The Black Wind Howls [Pinkerlocke - Abandoned]

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Re: The Black Wind Howls [Pinkerlocke]

Unread post by Varethyn »

Hey, I'm not dead! ...I think. And neither are my dragons! ...well, any more dragons. Turns out things like to happen when I have plans, such as running a Pinkerlocke challenge. Never make plans people - they get ruined.

THAT ASIDE. Chapter 2 is in the works! I've been discarding new materials thrown at me (of which I got THREE, two from Pink and one from Crim because of course) and generally taking those days off.

Some updates!

Day 22
Rolled Kingfisher (you were just waiting for him to grow up, weren't you...), Camellia (NOPE) and Bunting (NOPE NOPE NOPE)

Rules be... hecked. There was no way I was taking two lv1s into Scorched Forest. Had it been Cardinal instead of one of them then it wouldn't have been so bad. Instead I am reinstating the rule that low-levelled dragons must be grouped together if possible should they be rolled with a higher level. So Lia was replaced by Aure.

Managing two casters is always a pain but with Aure being lv4 they breezed through Training Fields with ease. I did attempt one round in the Woodland Path once Ting and King were lv3 but quickly retreated. Otherwise they managed the full 30 rounds. Ting and King are now lv4 and Aure lv5.

Day 23
Rolled Din, Lia and Ro. Didn't even need to fix it. Huh.

With Ro back getting through Scorched Forest was so much easier. There were a couple of encounters they had to flee from and several close calls but somehow they all made it through all 50 rounds. Ro is lv9 and Din and Lia are now lv10. You know what that means!

ImageImage

Notable loot:
Image - Rolled a 2

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Ohh wow those genes looks amazing on them

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Day 24
More art! Have a little Shrike.

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

AcadiAnne
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Classic Alliance/ Retail Alliance and Horde

Unread post by AcadiAnne »

I love how well you capture the dragons' emotions in your art. 10/10

Sorry she didn't make it, but again glad she found a good home.
Varethyn
Petopia Artist

OKAY SO

I've been able to fix one of the things that's been causing massive stress for a long time, so once I've adjusted to not needing to worry about that any more things should finally pick up! No promises for daily stuff - as is part of the rules I don't intend to rush things anyway. Writing had definitely taken a back seat however so with clear(er) mind I'll be able to catch up with that now.

Speaking of things picking up. Happy Thundercrack Carnivale!

Day 25
Rolled Cardinal, Camellia and Bunting, switched out for Sparrow.

Since they all levelled up last time, this time through was so much easier. There were one or two crits but never anything life-threatening. All told it was a boring romp.
Din and Lia are now lv11 and Ro lv10. The primary I want to give Ro is refusing to stock right now so I'll deal with that another time!

Day 26
More sketchy sketchy.

While she's not been introduced yet I found myself extremely motivated to draw Bunting anyway, so here she is!

"But Vare!" you are... probably not shouting at me. "You gave her the wrong horn!"

You'll see when I can get my brain cells in writing mode ;)

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Ohh I love Buntings art! Her facial expression is amazing.
And gratz on the egg!

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Thank you! She was a lot of fun to work on :D

Day 27
Rolled Bunting first so she, Aure and Kingfisher went together.

Despite being able to stay in the Training Fields I chanced taking them into the Woodland Path. And they did really well! So there they stayed. It's always slow having two casters but both of them have Heal so they pretty much couldn't be taken down. It was even easier once I gave them elemental moves.

All three of them are now lv6. And from here I'm more confident mixing them in with Din, Ro and Lia.

Day 28
Another dragon!

Only rolled an 8 so no previous participants join. Then rolled a 6 for a Ridgeback. Meet the fittingly named Flamingo!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Love Flamingo!
Played around with his look. Love python/morph/ghost.. I want an old dragon with this look now..

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

*Coughs.* I decided to put everything on hold until I get caught up on writing. Which I can finally say that I have! After too long, Chapter 2 is ready!

Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

I'm absolutely fond of Shrike's mimicry abilities and of how much Ro and Din argue, hehe. Seeing Verbena again was a real treat and I feel this is a good bit of calm after how chapter one ended with them finding Shrike.

Even though male ridgebacks aren't really my thing, I decided to try my hand at a scry for Flamingo:

Went with clown/spinner/underbelly.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Varethyn wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:31 pm *Coughs.* I decided to put everything on hold until I get caught up on writing. Which I can finally say that I have! After too long, Chapter 2 is ready!
:headbang: :headbang: :hug:

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Re: The Black Wind Howls [Pinkerlocke - Abandoned]

I think it goes without saying that I've officially given up on this story. But I'm saying it anyway for confirmation. I tried and tried to think of ways to salvage it but all the plot points I'd come up with were lost and I simply could not figure out what else to do with it. I apologise if anyone was looking forward to more.

While my main issue was obvious (not writing down my ideas beforehand) I was also trying to base it around the introduction of the Banescales. While it worked to start with, time quickly fell away to the point that it didn't make sense to me to keep treating them like something new even though it didn't really matter for story purposes. While it may seem that the introduction of the Obelisks is what sparked me to post this at last, it was simply convenient timing. I've been thinking of cutting the thread for the last month at least. Everyone is safe in my Hibernal Den and everyone in the TBA and Black Wind tabs are available for adoption should anyone want them.

I have in the meantime been toying with a reboot, a different story using the same title as this one and with a new cast of characters. Consider this an interest check in that case, though I don't blame anyone at all for giving up on me given how often I take long breaks, change my rules and outright disappear. Again, while the Obelisks have since been introduced it will not centre around them like I'd tried with the Banescales. I may make mention of them and they certainly will be added to the list of dragons I can buy, but they will not be the focus. I was originally thinking of rebooting on my birthday but well, time vanished and now that's only 3 days away which isn't much warning when making an interest check!

Let me know what you all think. If you trust me to work on it as much as actually being interested ^_^; I do already have a loose story to work from, although nothing concrete so to leave wiggle room for unexpected deaths, so hopefully this one would have some direction and not lose too much inspiration. But who knows with me.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Re: The Black Wind Howls [Pinkerlocke - Abandoned]

Unread post by Ana »

I am always intersted :) cannot promise to be super engaged but I defo look :)
:hug: good to see you posting