Checking out a Fodderlocke Challenge

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Re: Checking out a Fodderlocke Challenge

Unread post by Ana »

Uhh welcome back . The tundra is oddly cute :)

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

Day 46

Phase 1

Bonus 3 initiates today, could even have been 4 but someone beat me to the last one, bah. Guessing someone was having a clear out as they were all bred and Suhail was already lv2.
Image Balterossa (6)
Image Gumdrop (3)
Image Suhail (2)
Wanting to make up for yesterday's backstabbing Ryze once again attempted to bolster the ranks, and with a very pretty dragoness at that! Gumdrop and Suhail not so much. YEET

Phase 2

5. Crimes time! Pick two dragons at random. They have to go on a quest now. Raise both of them a level. Roll a 6-sided die for each. If it’s a 1, exalt them as they were lost in the mission.
Image 2
Image 2
Ryze decided to take it on himself to test one of the newbies and took Freckle on what should be a relatively simple mission. With Freckle's greenness and Ryze's rust from inactivity it was a little rocky, but they managed to pull through without lasting issue.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

That Guardian girl is amazing!!! and I actually really like Suhail, if he dies the mafia would love to adopt him

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Oh! I started exalting losers straight away for this challenge so he's already gone. I'll restore him in a moment! Thankfully I've never used that feature before so it's unlikely I'll be wanting to use it again for the next few months :lol:

I didn't really make the rules clear even in the first post. In Phase 1 both (or all) daily dragons are levelled to 6 and then each roll a 1d6 (or RNG 1-6). They can only stay if they roll a 6, hence the numbers I put next to them and why I describe inviting or YEETing certain dragons. Anyone who doesn't roll a 6 is kicked out and exalted immediately. I did hold off on exalting straight away at the start and then began doing so when there was no interest - but of course that was while the Mafia was on break. I'll go back to waiting a day before exalting losers/deaths :)

The rules and original thread are here.

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

hah im sorry hun.. the mafia just went " we would love to safe that! " and i had to ask.

How much did you have to pay to get him bacl? I reimburse. If possible could you send him to 80s90sJukeBox - worst usename ever i know :lol:

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

No problems at all! I just acted on reflex and am happy to wait a bit on the next ones if another pretty dragon pops up :) It cost about 10kt to get him back which is close to what he exalted for at lv6, so no need to reimburse :hug: And not a bad username! There is a lot of good music from the 80s and 90s :D

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Day 47

Phase 1

Once again I got 3 potentials as I went a little crazy with refreshing and forgot how many I'd gotten, whoops.
Image Azaran (2)
Image Thunder (2)
Image Baldur (3)
What's with the double pthalo all of a sudden? No complaints, it's pretty. Ryze wasn't impressed this time though and decided none of them were worth anything more than YEETing. They will wait in the pit until tomorrow in case anyone wants to pick them up!

Phase 2

3. Hunting trip. Take any two of your dragons into a coli venue that is too low for them to gain experience. (Your choice). Go until you get a familiar drop.

Alternate Hunting Trip Variation (based on suggestion by Alphazi) Roll 1d4:
1) Hunting Trip (Look for a familiar)
2) Treasure Hunt (Look for a chest or other openable)
3) Stocking up on Supplies (Look for a battlestone)
4) Costume Shopping (Look for an apparel item)

Rolled a 3 to Stock Up. Ryze instructed Fen and Balterossa to scrounge up something that could help the crew, if not now then as a backup. 34 rounds in the Training Fields and they found something potentially useful:
along with a health potion and a handful of magical shards.

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Since there were no replies at all yesterday I've temporarily moved the initiates into my HibDen. They will be exalted tomorrow however.

Day 48

Phase 1

A brother/sister pair of Snappers plod up to the lair
Image Waveheart (1)
Image Scissortail (5)
Ryze briefly considered Scissortail for her interesting name, but ultimately decided they were better off without.
They will be available for adoption until tomorrow's post!

Phase 2

10. Test the Newbies. Roll a d10 for each of your lowest-level dragons. If it’s higher than their level, exalt them. They were not good enough. Raise the remaining low-level dragons by one level.
Ryze is really pushing his underlings. So much better than running head-first into a suicide mission. Not looking at anyone in particular. Nope.
Since Balterossa is the lowest by 1 level, since Freckle got experience from his mission, only she needs to roll.
Image 6
And rolled exactly her level. Close one! And now everyone other than Ryze is lv7.

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

I changed my mind. While Maria is not feeling well I'll keep ALL losers and deaths in my HibDen so they can be checked for the Mafia once she's feeling better :hug:

Day 49

Phase 1

This was an interesting one as the second purchase was a misprice! The seller priced him for 600t and I'm amazed I snagged him. It looked to be a relatively new player, so I sent a message asking about it and will offer a proper amount if they reply :hug:
Image Valeth (2)
Image Spyro (2)
Despite the price mix up Ryze decided neither of them were worth the hassle. YEET

Phase 2

2. There’s Romance in the air. Pick two dragons at random. They are now in a relationship. If one gets exalted, so does the other. Their fates are bound together.
ImageImage
ALL the 2s! Looks like young Fen has his eye on new girl Balterossa, and she him! The Guardians are now going everywhere together, chatting about their Charges and the Search they took to find them. No, they're not going to share it with you. Meanies. But now, if either of them die then the other goes with them!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

thanks hun :D I looked over the dragons and the mafia passes :hug:

i prob be up and about in a few days but hopefully tomorrow

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Good to know, thank you :hug: Sending all my love :hug:

Day 50

Phase 1

Another threesome today, as RunningBrownBear was generous enough to send me one of their dragons they wanted to move out specifically for this challenge :hug:
Image Remiy

I feel bad immediately exalting Remiy after being donated in such a way, so I'm adding her directly to the lair. As for the others...
Image Yrthraz (2)
Image Anstix (6)
Looks like we get not one, but two pretty Veilspun joining us! And another Imperial to punt tomorrow!

Phase 2

8. Kids can do crimes too. Grab the cheapest hatchie off the AH. Level it to 5 when it comes of age.
Ryze has been busy it seems. Not only is he growing the organisation by regular means but he's been off snaffling naughty hatchlings as well!
Who is also a Veilspun. Good grief. Meet Madena! She did exactly what she was told not to do, wander off while her parents were meditating and rummaged through a nearby stranger's belongings. Now she's missing just like the Tidelord. I'm sorry.

And no, I'm not biased towards Veilspun much. I was about to buy a Pearlcatcher but decided to refresh just in case and the little lady popped up at 5k so yeeaaaah.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Feel free to exalt the brown Veilspun hun :hug: PS its BrownRunningBear not RunningBrownBear :lol: my friends with their weird Usernames
Could Goldendragons steal the blue one,m Anstix?; its late so they first sometime tomorrow

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Derp, I'm tired from being out today :lol: It's a cool name, whichever order it is!

Anstix was recruited and is staying on the team for now, but I'll make a note to send him if/when he dies :)

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Day 51

Phase 1

Another day, another pair of recruits.
Image Anabelle (3)
Image Miles (6)

And Ryze continues his plan to grow the team! Both actually performed well, Anabelle is simply too sweet and sensitive to be caught up in a place like this (She came with some cute lore about making things with flowers and brewing tea).

Phase 2

6. Crimes time! Pick two dragons at random. They have to go on a quest now. Raise both of them a level. Roll a 6-sided die for each. If it’s a 1, exalt them as they were lost in the mission.
Image 3
Image 4

Once again Ryze decided to test the newbies himself, this time taking Ramiy along to assess because of course it would pick her first. She passed with flying colours, to the point that the mission was so easy it was boring. Oh well, a win is a win and they both made it back safely.

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Day 52

Phase 1

A pair of Guardians loom outside the warehouse for their results
Image Blou (5)
Image Gabret (4)

Seems Ryze is comfortable with the amount of dragons we have on board currently. That means we get to YEET the Guardians.

Phase 2

12. A coup! Exalt your leader. They have been dramatically betrayed by the others a la the ides of march. Determine a new leader from the remaining dragons. The highest level dragon will be it. If there is a tie, the oldest tied dragon shall be the leader. Level the tied dragon one level to make it better than its peers.

Nooo! Ryze was doing so well! In fact, had he survived today he would have been my longest-lived leader so far. As it is he tied with Vornion at 8 days (of activity, it would be massively cheating if I included the break!). RiP Ryze, you did well to pick up after Dima's tragedy. Sadly it seems someone was getting tired of the cautious approach. Who, we may never know. What we do know is that we need a new leader! With a 4-way level tie it was determined that new girl Balterossa would lead, as she is 2 years old. Lead us to glory, Balt! Please don't lead a major heist in your first few days.

Along with the rejects above, Ryze is available for adoption. Bare in mind he is lv11 so I'd be giving him away with the trust that he won't be immediately exalted.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Mafia passes this round :)

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

I uh, went a bit nuts today. Someone seemed to be having a clear out and listed around 20 dragons, all with low energy, at 5200t each. Sometimes the cheap bug bites and I keep buying so long as I see them upon refresh. I got 14 of them as someone else was also sniping. Was kind of hoping they'd be faster and kill my bug but nope :lol: At least I don't need to worry about buying cheap recruits for the next few days! That said, feel free to check my Reception tab and claim any that you'd like! I'm more than happy to give them new homes prior to enrolling them for the 'locke.

Day 53

Phase 1

The two I picked for today linger impatiently outside.
Image Sleekcrow (4)
Image Newtfang (3)

Neither of them impress Balterossa so off to the YEET pit they go!

Phase 2

11. Major Heist!! This is it! Your time to shine. Roll a d12 for Every dragon. If you get higher than their level, exalt. Raise all survivors by one level.
WHAT DID I SPECIFICALLY TELL YOU NOT TO DO?! aAAAA-

Image 6
Image 11
Image 8
Image 10
Image 4
Image 10
Image 1

All of Ryze' hard work... down the drain. Why Balt? I had such higher hopes for you. But no. Well, at least Goldendragons gets to adopt Anstix already? Haahhhhh... Also, love how Remiy, the one specifically donated to the 'locke, survives :lol:

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Must save this one

To Eryslai please.
I hope i read it right and she was about to be yeeted ;)

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

I forgot to list exactly who died, but you read correctly and both she and Anstix are ready to go home :hug:

Fen and Freckle are the others who died. If you've got ideas/requests for a better layout when this happens do let me know :D

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Thank you hun :hug: the layout is good, just tired :D
Not sure the mafia will be on today but defo tomorrow :)