Checking out a Fodderlocke Challenge

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Checking out a Fodderlocke Challenge

Unread post by Varethyn »

Because I'm a sucker for challenges on FR apparently. Original post can be found here. There's an awful lot going on so to save space I won't repost it here, but will explain the rolls I get. I have done a few days of this already but decided to share my records with you all.

Note: This is not a traditional Nuzlocke or Pinkerlocke. While there is an option to, I will not be doing any RP (unless I'm particularly inspired for some reason) and instead using this as a log of sorts. Mostly because I don't know how to RP a criminal organisation. If I do work on a true Pinkerlocke again, this will run alongside it and neither will have impact on the other.

Previous Leaders
Image Blossomgale, days 1 - 7. Victim of a coup.
Image Malari, days 8 - 11. Victim of a coup.
Image Tiger, days 12 - 18. Lost in a mission.
Image Aquiorin, days 19 - 25. Victim of a coup.
Image Rethor, days 26 - 31. Victim of a coup.
Image Vornion, days 32 - 40. Lost in a major heist.
Image Dima, days 41 - 43. Lost in a major heist.
Image Ryze, days 44 - 52. Victim of a coup.
Image Balterossa, days 53 - 59. Overthrown.
Image Miles, days 60 - 65. Survived to the end!

Day 1

Set Up

First things first, every organisation needs a leader. The cheapest adult dragon at the time was Blossomgale, as such she is the one who got things going.

A leader needs to be strong, so she was taken to the Mire with my resident Mire Flyer to train until she was level 8. Now for some partners in crime. The next 4 cheapest dragons came in the form of
Image Nesita
Image Malari
Image Armin
Image and Luthien

Much like Blossomgale, they need to be strong. Not too strong, mind. Strong enough to be worthwhile but not so strong that they could overpower her! All four got trained up to level 6.

Daily Phase 1

With news spreading about this new organisation some like-minded individuals slip in with the hopes of joining the ranks. Today's potential recruits are
Image Gandar
Image and Berke

Of course, we can't just let in any Tom, Dick and Harry. All new recruits are put through their paces similar to the first wave and levelled to 6. Then both rolled 1d6 (RNG 1 to 6). Only those who win full points (roll a 6) are considered useful, everyone else is tossed out with the trash (exalted). In this case Gandar pulled out all the stops, winning a 6 while poor Berke was left out in the cold with his pitiful 2.

Daily Phase 2

Here 1d12 (RNG 1 to 12) is rolled to determine what happens today. I rolled:

5. Crimes time! Pick two dragons at random. They have to go on a quest now. Raise both of them a level. Roll a 6-sided die for each. If it’s a 1, exalt them as they were lost in the mission.

Gandar and Luthien were picked for today's mission. Both reached level 7 and rolled their dice. Luthien rolled a 3 and Gandar a 5, so both came back successfully and unscathed!
Last edited by Varethyn on Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:20 am, edited 16 times in total.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Re: Checking out a Fodderlocke Challenge

Day 2

Phase 1

Today's potential recruits are:
Image Isaac (3)
Image and Emora (1)

Terrible, terrible rolls. Both were yeeted into the trash.

Phase 2

3. Hunting trip. Take any two of your dragons into a coli venue that is too low for them to gain experience. (Your choice). Go until you get a familiar drop.

Alternate Hunting Trip Variation Roll 1d4:
1) Hunting Trip (Look for a familiar)
2) Treasure Hunt (Look for a chest or other openable)
3) Stocking up on Supplies (Look for a battlestone)
4) Costume Shopping (Look for an apparel item)

Using the alternate variation I rolled a 3 to Stock up on Supplies. Nesita and Malari were chosen. It only took 6 rounds before they snagged themselves a Sap stone. Efficient!
Last edited by Varethyn on Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Day 3

Phase 1

Today's fresh faces are
Image Aloth (4)
Image and Dierdre (4)

While lucky to roll the same number, it was the wrong number. YEET.

Phase 2

1. There’s a scandal (or romance) afoot. Pick two of your ready to breed dragons at random if you have any. Put them on a nest. The babies will join your crime organization when they hatch. Level them to 5 when they come of age. If the parents would be exalted while they’re on the nest, wait until their nest hatches and Then exalt them. If nobody is ready to breed, grab a random hatchie off the AH. A secret forbidden child or sibling has been uncovered.

Only Gandar's RTB so someone kidnapped "brought home" Hauka.

(She's so pretty!)
Last edited by Varethyn on Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Day 4

Phase 1

Another day, another pair of wannabes. This time it's:
Image Salem (3)
Image and Sandrel (5)

So close, Sandrel, so close. But not close enough. Bye!

Note. Salem, Sandrel, Aloth and Dierdre are currently awaiting judgement in my Reception tab. If anyone sees some failed recruits or a dead/ousted member and would like to give them a new life, let me know! From here on I will exalt the most recent failures before I begin Phase 1 of the next day. Hopefully that's enough time for you guys to decide if you'd like to adopt or not. I will, however, be taking you on your word that you want to keep the dragon in question, as they have been levelled in some way. I can't stop you, but I won't be happy if you "adopt" them to exalt them for quick money. That is, after all, the true point of a Fodderlocke. I'm only offering out of the kindness of my heart on the off chance I pick up a pretty dragon.

Phase 2

8. Kids can do crimes too. Grab the cheapest hatchie off the AH. Level it to 5 when it comes of age.

Welcome, Gazer! I don't know where you came from or why you're here, and frankly I don't want to. You're here now and that's what matters.
Last edited by Varethyn on Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

sorry i missed this. It seems like a good idea!! Would love bigger icons of your dragons so I can see them :D Else i will try to fillow

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

It's okay, I literally just now posted it and wasn't really expecting replies!

I'd made the images small to save space, but I'll change them back :D

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Yay!! I try to notice and reply hun

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Images should be bigger now :)

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Oh gosh just noticed Hauka. Shes pretty!

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Seriously! I just happened to check and someone had thrown her on for like 3k or something (I should start taking note of how much these guys cost). Massive steal.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Uhh defo. Notes could be fun and a part of their background even when your not doing RP
She's stunning

Mozag
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

This is great! I think I might just try this out myself if I can make a little more lair space. Looks like so much fun.
Can't wait to see how your organization gets on. :D
Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Thanks Mozag! It's definitely a good way to go through your own dragons as well as/instead of buying off the AH. The person who I stole this from was inspired by started off by going through their HibDen for dragons kind of just sitting there. When in doubt, let RNG sort you out! Then promptly decide that nah, this one's too pretty. Maybe next time.

If anyone's in need of an RNG (random number generator), I recommend Random.org.
If anyone's in need of a dice roller that supports dice with more than 6 sides, I recommend Wizards.com D&D dice roller.

Aloth, Dierdre, Salem and Sandrel have all been exalted!

Day 5

Phase 1

Today's recruits are
Image Everado (3)
Image and Megaera (4)

We're off to see the deity, the wonderful deity of Wind~ Unless someone would like to rescue them! You have until tomorrow's post to let me know!

Phase 2

11. Major Heist!! This is it! Your time to shine. Roll a d12 for Every dragon. If you get higher than their level, exalt. Raise all survivors by one level.
Alternate Safer Heist Option: Flip a coin. Heads? the mission was a success! Instead of getting exalted on the failed role above, they simply don't gain a level. Tails? Exalt as above.

Oh boy, Blossomgale's gotten bored of waiting for a larger army. Perhaps this small, ragtag bunch would do the job just fine. But do they? Are they prepared? Is Blossom being overzealous and impatient?
I decided I wanted to be ruthless with this type of challenge and stuck with the original rule. Here's how it went down:

Image 5
Image 10
Image 6
Image 3
Image 11
Image 2

Note: I decided to leave the kids out. This time.

Oh no! Overall the heist was a success, but sadly we lost Nesita and Luthien and Malari is hanging on by a thread. Armin blames Blossomgale for the loss of his brother and who can say if she herself bumped off Nesita, since she was another female skydancer? Distraught though he is the Imperial decided to give Blossom another chance. It's... not like there's anywhere for him to go anyway.

Nesita and Luthien are also available for adoption until tomorrow's post!
ImageImage

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

ohh no a coup de ta!! But Blossom survived as leader! Yay Blossom!

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

If anyone's in need of a dice roller that supports dice with more than 6 sides,
If anyone wants a phone app, I recommend RPG Simple Dice. It also keeps a history of rolls from the current session, in case I need to look back.
Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Thanks GormanGhaste! I don't use a mobile that supports apps *grumble grumble* so that'd be very useful for those that do!

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Everado, Megaera, Nesita and Luthien have been exalted!

Day 6

Phase 1

Oof, there's some dragon-flipping wars going on or something as there were no new hires on for less than 7.5k for a long time. While I would have settled for that I rerolled a few times and eventually got the decently-priced
Image Swiftrunner (hey, that name sounds familiar) (6)
Image and Radgar (6)

Holy heckle they both passed the test! Welcome aboard, both of you!
FodderProof.png
FodderProof.png (71.13 KiB) Viewed 11939 times
Phase 2

9. Backstabbing. Choose a dragon at random who is not the leader. Exalt them. Bye.

Alternate Honorable Duel Option (inspired by suggestion by TheAwesoMew): Flip a coin, if heads, take two random not-leader dragons into the coli and exalt whoever faints first. If tails, do the backstabbing as above.

Yikes! Seems tensions are still high from yesterday's loss! Welp, I did say I was going to be ruthless this time around (unless hatchlings are involved) and so it was decided that Gandar is to be kicked out! Whether it was his fault Nesita and Luthien died does not matter. Once you're out, you're out.

Gandar is available for adoption until tomorrow!

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Gandar has been exalted.

Day 7

Phase 1

Today's hopefuls are
Image Ramsey (1)
Image and the aptly named Tiger (6)

Interestingly Tiger came with a little extra experience. Not much, enough perhaps to have had a single stint in the Training Fields. Apparently Blossomgale decided that was useful, little as it was, and took the Gaoler in. Good to have some Ancient muscle around after all! As for Ramsey... YEET.

Phase 2

12. A coup! Exalt your leader. They have been dramatically betrayed by the others a la the ides of march. Determine a new leader from the remaining dragons. The highest level dragon will be it. If there is a tie, the oldest tied dragon shall be the leader. Level the tied dragon one level to make it better than its peers.

Oh no! Someone seriously does not care for Blossom's leadership any longer and the Skydancer has been found dead in her office! RiP Blossomgale. It seems it was a group effort between the older members as no one seems to give a darn. Rules state that the strongest become the new leader, except Malari and Armin are as strong as each other (in their respective roles since, you know, massive size difference). Following that is the eldest of the strongest. Once again Malari and Armin are date-twins, both being born on June 13th. So I tossed a coin and Armin bowed out so that Malari can lead instead. All hail Malari! Please don't be a tyrant. Or do, makes it fun.

Ramsey and Blossomgale are available for adoption until tomorrow's post!
ImageImage

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

RIP Blossom

That Gaoler is quite cute :D

Lets see how Malari will do as leader!

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Ramsey and Blossomgale have been exalted!

Day 8

Phase 1

Two eager little Fae brothers hover expectantly at the hideout:
Image Lithium (6)
Image and Beryllium (4)

Malari's first time checking out the offerings and she decides that a Fae would indeed be useful! ...but only one. Bye bye Beryl.

In other news Hauki grew up and she is beautiful.

Phase 2

2. There’s Romance in the air. Pick two dragons at random. They are now in a relationship. If one gets exalted, so does the other. Their fates are bound together.

Well well. The rule only says two random dragons and they don't need to nest, so why not let this happen? Seems Armin and Tiger swing the other way and enjoy one another's company more than the girls. Perfect for Pride month.
ImageImage