Potential new hunter pets in WoD

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Royi

Realm: Ysera

Re: Potential new hunter pets in WoD

Unread post by Royi »

Ickabob wrote:
Royi wrote:
Clayford13 wrote:BAM!
I always wanted a Gyth-like drake mount
You mean Experiment 12-B? Drops off Ultraxion in Dragon Soul.
Thank you, i completely forgot- Wonder if Ultraxion would be soloable at 100 :)
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

Ultraxion is soloable at 90 (I haven't done it personally due to laziness, but I've got some guildmates who do) so it should be fine at 100 as well :B

I'm a little sad about the ghost wolf glyph now using the new model; I was never a fan of the tan coyote but I was SUPER excited about the proper spirit wolf. Granted, I've not played my shaman in nearly two years now (after burning out on her hardcore as my main) so it doesn't affect me very much, but still :(

I wonder if people with existing ghost hydras will have their hydras become hydras, or if they'll stay crocolisks. Not that I think crocs have a very exciting family ability (now OR in 6.0) so it may not matter in the end (and hydras aren't gonna be exotic with current planning), but I've always been Mostly Totally Okay with new hunters having the spirit wolf because it was an entirely different family so they have to play BM to use it whereas I can use mine regardless of which spec I choose to play.

(My little bit of reluctance about it is largely just due to wanting to have it on the hunters that weren't around back then and not wanting to play BM, but I'm one of those people who seriously considers releasing rare pets to pick up the common, won't-set-off-NPCscan versions when they get added so I'm not sure I embody the speshul snowflake all that well :P)
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Xella wrote:Ultraxion is soloable at 90 (I haven't done it personally due to laziness, but I've got some guildmates who do) so it should be fine at 100 as well :B

I'm a little sad about the ghost wolf glyph now using the new model; I was never a fan of the tan coyote but I was SUPER excited about the proper spirit wolf. Granted, I've not played my shaman in nearly two years now (after burning out on her hardcore as my main) so it doesn't affect me very much, but still :(

I wonder if people with existing ghost hydras will have their hydras become hydras, or if they'll stay crocolisks. Not that I think crocs have a very exciting family ability (now OR in 6.0) so it may not matter in the end (and hydras aren't gonna be exotic with current planning), but I've always been Mostly Totally Okay with new hunters having the spirit wolf because it was an entirely different family so they have to play BM to use it whereas I can use mine regardless of which spec I choose to play.

(My little bit of reluctance about it is largely just due to wanting to have it on the hunters that weren't around back then and not wanting to play BM, but I'm one of those people who seriously considers releasing rare pets to pick up the common, won't-set-off-NPCscan versions when they get added so I'm not sure I embody the speshul snowflake all that well :P)
Ghost hydras already were put in the hydra family....eons ago. I'm pretty sure of it. the moment we found out Hydras were a family as because the Ghost Hydra was put into it's own family.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I imagine (or at least hope) that they'll leave a glyph of some sort so if people like they could use the old version of the ghost wolf models? It seems like the proper thing to do, especially as they kept glyphs for the original models of the druid travel form and tree.
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

Xella wrote:I wonder if people with existing ghost hydras will have their hydras become hydras, or if they'll stay crocolisks.
They where changed to the Hydra family with the special skill Bellowing Roar back in patch 4.1 so it's been quite awhile ago. Somewhere around summer 2011 if I recall correctly.
ImageImage
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Not truly a pet thing, but it seems they really do intend for those scaly, tusked clefthooves to be the uncorrupted form of the Outland ones. I did some eagle eye spying into Nagrand and came across a familiar name in an unfamiliar form:

Seems a bit odd but there ya go.
Attachments
Banthar.jpg
Banthar.jpg (81.79 KiB) Viewed 2762 times
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

That’s actually very cool :D

Really puts him in context for BC as the lord of the Clefties, he's been around for quite some time it seems.... or did he just get the wizard treatment?

Banthar the Grey ------> Banthar the White? :D

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Except she's red on live :) She was white earlier on, but had a dye job :)
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

wait what? Banthar the Red?!? ... I'm so behind the 8 ball -_-

­
­
­
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

you shall not pass?

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Aggannor
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: EU Wildhammer

Unread post by Aggannor »

Castile wrote:you shall not pass?
More like "you shall not tame".
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Aggannor wrote:
Castile wrote:you shall not pass?
More like "you shall not tame".
^^^^^^

So tired of the "YOU SHALL NOT TAME" line from Blizzard. *snerk*

Wain wrote:Except she's red on live :) She was white earlier on, but had a dye job :)

And what's wrong with a gal getting a dye job?? :lol: :?

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

Spirit of Atha - TAMEABLE (again!)

again? ooo
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Ziroth wrote:Spirit of Atha - TAMEABLE (again!)

again? ooo
Atha was tameable waaaaay back when wrath came out cause she was mistaken as a crocolisk. as was the slime.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Joonces
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring

Unread post by Joonces »

Saw this on MMO-Champion this morning:
Hunter
Kinda noticed the new RFK Blind Hunter Bat Model. Will Hunters be able to tame it? x:
Yes! (Muffinus)
What model are they referring to? (Apologies if it was posted here -- this topic is 45 pages long and I may have missed it!)
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Joonces wrote:Saw this on MMO-Champion this morning:
Hunter
Kinda noticed the new RFK Blind Hunter Bat Model. Will Hunters be able to tame it? x:
Yes! (Muffinus)
What model are they referring to? (Apologies if it was posted here -- this topic is 45 pages long and I may have missed it!)

Well, we were already told earlier than that, that the model would be tameable in WoD, and the model they're talking about is this one:

Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Kayb »

Ooooh reeeeeally? Time to think up some new bat names me thinks!
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I've seen lots of those new bats in the game, in a few of the colours, but unfortunately none so far (including the Razorfen ones) have been tameable. Hopefully they will be soon :)
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

Coming back to the new Shaman [Spectral] Wolf, after closer investigation, Wain and I have come to the conclusion that this new spectral version does not use a new/separate skin like the "Sandy" non-glyphed version does, in fact uses the pre-existing "Shadow" skin, which is that of the Black Draenor Wolf.

What it does however, is have a new effect added to the model which not dissimilar to what effects are added to your character when you use items like Ai-Li's Skymirror. The Shaman Spectral wolf is simply a black looking Draenor Wolf, with a more intense version of this visual.

The biggest give away regarding the base model being the black wolf if the eyes. It has the same green/blue eyes and also the same yellow colour to the lower eyelid area. This does however open a nice big can of worms regarding this new type of effect could be added to all or any other pre-existing pet models, which in turn, may just end up tameable.
Well one can dream ;)

(And a big thanks to Wain for "Working It" for the camera for these shots, though to be honest those models can be so demanding... do you know how hard it is to find fresh sushi and lightly sparling mineral water in Frostfire Ridge!?!)

­
­
­
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

I expect you're 100% right about which skin is used for the shaman's wolf form. There is a way to test conclusively. If you use a potion of illusion targeting a player with a "shimmery" effect like the sky-mirror and that wolf form, then the second player will have the same model and skin, but without the shimmery effect. (I think. A guildie did that to me when I was a pink-yaungol and they ended up normal skinned).