Potential new hunter pets in WoD

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Re: Potential new hunter pets in WoD

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Well...there -is- Ghostcrawler...
at least he's not a cat or a wolf?

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

true, but ghostcralwer is still very much a ghost :D

I could live with a spirit tallstrider so long as it wasn't a ghoststrider. I really am holding out hope for elemental themed flying creatures this time. we only have one spirit bird...and he's a ghost. lets get some flames or lighting in those feathers! Or even a spirit of nature that drops little green/autum colored oak leaves when it flies. that would be pretty :)
(also I would sell my soul for a warp stalker spirit beast.)

Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

For some, this is good. For others, disappointing. Well, that depends on whether this means

https://twitter.com/Muffinus/status/471889901042933760

That dragonflies are scrapped. And I think that indeed does mean that the dragonflies (and dragonfly family) are scrapped.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
bluddy
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Alonsus

Unread post by bluddy »

Has anyone got a screenshot or a model of the rylaks?
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Qraljar wrote:For some, this is good. For others, disappointing. Well, that depends on whether this means

https://twitter.com/Muffinus/status/471889901042933760

That dragonflies are scrapped. And I think that indeed does mean that the dragonflies (and dragonfly family) are scrapped.
Wow... I am pretty shocked about this, but in a good way. I'm really glad they could see/identify that the hookwasps were just so similar to the existing wasp family.

And the only "animals" I can see that have a link to the name Rylaks look like this :shock:

which in hind site, look kinda like these :shock:

or

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

I don't know what Rylaks are. But the only indication we have is this:

http://wod.wowhead.com/spell=155459

Which is an icon of the new Chimera model. Obviously, that could just be a placeholder or something unintended. I asked Muffinus about Dragonflies, and whether we won't get the old concept Dragonfly anymore. I also asked him what Rylaks are.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Oh god I hope so!! That would be exciting :) Rylak eggs had been mentioned for ages in the WoD database as an ingredient for new cooking recipes and we'd wondered what it might be. To me it sounded like it could be a name for a type of chimaera but if it's a new family then my bet is on those birds too :) I wonder if it's a pure coincidence that rylak is a bit like a twisted version of "kaliri" backwards :S

Anyway, so far we just know it's an egg-layer. So it could be a gigantic platypus with fangs.

recipe: http://wod.wowhead.com/item=111437
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Unread post by Redith »

I really want to know what the hell a Rylak is lol
Zamochy
Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Zamochy »

Rylaks seem to have the same icon as the iron skyreaver mount icon.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Bunch of other references to rylaks. Still not sure what they are, though: I do wonder if they'll end up being the "other" new chimaera model we've seen. The more reptilian one that the orc was riding at Karabor in one of the earliest video clips we saw. I do hope that model will be available, but personally feels more like another chimaera to me (albeit a rather cool one) and I'm hoping that rylaks really are the giant birds, or something different entirely.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I think we have enough bugs as it is tbh. Silithids, beetles, wasps, shale spiders, regular spiders, scorpids... enough with the bugs already. x___x

And you can't base things on the icons because especially in alpha, it seems like they'll stick any old thing in there when they start. I'd back rylaks being sort of archaeopteryx-lookin' things since there are a few of them about and we don't have anything like that aside from tallstriders which have an extremely different model and feel.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

The fact that we still don't have tamable fuzzy bearded vulture raptors makes me intensely upset. Dream pet/dream raptor/dream everything and no ability to tame them, despite how perfectly they'd fit in to raptors. ;_;

And hmmm, I'm... really thinking that Rylak will be these Chimaera we've been seeing. Which, again, a bit upsetting. They're so similar that they might as well be one family, I really can't think why they'd be split up!

As for the lightning thing- I suspect that's a link to the Lightning Breath thing that chimera have.

But I might be completely wrong! ...I hope I'm completely wrong!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Malackai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU- Kazak

Unread post by Malackai »

Spiritbinder might be on to something tho

The Jikun hatchlings do look a lot like those rylaks tho o.O

and i cant believe it will be a chimera

So its pretty possible we will have those jikun hathies, maybe recolored ravenlord(nonflying) models mobs running around as mobs (remember the quest in hyjal where you had to kill one?)
My flightrising: Flight Rising
My DA page: http://malackai.deviantart.com/
Aggannor
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: EU Wildhammer

Unread post by Aggannor »

New Chimeras are called Rylaks.

Source:
https://twitter.com/Muffinus/status/472052575538532353
Malackai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Aggannor wrote:New Chimeras are called Rylaks.

Source:
so we went from hookwasps/dragon flies looking like normal wasps not warranting to be a new pet family
to updated chimera being an separate chimera family next to the existing family ?! wut sorry they lost me now.....
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Malackai wrote:

Source:
so we went from hookwasps/dragon flies looking like normal wasps not warranting to be a new pet family
to updated chimera being an separate chimera family next to the existing family ?! wut sorry they lost me now.....

I'm asking them if it's really a new family, or if that's just a misunderstanding. Because Chimeras are currently exotic. Technically he didn't say anything other than "Update: Rylaks now tameable(Exotic)", which could still mean they're just a part of the Chimera family.

Malackai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Qraljar wrote:
Malackai wrote:

Source:

I'm asking them if it's really a new family, or if that's just a misunderstanding. Because Chimeras are currently exotic. Technically he didn't say anything other than "Update: Rylaks now tameable(Exotic)", which could still mean they're just a part of the Chimera family.
I asked the same.

But seeing he said earlier chimera's being a "maybe"
You would think he would say something in the lines of "wod chimeras now tamable/added to existing chimera family"
Instead of rylaks now tamable(exotic)

its damn confusing...
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Malackai wrote:
Qraljar wrote:
Malackai wrote:

I asked the same.

But seeing he said earlier chimera's being a "maybe"
You would think he would say something in the lines of "wod chimeras now tamable/added to existing chimera family"
Instead of rylaks now tamable(exotic)

its damn confusing...

Well, we'll see.

Though, if Rylaks are a part of the Chimera family, and Dragonflies are scrapped, with Hook Wasps added to the wasp family, then that leaves us with .. 2 new families? What will replace the Dragonfly?

Though I still hope the Hook Wasp model is just old, and that they've redone it since then, to make a model more fitting for what one would call a Dragonfly. And that they've just decided that throwing the old model away would be a waste.

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Jeremy Feasel ‏@Muffinus · 14h
@Bro_ketsu Update: Rylaks now tameable (exotic). Hook wasps have joined the wasp family. Still no unicorns.
Anyone else catch the thing about hook wasps? Pretty confused now. Does this mean there is going to be a new third family to replace them? Will we be seeing a new model for dragonflies? will we still get slowfall?
What other animals could be picked as the third family!?

Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

SylviaDragon wrote:
Jeremy Feasel ‏@Muffinus · 14h
@Bro_ketsu Update: Rylaks now tameable (exotic). Hook wasps have joined the wasp family. Still no unicorns.
Anyone else catch the thing about hook wasps? Pretty confused now. Does this mean there is going to be a new third family to replace them?

That's what I'm wondering about.

Really, I hope Dragonflies are still gonna be a family, but that the Hook Wasp is just an older iteration that they decided to keep because it would be a waste to throw it away. And they just decided to throw the Hook Wasp in with the Wasp family, while they put a more Dragonfly-ish model into the Dragonfly family.

I really like the Dragonfly concept art, and the pieces of it that we can see on the Gladiator Longbow, so I hope it's not really scrapped.

But yeah. I don't see that as being likely, sadly. :(

And it could be that we're just getting 2 families with WoD then.