Checking out a Fodderlocke Challenge

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Re: Checking out a Fodderlocke Challenge

Unread post by Ana »

Fen look alot like his familiar :D

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

^ that was the point! I like familiar matching when I can :D

Day 37

Phase 1

Some early initiates this time around:
Image Walleye (3)
Image SpiritWarden (2)
Nope, Vornion's still in a YEET mood.

Phase 2

3. Hunting trip. Take any two of your dragons into a coli venue that is too low for them to gain experience. (Your choice). Go until you get a familiar drop.

Alternate Hunting Trip Variation (based on suggestion by Alphazi) Roll 1d4:
1) Hunting Trip (Look for a familiar)
2) Treasure Hunt (Look for a chest or other openable)
3) Stocking up on Supplies (Look for a battlestone)
4) Costume Shopping (Look for an apparel item)
ImageImage
Rolled a 4 to go Costume Shopping! I was highly expecting to be here a while and almost put this off because of it. Surprisingly they found something in just 24 turns!
Fun fact: Even in the Training Fields Wraith and Ryze were still getting exp at lv7. I didn't necessarily need to randomise the team but that's how I like to do it anyway. Still, the exp was negligible enough to not worry too much about it. Does make me wonder if anyone in my crime crew will live long enough to reach a high level :lol:

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

SpiritWarden was a handsome tundra :D The yeetpit does indeed take its toe on your crew.. it be fun if anyone makes it to lvl 25

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

I'd be lucky if anyone gets past lv10 honestly :lol:

Day 38

Phase 1

Today's recruits are two of a band of triplets, the third having been sniped by a rival organisation.
Image Storm (2)
Image Tempest (2)
Still Vornion remains unconvinced. Though I personally am tempted to keep Tempest, or at the very least she reminds me of Faron over in Vare's lair. I'll hold them both for a little while until I decide.

Phase 2

6. Crimes time! Pick two dragons at random. They have to go on a quest now. Raise both of them a level. Roll a 6-sided die for each. If it’s a 1, exalt them as they were lost in the mission.
Image 5
Image 6
Oh boy, the other kid and the freeloader. This was a little wonky getting done since Sion was still lv1. Cos you know, he's a lazy freeloader mooching off the organisation's supplies. But well, that's why he got sent out. But because he was only lv1 the usual trainer couldn't train them both as they're only meant to gain a single level. Taking them to the Mire would see him gain at least 2, maybe 3. So off to the Training Fields the pair went until Sion get his level. It was abysmal because they both kept missing! And every chipskink ever would only crit. Not fun. Somehow though they both scraped by with minimal lasting injuries despite their floundering.

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Two stunning lightning dragons! Fitting for the festival

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Day 39

Phase 1

Today's initiates are
Image Darrin (3)
Image East (4)
Vornion still turning everyone away at the door. I think he has a concerning affinity for the YEET pit.

Phase 2

4. Freeloader. Some random dragon has decided to hang at your place. Who is this guy???? Grab the cheapest adult off the AH. Leave them at level 1. For bonus points, try sniping an underpriced adult.
Once again this would've been a good fit for Darrin as he was only 5k. Oh well, Vornion still has to take in new dragons whether they're wanted or not. Seems Sionyn wasn't alone in his freeloading. Apparently he'd invited his Gaoler friend, Grape, to join him. Now he works for us, too.

BONUS
Someone was presumably having a lair clearout after returning from a break as a bunch of starving dragons got put up for auction. Generally I ignore them unless they're particularly cheap as I have the food and energy for it, but Aralt here was put on at the same price as the rest of the lair (7k each) at level 7. Not a huge number I admit, but how he wasn't sniped for insta-exalting I have no idea.
Do I keep him as a bonus crime-buddy or just exalt him now?

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Really interesting colors on the Gaoler

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

As my question wasn't answered (and I was too tired to chase up) and it would have been bending the rules a bit, Aralt was exalted.

Day 40

Phase 1

Had an interesting snatching today. The main two initiates are:
Image Urien (3)
Image Elana (6)
Vornion finally decided to bring in an actual able-bodied dragon after the introduction of the hapless layabouts, and what better a way to welcome in our first Obelisk! Sorry Urien.

As for the rest. While I was "recruiting" I managed to snap up 3 cheap (5k or 6k) unbred 1st gens that would originally have been my initiates. If anyone likes collecting 1st gens they're up for grabs! Or else I might toss them in my HibDen or use them as tomorrow's initiates.
ImageImageImage

Phase 2

11. Major Heist!! This is it! Your time to shine. Roll a d12 for Every dragon. If you get higher than their level, exalt. Raise all survivors by one level.
Oh dear. Vornion's decided we're ready to try this again. Given how the last one went, this does not bode well.
Image 10
Image 9
Image 6
Image 11
Image 5
Image 4
Image 12
Image 4
Good job Vornion, you only went and got yourself killed. Overzealous little... No wonder Rethor was wary of you. And you took Wraith, Reldith, Sionyn and Grape with you. *Slowclap*

That means that, once again, we need a new leader. Dima and Ryze are both lv8 but Dima is older by a week. Let's hope that she turns out to be a good leader, having been raised from childhood here.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Yikes another heist and sooo many for the yeet pit.
Elena is soft and pretty

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Day 41

Phase 1

I actually had these two in my HibDen for a while thinking I liked their colours. Well I do, but not enough to keep them. So we'll see if they get the chance to serve in the crime organisation instead!
Image Severin (3)
Image Ihaka (6)
And lo! One gets to stay on. Until someone slips up and gets her killed anyway. At least Dima recognises that we need more hands on board. Bye, Severin.

Phase 2

8. Kids can do crimes too. Grab the cheapest hatchie off the AH. Level it to 5 when it comes of age.
And here's another one! Yay for rebuilding! Much like Wraith, Gweneira was found abandoned and crawling around alone whilst the remaining adults were out scavenging. With no one around to say otherwise, the tiny Fae was snuck into the warehouse to be raised as a future crime-buddy.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Ihaka I love. Wish she was an old dragon
Image Image

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Day 42

Phase 1

Two striking Veilspun poke in hoping to cause some chaos today.
Image Freyr (5)
Image Ceinwen (5)
Dima was very tempted for a moment, with Veilspun trickery offering a useful if not fun way of performing heists. Sadly, neither quite made the cut. Though I may be stealing Freyr for myself.

Phase 2

4. Freeloader. Some random dragon has decided to hang at your place. Who is this guy???? Grab the cheapest adult off the AH. Leave them at level 1. For bonus points, try sniping an underpriced adult.
Again? Welp, okay then.
Oh. Oh boy. Wrath was caught skulking around after being kicked out of his previous lair right after having eggs! He is in no way associated with Sionyn or Grape and frankly just wants to be left alone. Hopefully in time he'll calm down enough to help out with his new home.

(This story is based on true facts! He was tossed on the AH for 6.5k and his kids, all minutes old, were available to buy at the time - they've all since been bought by the same user. Doom, his mate, is still in the previous lair.)

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Freyr is so beautyful. I can see why you want to keep her

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Day 43

Phase 1

Late edition again. I don't know what's going on but very few dragons under 10k were lasting long. So I settled on the two G1 Banescales I got the other day.
Image Bronze (3)
Image Sky (6)
And seems Sky proved himself worth keeping on longer. He even brought an offering of rare apparel he found during his test. So sweet.

I also missed Fen growing up.

Phase 2

Admittedly I'd rolled another 4, but we've had a few times recently now so I rerolled. And got a 3 for a Hunting Trip, but it's honestly too late for me to put any effort into that. Third roll netted us:
11. Major Heist!! This is it! Your time to shine. Roll a d12 for Every dragon. If you get higher than their level, exalt. Raise all survivors by one level.

...Should have stuck with the 4.
Image 10
Image 6
Image 5
Image 8
Image 5
Image 1
Image 8
Ay yi yi... Dima, what were you thinking? I guess you didn't learn as much as I'd hoped since you thought we had the numbers. Once again the leader has fallen, along with Elana and Sky. So much for the Banescale staying on. I'm most impressed that our resident lv1 freeloader rolled a 1 to survive.

This makes Dima the shortest-reigning leader at only 2 full days. At level 8, Ryze has taken over. Who thinks he'll also be reckless and lead the organisation to their doom?

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

YEET pit win again.. I love Ihaka so glad she survived.

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

There is a very good chance that I shall put the challenge on hold for this week, as there's a massive dominance battle going on that has put fodder prices above 10k now. Since the point of the challenge is to make money, it'd be defeating the point if I buy at such prices when my goal level is only 6. Granted, I could skew the rules and level them further but that would again defeat the point of the rest of the level-based Phase 2 activities.

I'll try and snipe anything cheap, but I'm really not a fan of having to do so. Or likely to manage given the dom battle.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I noticed the dom battle.. sky high prices... i think its wise to wait :hug:

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Day 44

Phase 1

Prices are still relatively high so updates may yet be sporadic, but in amongst the 10k+ listings there were a few 7k ones! So I quickly nabbed these guys:
Image Kyro (4)
Image Andin (3)

And quickly lost them again. Ah well. Money! And YEETing! And Andin gave me a WW chest. How kind.

For anyone curious, Gweneira grew up a while ago.

Phase 2

5. Crimes time! Pick two dragons at random. They have to go on a quest now. Raise both of them a level. Roll a 6-sided die for each. If it’s a 1, exalt them as they were lost in the mission.
Image 4
Image 1
So naturally Gwen is picked to go out on her first mission, alongside young Fen. Both started off strong, but their inexperience quickly showed as a huge mistake was made. Fen returned, carrying what at first looked to be a clump of seaweed. Apparently he'd snagged it off a nearby dragon in attempt to cause a distraction for them to escape. Gwen, however, was nowhere to be seen.

Notable loot:

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Whee a WW chest is good!

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Day 45

Phase 1

Booting this up again cos I checked the AH out of randomness and managed to snipe two rather cheap dragons (5500t and 5000t respectively):
Image Locklear (3)
Image Freckle (6)

Ryze wisely realised that we need more bodies, plus the extended break will have made them lazy. While there was potential for fun with what was essentially a giant talking plushie he opted to take in the Fae instead. Maybe the Deities would appreciate something to snuggle with. Added bonus for being a Tundra.

Phase 2

9. Backstabbing. Choose a dragon at random who is not the leader. Exalt them. Bye.
So much for having more bodies. Someone had finally had enough of Wrath jealously claiming part of the lair and its contents as his own without offering much in return; the Banescale was found lifeless in his nest.