Potential new hunter pets in WoD

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Re: Potential new hunter pets in WoD

Unread post by Ickabob »

Wain wrote:Added the new raptors...
I want that one. He's amazing!
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Jeremy (@Muffinus) just showed off the stag. It looks so great next to Night Elves. Also in the picture: a familiar face with a new coating of paint and some more! It might be an old prototype, like how the Night Elf female alpha model was in the files, but was replaced by a new one, but it's something that we probably didn't expect to see:

Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Akyo
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Altar of storms

Unread post by Akyo »

Qraljar wrote:Jeremy (@Muffinus) just showed off the stag. It looks so great next to Night Elves. Also in the picture: a familiar face with a new coating of paint and some more! It might be an old prototype, like how the Night Elf female alpha model was in the files, but was replaced by a new one, but it's something that we probably didn't expect to see:

The hope is up!

While this feature of the Grimtotem Spirit Guide wasn't exactly intended... - it will still be possible in future for everyone who wishes to tame this NPC to do so
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Ahhhhhh! new raptors? yes! stags on the way? yes! little ji-kuns? YES!
I was kind of upset at the start of beta due to their choice to make chimeras the "third" pet family but I am quite happy now. I think I would prefer the new terrorclaws in the raptor family. at least the grounded ones would make good raptors anyway. I approve of adding the shale worms to "shale beasts." I would prefer using the worm rather than the spider and i recall a few of us talking about turning the shale spider family into a shale beast family not long agao. Looking forward to that one!

As far as the discussion on pet families that need more variety, I am starting to wonder if perhaps we will start to see family merging in the future. maybe not this xpack- but we do have quite a few similar families now and with so many similar buffs and abilities coming in wod it really wouldn't hurt to bring some families together for the sake of simplifying things while broadening the variety in a family. (for example you could make a canine family for dogs and foxes- maybe wolves, although they have been standing well on their own. cranes and tallstriders could also make some kind of land-based bird themed family.) just some open pondering of course.

on another note: It would seem that blizz has reached the point where the old content has gotten so old and their new graphics capabilities so good that they have had to start leaning away from reusing old skins and models and instead start making new ones to fill in for them so that they don't look out of place in the new content. I know they do this every xpack but this time around seemed to be filled to the bring with new shinys to enjoy. granted there are still some old models still lurking around in this new world but the bottom line translates to: new pet models for all the hunters!
I am getting really excited for this xpack and really appreciate all the hard work going into this. I am curious to see if they will ever start replacing old world beasts with the updated models- like these new raptors we are seeing. either way I am excited to get into Wod and enjoy all this new stuff!

Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Unread post by Redith »

Kurasu wrote:
Redith wrote: Come on....We need more dogs
There are 15 dogs, plus the one unused 'muscle-grey' one!
Let me rephrase, we need more dog MODELS. We have the ..."mastiffs" and then the developers went...crap...umm slap those weird zombie wolf things into the family
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Akyo wrote:
Kayro wrote:Guys! He's small, but we can tame clefthooves! Image
actually...he's rather large, but still ^.^
for comparison. Lil clefthoof runtie :3 that's his name now. Runtie. Plus, charia is looking mighty fine in her new gear. Bright pink...bleh
But that is a druid. not a hunter. Companion pet then.
Hehe I know. I'm just messing with ya :lol: I certainly hope Clefthooves, if they become tamable, don't shrink to that size :/ at least allow them to be big and bulky. Unlike what happens with some of the more 'tanky' pets
ShootsAlot
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Sargeras

Unread post by ShootsAlot »

I don't know if you're here Veph, but I found you a little something while in the Spires of Arak who was trying to rip me apart. (It's currently listed as untamable though)

What did the buffalo say when his son left? Simple: Bison
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

ShootsAlot wrote:I don't know if you're here Veph, but I found you a little something while in the Spires of Arak who was trying to rip me apart. (It's currently listed as untamable though)

I think there are some tameable black ravagers already, but I just want to say, with this zoomed-in screenshot, that the new ravager models are absolutely amazing.

ShootsAlot
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Sargeras

Unread post by ShootsAlot »

Qraljar wrote:
ShootsAlot wrote:I don't know if you're here Veph, but I found you a little something while in the Spires of Arak who was trying to rip me apart. (It's currently listed as untamable though)

I think there are some tameable black ravagers already, but I just want to say, with this zoomed-in screenshot, that the new ravager models are absolutely amazing.
Thank you, by the way I also ran into the new Kaliri Model which like the ravager is also untamable at the moument.
What did the buffalo say when his son left? Simple: Bison
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Ee, yes, I love that black ravager model so much. :) I tamed one of the ones from the Ashran area:
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Vephriel wrote:Ee, yes, I love that black ravager model so much. :) I tamed one of the ones from the Ashran area:

Even if blood elves are usually small compared to pets, ravagers seem to be exceptionally large. That makes me happy, and I hope it stays that way!

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

ShootsAlot wrote: Thank you, by the way I also ran into the new Kaliri Model which like the ravager is also untamable at the moument.
I do hope they fix their beak..... I did notice they only open properly on one side in the WMV, like it has its "Bird lip" snagged on something on the left side :|

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Just went to check stuff on the beta.

Teroclaw is not tameable.
Teroclaw Chick is not tameable.
No Gyreworms are tameable.
No Clefthooves (outlands, frostfire) are tamable.
No Stags (Mists) are tameable.
Toucans have correct body colors.
Aettis
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Emerald Dream

Unread post by Aettis »

Hopefully they become tameable soon!

I know it's not directly related to Draenor, but I'm curious if we can get the fossil raptors tameable as well. The whole "undead" argument no longer works with all of the various ghosts, zombies, and skeletal beasts we have now. Tweeted Muffinus about it! Feel free to jump on the tweet if yer curious too.
Ren of <Haven>, US Proudmoore
Melissa
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring EU

Unread post by Melissa »

The ones in Spires of Arak may not be flagged properly yet, but I went to explore Nagrand a little tonight and...

Just need to level a bit!
I have a Tumblr!
I no longer main my Hunter; Legion changes have unfortunately put me off from the class. However I still plan to stick around for the community here ^^
My Current Main! (Updated once more as I switched factions!)
Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Ickabob »

Qraljar wrote:Jeremy (@Muffinus) just showed off the stag. It looks so great next to Night Elves. Also in the picture: a familiar face with a new coating of paint and some more! It might be an old prototype, like how the Night Elf female alpha model was in the files, but was replaced by a new one, but it's something that we probably didn't expect to see:

Stags?! Any word on what family they'll be in? (I'd assume they'd get their own new family.)
Bendak
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Bendak »

Looks like they've started to add in Dire Beast summons. In Shadowmoon I've gotten Void Wolf, pearltusk, firefly, and one of the black owls:

The pearltusk is currently HUGE :)

Eyes of the Beast - My Hunter Blog
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

STAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

Ickabob wrote:

Stags?! Any word on what family they'll be in? (I'd assume they'd get their own new family.)
We were told they'd most likely be in their own family, which would also include Talbuks, that is, if they go through.

But I doubt they would cut if it they're already working on it.

Anyway, with the talk of potentially tameable Talbuks and Clefthooves, a few things I've wanted to see:

Kodos: Lore wise, Tauren already tame them. You could lump them in with the Rhinos and simply rename the family to Gargantuans or something.

Elekks: Also something I'd like to see one day, but I doubt we'll ever see. Could also be lumped into a Gargantuan family. Gives that family as much variation as cats or wolves, for example.

Hawkstrider: The Tallstrider family needs some new models. If the concept art tallstrider was scrapped, any chance of seeing some of the armorless hawkstrider models being added as new tallstriders?

More Dinosaurs, AKA The Diemetradon and Pterodaxes. Just because if we can tame Direhorns, why not them as well?

Beavers: Why were these not made tameable? That made no sense.

And last but not least, the main one I hope one day is tameable: Snails. I find them adorable, there's quite a few that are labeled as beasts and not critters.

That and the baby hippo. v_v I hope so much they keep that tameable, just scale it down to a proper size.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

With the latest tweets indicating that stags, talbuks and clefthooves are likely to become tameable (but not 100% confirmed) I've added them all to the OP under a "rumoured" heading. Hopefully we'll know more about their confirmation and family structure very soon :)

There are other models, like rams or gazelles, that may be included, but I'm not aware that anything has been said about them and have left them out for now. Only the groups that have been mentioned explicitly are listed. Please let me know if any other models have been specifically mentioned as potentials.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.