Potential new hunter pets in WoD

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Re: [Blizzcon] Possible new hunter pets

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Wain wrote: The frogs on the Timeless Isle are already of tameable size, and can appear as your Dire Beast, so there's already nothing to stop them being credible pets :) I may not tame one but I'd definitely like to see them available, as they're something a bit different.
I just hope this does not go the way of the pterrordax, quite a few hunters expressed interest in having one as a pet (before they were even updated) and then they added a brand new model, they were added as a Dire Beast and still left untameable.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

SpiritBinder wrote:
Wain wrote: The frogs on the Timeless Isle are already of tameable size, and can appear as your Dire Beast, so there's already nothing to stop them being credible pets :) I may not tame one but I'd definitely like to see them available, as they're something a bit different.
I just hope this does not go the way of the pterrordax, quite a few hunters expressed interest in having one as a pet (before they were even updated) and then they added a brand new model, they were added as a Dire Beast and still left untameable.

I hope the Pterrordax does not go the way of the Pterrordax. I still hope Kunchong, Mushan and Skyscreamers make it in. For Warlords of Draenor creatures, I already want a lot of them to be tameable, but I doubt it. I mean.. so many interesting designs, even for the 'Riverbeast'. (as Slickrock called it)

Right now, I really hope the Dragonfly turns out to be tameable, because it's awesome, in my opinion.

And the Chimaera. I'm not a huge 'Chimaera' fan. I never was -- but that new model looks -really- awesome and may just have converted me.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
yaginoashi
Realm: Uldaman

Unread post by yaginoashi »

I still want an armored devilsuar.
Yaone
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer

Unread post by Yaone »

I am interested in seeing if the hydras will be included in the new/old draenor. They were there in at least 2 zones I remember and would be a wonderful time to add some new ones ;)
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Moderator wrote:New helboar model. Better texture than the old one. The spikes are higher set, and it has four tusks like an Azeroth boar (original Helboars have two). This model appeared in the promo trailer, and a dungeon preview video, but also Slickrock has seen them in the wild while playing in person. This shot is from the dungeon video and is a bit fuzzy. Slickrock confirms at least four color variants of the boars, "three in the tan/grey/lightgrey variations, and one "frost" version that had some icyness to it".

Oh...my...goodness. If this becomes tameable, I might, like, have to come back to WoW JUST FOR THIS. I cannot explain how much I love this boar!

Crap. Darn you Blizzard, actually making me feel a little excited about your game again!

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Are the new sporebats aquatic/amphibious? I always thought they looked like sea life, long before Zangar was retroactively a sea.

And I too have been disappointed with spirit beasts for a long time. They're all transparent, and not even a good looking transparent. I don't like seeing every polygon from both sides. I don't want to think about my pets as a collection of surfaces. Tortos' daughter would have made a good spirit beast, or some distant nephew of Malorne. Or an electric beaver. I just hope Draenor has some decent skins that can be used for spirit beasts without making all of them 'spectral'.
Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

^ This.
I cannot express how much disapointed I was, that we didn't get the electric beaver SB on the Isle of Thunder. Or a turtle with Tortos model /droll.

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Myrrmi wrote:^ This.
I cannot express how much disapointed I was, that we didn't get the electric beaver SB on the Isle of Thunder. Or a turtle with Tortos model /droll.

^ And with no tameable Kunchong mantid tanks, or pterodactyls, or mushan, or yaks.

(Goda should have been the Tortos model, imo)

Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

As for mushans, I hope to see them tameable in WoD, in a familly with the riverbeasts (if they make them tameable, which they have to do, or I'll go in a tantrum). On the other hand, MoP gave us goats, but not rams, so... /sadpanda

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

I still find MoP very underwhelming in terms of pet additions. I hope WoD is better.

lilaughingwolf
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Zul'gin

Unread post by lilaughingwolf »

I'd say I'm holding my breath in hopes of lots of wonderful new pets but I'd probably pass out before they did it :( So many older models should be tamable too...hydras, most hooved animals (you give us goats..come on Blizz go the whole way..deer, zebra, giraffe, rams, ox...please) so many things we get teased with...we can tame porcupines but not the neat beavers?!...how bout the mushan?...yes we are begging/asking for more stuff...we're hunters...its in our nature to want all the prettyful beasts on WoW at our side <3
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

New pictures of the new boar model. Thanks to http://ruliweb.daum.net/news/view/59325.daum

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Oooh, thanks for sharing Qraljar. They look amazing! I'm very impressed by the models, they're so different from anything we currently have. I like how broad and muscled they look.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Qraljar wrote:New pictures of the new boar model.
/happysigh
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Now that my friends is a boar! *makes grabby hands*

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

I was never a boar fan, but even I want to have a boar pet now. They are so much unlike the older ones. With that said, I sort of hope that, like with 5.1, we'll have a patch in which some new rares are added to the old world for taming purposes. Pandaria models (like tigers, water striders, devilsaurs and more) and WoD models. (like wolves, chimeras, boars. Maybe even the dragonfly, depending on what family it is added to)

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

This is a quote from MMO, though I have only seen the wolf and boar to date...

"I found a lot of monsters from The Burning Crusade that have been updated: Talbuks, Nether rays, Turtles, Larvas, Boars, Sporebats, Wolves, Bees. The new Talbuks and Sporebats models are EPIC."

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Zarola
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Tanaris

Unread post by Zarola »

The video on MMO champion with the toon Letshunt shows a Shadowmoon Stalker - updated wolf with darker coloration. Razorfang hunter - slightly updated model of the Nether Rays. And Wriggling Glowworms.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Qraljar wrote:I sort of hope that, like with 5.1, we'll have a patch in which some new rares are added to the old world for taming purposes. Pandaria models (like tigers, water striders, devilsaurs and more) and WoD models.
I think that would be wonderful! But realistically, it would probably just be Pandaren models. They usually like to save the shiny new stuff for the shiny new zones.

I'm curious about the larvae and bees! I wonder if "bees" is just the way they translated wasp from French, or if we'll be getting some yellow/black stripey-ness?
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I can see now where Hellboars come from XD