Potential new hunter pets in WoD

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Protego
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst

Re: Potential new hunter pets in WoD

Unread post by Protego »

What's the name of that pink moth in the War Lords beta? Thank you! I've recently gotten into butterflies in real life here. ^__^
Robot Wars is renewed for 6 episodes! I love some Exotic pets! And I hate spiders for.. "pets"!

The Insect Man
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by The Insect Man »

Well we can't tame does. At least we can tame rays...
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I've been waiting 9 years for this moment. ;u;

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Vephriel wrote:I've been waiting 9 years for this moment. ;u;

*flaps arms* why am I not on Beta? :cry: stags look so noble beside a hunter. I need one! He suits you so much, the way you two are just staring into each other's eyes. I think he agrees with your statement. He's been waiting 9 years for that moment.

Alrighty Pandarian stags. I saw the green looking one. And I fell in love. But the white deer/stag is gorgeous. But the talbuks are amazing! I need all of them! Hurry up Draenor! Get here already! Being doomed to wait several more days after release because my computer won't be able to handle the people suddenly doesn't seem so bad. I'll have hydras and stags galore! And Talbuks! And-*dies on the floor*
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Veph, you need to tweet that image to Muffinus... ;D
Account has been closed at user's request.
Vephriel

Ahaha, I have no idea how to use twitter, but I'm sure he's lurking around here somewhere. :D
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Oh my gosh veph! It finally happened! That black stag looks amazing. So noble and mysterious. It fits you so well. I can't wait to tame my own. I remember first coming across those guys as a little level 15 free trial hunter and trying to tame them. I have used beast lore on them every time I have vised the zone throughout the years in hopes that one day i could tame one. I was a little worried they wouldn't hold up well next to the newer models but they look nice.

On another note- wow look as those wasps!I think its time that my old friend Nightlight makes a return with a fancy new color.

Vephriel

This might just be one of my most anticipated pets ever, I won't lie. I don't care if the model's old, I've been in love with these stags since Vanilla. ♥

Had to take some proper screenshots with a good location and transmog. :)

Miacoda
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

Aaaaaaahhhhhhh Veph you and that stag look so great together! The first screenshot you posted with them looking at each other and the "waiting for nine years" comment just had me going "AAAAWWWWWWWWWWW"

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Vephriel wrote:Image
Good god what a striking screenshot, amazing! :shock:
Nikrosnil
Haiku Master
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Nikrosnil »

Awwww, the two of you look so perfect together, I can see what you mean! Those are some eye-catching screenshots, I am very jealous of you right now, wish I had a beta key!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Slickrock wrote:Muffinus: Here's a whole bunch of new colorations, 3 new families (counting hydras), several new models.. and more!
Petopia community: Well I'd really like to tame that one, but there's a slight hitch in the model if you zoom in, and the resused an old texture for that one that obviously doesn't fit and it's at least 3 shades too cyan and really the beast has no reason to be in that zone it's like they don't even study ecosystems and we need more stable slot fewer stable slots and I want that one there why wasn't that included and we really should have given us this family instead and I know I could build a better model than that and....
Actually, I think the response to them has been pretty positive. I do wonder if those tigers are intended to have effects we haven't seen yet, though. The red patterns are just suggestive of it.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

The Insect Man wrote:Well we can't tame does. At least we can tame rays...
Gah, I nearly missed that ;)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Magnakilro
Realm: Eonar

Unread post by Magnakilro »

News: In Talador...the Duskwing moth trio on the one little island are now all the lighter blue new model with white highlights. And tameable. However this removes 2 unused models from the game: Yellow body+beige wings and beige body+yellow wings.

Talador also has the new model red with white highlight moth...untameable. Replaces the Blue body + yellow wing moths that used to be there

Talador also has untameable pink moths flying up in the air.

Nagrand has the new red+white highlight moths AND the new dark blue + white moths. Both untameable

Talador's ridge Stalkers are now the grey-ish white tigers with red stripes. Tameable.

Talador's vignette tiger Ra'khan is now black with red stripes. Tameable.
Avatar made by the awesome Senna-umbreon
moonone
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Uldum

Unread post by moonone »

Not sure if this is a new paint job or not - very similar to the red dragonhawk but I thought there were some small differences - maybe it is because he is so big? At least you can put down a new mob with the red dragonhawk skin if that's what it is - ???
front view
back view

- I have to remember to up my graphics settings when taking shots - I run on low cause that's how I roll :D

- went back into new dungeon and double checked wasps - they are certainly the dragonflygreen skins

(kitty says hi in the background of 2nd pic :D)
Jhonny Lopes
Realm: Azralon

Unread post by Jhonny Lopes »

Can anyone please confirm if we can tame deers? Some of them are flagged as beasts and not as critters, and i would love to have one pet with that running animation, like this one http://www.wowhead.com/npc=883#.

Also, i remember that i had found a Gazzele in pandaria once that had the same running animation from those deers somewere near the Vale of Eternal blossoms (im not sure, going to search it tomorrow)

Please can someone test it? ><
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Jhonny Lopes wrote:Can anyone please confirm if we can tame deers? Some of them are flagged as beasts and not as critters, and i would love to have one pet with that running animation, like this one http://www.wowhead.com/npc=883#.

Also, i remember that i had found a Gazzele in pandaria once that had the same running animation from those deers somewere near the Vale of Eternal blossoms (im not sure, going to search it tomorrow)

Please can someone test it? ><
they were confirmed as untamable a page or two back. many of the critters became beasts with diets which is encouraging, but no they can not be tamed right now.
I think it may have something to do with how old the model is. when blown up to a more tamer-friendly size they get kind of grainy and their eyes look glued to the top of their forehead.

Jhonny Lopes
Realm: Azralon

Unread post by Jhonny Lopes »

Thank you for the reply Sylvia. Anyways, i will try to find the Gazelle that i saw with the deer animations, since Natchwulf tamed one i think we could try. if i find it i will reply here.

Still, Muffinus said that deer would be on Stags family one this tweet when he said that stags would be tameable: https://twitter.com/Sulfurian/status/484503928994660352

Maybe they can add deers later? *crossing fingers*

And i saw now the posts about this, i'm sorry ><
Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

Unread post by Zangor »

moonone wrote:Not sure if this is a new paint job or not - very similar to the red dragonhawk but I thought there were some small differences - maybe it is because he is so big? At least you can put down a new mob with the red dragonhawk skin if that's what it is - ???
front view
back view

- I have to remember to up my graphics settings when taking shots - I run on low cause that's how I roll :D

- went back into new dungeon and double checked wasps - they are certainly the dragonflygreen skins

(kitty says hi in the background of 2nd pic :D)

not a dragonhawk thats a windserpent and its in an already existing color. but maybe it will get a unique color or something later on.
Miacoda
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

WHAT THE HECK CAN I KEEP IT?????

(Savage Warwolf, only one of them that I've seen and it's running around Telaar in Nagrand)
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_080614_003653.jpg
WoWScrnShot_080614_003653.jpg (42.35 KiB) Viewed 2818 times
WoWScrnShot_080614_003409.jpg
WoWScrnShot_080614_003409.jpg (41.26 KiB) Viewed 2818 times

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr