocturnes, darling, are only good at mimicking what they immediately see. Some might be able to recreate acts from memory but they're not as good.”

“Wist really did put in a lot of practice and effort to get the songs right.” Orchid chimed in, straightening as she held her lute up, “and I picked up a lot even if I just mirror everything she does, but I actually learned to play on my own!” Lowering the stringed instrument and absently plucking at it the Nocturne added, “With her song-making and my playing and both of us needing a place to stay it only made sense to pair up and perform.”

“A place to stay?” Iris spoke up from where she'd been testing her arm, gaining everyone's attention and suddenly feeling foolish for saying anything. Behind her Gardenia poked her head around from adjusting the straps having helped the Mirror exercise her hindquarters during the whole ordeal. Despite her flush the Plagueborne continued, “What do you mean? Do you not have a clan to go home to?”

The travelling minstrels exchanged glances, wondering to themselves whether or not to say anything while Zinnia muttered something about Iris and her clan under her breath. “W-well, it's not that we don't have a clan as such.” Orchid sputtered, a strained smile contorting her lips awkwardly. “It's just-”

“You know what? No.” Wisteria interjected with a sigh, receiving a baffled look from her companion. “I'm sick of all of this. I don't know about you Kid, dear, but I'm about ready to sleep in a real bed and eat real food.” Turning to address the group again the Coatl stood tall with wings flared as she had done when they'd first arrived. “You see, I was unfairly cast out from my clan a quite a while ago. With nowhere wanting to take me in I turned to the performing arts in attempt to earn enough treasure to start my own clan. Or at least be able to rent a den somewhere. That's how we met.” Here she gestured to Orchid, who bowed regardless of the concern patterning her features.

“Didn't that merchant the other day mention a fishing village nearby?” Hyacinth called out, having been rummaging through his pack to check his supplies. “Perhaps you can get a place there for a while.”

“Don't encourage them!” Zinnia chastised, wrapping the last of the cooked food in leaves for better transport in their bags. “Last thing we need is a couple of haughty artists mooching off of us until they find some place better. Our group's getting big enough as it is!” Indeed, with the inclusion of Aster and Willow, and the sudden arrival of the green Gaoler Alstroemeria, it was getting harder to keep up enough food and water for everyone. “We already have Magnolia, we don't need another pair of walking black holes sucking up the food.”

“Hey!”

With a roll of his golden eyes the Skydancer motioned that he was going around back where the rest of their belongings had been stashed. “All I'm saying is it wouldn't hurt to have them follow for the few days it takes us to get there.” Without waiting for a response the avian dragon made his way behind the mound that held their temporary cave. With a huff in response the Bogsneak gathered up the bags of food and left with naught but a flick of her tail to their new 'guests'.

After a beat of awkward silence Magnolia dropped to the ground to speak to the pair again. “So, um... if you're okay saying so, why did you get cast out from your old clan?”

Orchid bristled in anticipation of her friend's backlash, only to be surprised by a much calmer, if stiff, response. “Oh you know. I only managed to stop the Twisting Crescendo from spinning.” The Coatl absently studied her claws, not looking up at the Ridgeback. “Nothing major.”

Icy blue eyes widened in amazement at this claim. “Wait, really? How-”

“No.” The glare returned as Wisteria stared with narrow eyes at the giant white dragon before her. “You clearly don't know anything about Coatl either, do you honey?” With a hurt expression and backing up a few steps Maggie shook her head, spines rattling forlornly along her spine. “My kind,” the plumed dragon explained bitterly, “are supposed to be the brightest, most flamboyant creatures one could ever dream of laying their eyes on. It is incredibly rare for us to be born with dull or pale colouration. So of course I was the once-in-a-blue-moon egg to hatch with no colour at all.

“Daddy dearest was oh so quick to want me gone just because I was the fated albino child who would be celebrated by any other species.” She continued, punctuating her sentences with various humming tones. “That's right. Albino. See these?” She pointed at her pink eyes, a colour more associated with the Arcane flight as demonstrated by Aster and the late Amaranth. “That's right dearie, I'm not from the Flight you may think. I supposed mummy saw something, since she also lacked any colour from what I remember of her. Deities know how the pair ended up together. But of course, even though it was a few years later, the eternal storm stopped and it was all my fault. Because I'm 'bad luck'. Even mummy didn't defend me then.”

Leaving everyone around her in stunned silence Wisteria sat hard on her haunches, cheeks puffed out and a series of sharp, grating tones reverberating in her throat as she struggled to keep in check the anger the memories brought.

At least that's what Maggie assumed, swinging her neck around to glean some thought from those others present. Zinnia was fussing with the bags in preparation to leave. Hyacinth was still around the back. Iris had moved away to chat with Gardenia, who was massaging the Mirror's broken arm. Allium was perched on Willow's shoulder, the dryad in turn resting on Lupin's back as he stared off into the distance. Alstroemeria lay uncomfortably close to her fellow Gaoler.

That left Aster. Who seemed to be falling asleep in the same spot he'd flopped in previously.

“That's... um... quite the story.” Magnolia attempted, feeling a sting as she imagined Zinnia's disapproval at instantly believing such a tale. An albino dragon? What was the difference between a white Arcane dragon and an albino one? Thankfully for her the topic was interrupted by a shout of pain from behind the hill.

“Ack! What in the- What are you? Get off!” Again the travelling bards exchanged glances, this time of amusement as they, along with Magnolia and a now much awake Aster, rounded the hill to see what was going on. “What's a sphinx doing all the way out here?!”

“Sphinx? Oh dear.” The Coatl quickened her pace, Orchid following suit as the Ridgeback and Guardian bounded alongside. “Analika? Analika darling, come!” There was a low growl and another squawk of pain before a feline shape came elegantly sauntering up to the albino dragon. “Analika, honestly. Don't run off like that.” Despite the chastising words Wisteria was cooing at the catlike creature as one would a small pet or hatchling.

Displaying a limp as he held up a bloody forearm Hyacinth stormed as fast as he was able up to the thing's apparent owner. “Is this yours? Because it was rifling through our supplies!”

“Goodness, did she attack you?” Orchid exclaimed, rushing toward the Skydancer to get a closer look at the wound, only for him to pull away. “I'm so sorry, normally she's very well behaved.” Drawing back to Wisteria the Nocturne began making a series of humming sounds. Hyacinth picked up on that, raising his brows at Maggie and Aster. The former shrugged but a candle lit in the latter's mind, beckoning the birdlike dragon over.

“I got up early this morning and came across a greattusk of all things sleeping outside the cave.” Aster explained, keeping his voice to a low whisper and using his wings to cover the trio.

“A greattusk? Here?” Cin clamoured, fighting to maintain a quiet voice himself. “Why on Sornieth would a sphinx and a greattusk come all the way out here?”

“What's a greattusk?” Maggie inquired, only to be hot down by withering glances from the males.

“Belongs to them no doubt, if the sphinx responds to the Coatl.” The purple Guardian claimed, subtly pointing to Orchid. “I also saw a shape not unlike hers fly away as I came around to check our belongings. I fear they may not be the travelling bards they claim to be.”

Grimacing Hyacinth nodded. “It is extremely suspect that they'd find us in such a remote location. We'd best do a stocktake before we set off.”

“Good idea. You'd better get that seen to, as well.”

“I was looking for a particular herb for Iris anyway. I'll give the supplies a once-over while I bandage up.” Releasing a sigh Hyacinth then glanced apologetically up at the Ridgeback. “Sorry Magnolia, that simply wasn't the time to ask. A greattusk is a large mammalian creature with long tusks – hence the name – and a long trunk for a nose and who should live much farther south than we are.”

“You'd know it when you saw it.” Aster tagged on. Magnolia rubbed at her wrist glumly, though nodded in vague understanding at the description.

“Hel-lo? When you're quite done gossiping.”

Lowering his wings again Aster and Magnolia faced Wisteria, Orchid and their supposed pet sphinx as Hyacinth hobbled back behind the hill. “No offence meant, we simply want to make sure your, um, pet didn't displace anything of ours.” The Guardian rumbled, making use of his deep, gravelly voice to mask any emotion. “We will be leaving soon and need the supplies for the journey.”

“Of course, of course.” Wisteria waved a paw dismissively before hanging it around the sphinx's ruffed neck, the feline in turn purring and pressing her head against her mistress. “Analika here is very curious and simply loves rooting through anything she can find. I do hope you didn't store any food back there because it's probably gone now.”

“Serves them right for leaving stuff laying out in the open.” Orchid mumbled almost inaudibly. Aster frowned at the Nocturne, who, catching his suspicious gaze, fell still and silent.

“I, um... I'm going to see how Iris and the kids are doing.” Very quickly and without making eye contact with anyone Magnolia all but launched herself away from the small group, very much upset by the exchange.

Aster remained, seating himself to watch the minstrels carefully. They watched him in kind as the sphinx continued to nuzzle around her owner. Pressure gathered in his throat, but he suppressed the sigh. He'd hoped for a quiet moment to approach Gardenia. The idea had come to him that morning only to be lost once he'd encountered the elephantine creature. Now, as he pretended to hold the bards accountable for their pet's, possibly even pets', actions, the Guardian determined that he'd have to wait until they next stopped. It felt like it would be too strange for him to announce it in front of everyone. Especially now if these two were intent on following them to the fisher village.

Feigning a cough Orchid shifted after a while. “I think,” she nudged her feathery companion with an elbow as she picked up her coronet, “we could use some more music to lighten the mood. What do you say?”

“I say that's a wonderful idea!” Wisteria agreed, sitting up and clearing her throat.

“I'll pass, if you do not-” But they'd already begun to play.

Aster sighed anyway.

It wasn't long before Hyacinth returned, right forearm bandaged, hefting two linen packs that rattled and clanked as the contents shifted. He'd taken time to sift through the items, separating them into piles which he deemed useful and not useful. Each member of the group had found bits and pieces they found interesting and so the piles were larger than hoped – unnecessary baggage weighing them down on an already slow, ground-bound trip. However because of the variety of nicknacks it was impossible for the Skydancer alone to tell if anything had gone missing. As far as he was aware the only thing needing to outright dispose of was, distressingly, one of the tomes he'd purchased from Tibby days prior: the cover had been depressed as weight had been applied to it while the book was open, in turn creasing and dirtying several pages. A few of which appeared torn and others missing completely. He blamed the sphinx for the destruction, as the damage was too irregular to have been on purpose.

Hopping unceremoniously back around to the rest of the group Hyacinth received a silent plea for help as Aster continued to be serenaded by the travellers. Giving a sympathetic look in return Cin simply shook his head and mouthed where's Magnolia? The nightshade Guardian motioned with his head while the pair pranced about over to where the youngest members of the group were still gathered. Nodding his thanks the Skydancer mouthed again I'll find help as he made his way over to the others, leaving the distressed Guardian to suffer the musical torment.

Not that it was bad by any means. In fact they did put on quite the show. It was such a shame their natures did not reflect the joy of their performance. And they were rather persistent. Iris greeted him with a light headbutt to the shoulder as he came closer, then held up her arm to his newly injured one with a crooked grin.

“Look! We're twins!”

Hyacinth managed a humoured grin at that and the pair made to join the three youngsters, the dryad and the mystery dragon with the odd fascination for Lupin. The brown Gaoler of which rose to his feet to also greet the Skydancer. “Hi Cin.” He said softly, gently nuzzling against his side. It was incredible just how much Lupin had grown in such a short amount of time. There was once a day where he and Gardenia had been the same size, two bundles of shivering fur. Now the Gaoler was almost five times the size of the Tundra, rivalling even Aster in height. And yet he remained as delicate as the flowers he had learned to bloom now that the shambling menace had been put to rest.

“Hey Lupe.” Cin replied, pressing against the massive cheek affectionately. “How are the lessons going?”

“Good I think.” The shaggy oil-coloured dragon stepped aside to show the meadow he and Willow had been carefully tending to. Any dragon unaware of the events that transpired here would never realise it to be Amaranth's grave site.

“Gladekeeper's child speaks so little of himself.” Willow chuckled from their place atop a small boulder. “I've known few dragons capable of picking up nature magic so quickly.”

A silvery head bobbed as black and blue fins splayed and vibrated excitedly. “He's amazing!” Allium chirruped admirably at her ersatz brother. “He grew this whole field himself!”

Hyacinth glanced at the dryad, who chuckled again. A light rustling filled the air as they shook their leafy mane. “I had no part in this save direction, child of Light. You should teach him to take more pride in his work.”

“I know I am proud of you.” the Skydancer smiled up at Lupin, who shuffled uncomfortably under the praise despite the size difference.

“We all are.” Iris added, wheel squeaking as she pulled her cart closer.

“P-please...”

Another giggle, this time from the second Gaoler. “You are so cute, you know that?” While still embarrassed Alstroemeria's comment seemed to agitate Lupin, who turned away from the female. “Things are so much stricter down in the Dregs. No one would have been happy to see you sprouting flowers in the ice.”

Talk with the mossy-furred dragon had been short and broken in her distraction over Lupin. One would not be faulted for assuming she might have some interest in having a male of her kind around. The best they'd gotten was that it was a Gaoler's duty to rid the world of the Shade and that she'd been attracted by Amaranth. Alstroemeria still insisted the rose be taken back to the Icefields to be locked away in the Fortress of Ends, even threatening to do so herself only to stay at Lupin's side. Whether he liked her company in return or not.

“Oh Cin!” the monochromatic Fae piped up again. “Did you see the big grey animal that passed by a moment ago?” Big, grey... Hyacinth shot a look at the indisposed Aster, recalling his mentioning a greattusk earlier this morning. “I've never seen anything like it! Even Willow didn't know what it was at first. We should find it!”

“I get the feeling it won't be far behind us...” the Skydancer muttered, eyes settling on the two newcomers.

“What do you mean by that?” Iris asked, following his gaze and back again.

Allowing the bags to fall to the ground as he settled down amongst his friends Hyacinth took a breath. “We have a... less than desirable theory about our guests.”

Next Chapter
Inventory/Notes: Breed/Gene x3 OR Gen 1 Purchase x1

Last edited by Varethyn on Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Day 62
When Pink says write, he means WRITE.

--COMING SOON--

Inventory/Notes: Breed/Gene x4 OR Gen 1 Purchase x1

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Day 63

Rolled Verbena, Anemone and Wisteria. Nothing hugely special as they had to stay in Woodland Path. Wisteria is also now a healer and sorted out any damage spikes easily.
Verbena is lv6 and Anemone is lv7.

Coli loot:
Image - Vegin already has one
Image - Rolled a 1 so it wasn't kept

Inventory/Notes: Breed/Gene x5

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Day 64
Once again I am forbidding new dragons until the merge.
...and yes, Pink did in fact give me both floron in the space of a few days.

Chapter 19 is still in the works. Sorry for the delay, I ended up busier this last week than expected.

Inventory/Notes: Breed/Gene x5