Potential new hunter pets in WoD

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Re: Potential new hunter pets in WoD

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

So the Driftwatcher Rylaks that are near your garrison are tamable. Except when I tamed one... er. Well, see for yourself.

I wish Blizzard would make up their miiiiiinds... XD
ARE RYLAKS CHIMERAS OR NOOOOT....

That said, he is fuzzy and I <3 him.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

AHHHHHHHHHH! i should not get too excited about this because I have not seen anything official and it could just be a soul-crushing bug- but if it is I will be so frikkin happy! >.< can I get any confirmation on the consistency of this? any patch notes? tweets? secretive blue whispers?
If they go back into their proper chimera family I will have to go thank them personally.

Bendak
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Bendak »

SylviaDragon wrote:AHHHHHHHHHH! i should not get too excited about this because I have not seen anything official and it could just be a soul-crushing bug- but if it is I will be so frikkin happy! >.< can I get any confirmation on the consistency of this? any patch notes? tweets? secretive blue whispers?
If they go back into their proper chimera family I will have to go thank them personally.
They just haven't switched them over to Rylak yet, they've been Chimaera's since alpha. The Rylak abilities are already there as of a couple patches ago. It'll probably be switched over whenever they do the big taming pass.
Eyes of the Beast - My Hunter Blog
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

The family name "Rylak" is in the database and has an icon assigned, but the fact they haven't switched any of them over does make me wonder if they're reconsidering it now and are delaying making a decision. I do hope this is the case as the feedback has been overwhelmingly... not very positive... on people accepting that they're not chimaeras. But also they've introduced bunch of other cool families now, which have most people very happy, and they don't especially need this one for bulk.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Bendak
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Bendak »

Wain wrote:The family name "Rylak" is in the database and has an icon assigned, but the fact they haven't switched any of them over does make me wonder if they're reconsidering it now and are delaying making a decision. I do hope this is the case as the feedback has been overwhelmingly... not very positive... on people accepting that they're not chimaeras. But also they've introduced bunch of other cool families now, which have most people very happy, and they don't especially need this one for bulk.
I don't care either way, as long as we get to keep that slow fall ability. If they did keep them Chimaera's, maybe they could replace Frostrstorm Breath with the slowfall. The breath ability is basically pointless now since Beast Cleave does orders of magnitude more damage, and it's a channeled ability which cancels out any beast cleavin'.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Plus since they upgraded exotics to three abilities, chimerae only have 2 atm... honestly, I'd like to see them drop frostfire breath entirely and replace it with something else. Flutter/updraft/whatever for one and some kind of statboost for the other (since currently all they have is a slow).

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Wain wrote:The family name "Rylak" is in the database and has an icon assigned, but the fact they haven't switched any of them over does make me wonder if they're reconsidering it now and are delaying making a decision. I do hope this is the case as the feedback has been overwhelmingly... not very positive... on people accepting that they're not chimaeras. But also they've introduced bunch of other cool families now, which have most people very happy, and they don't especially need this one for bulk.
Even the flavor text for Iron Skyreaver...

""Iron Horde beastmasters bred this chimaera for war and then girded it for battle in black steel and smoldering flame."
Bendak
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Bendak »

Nachtwulf wrote:Plus since they upgraded exotics to three abilities, chimerae only have 2 atm... honestly, I'd like to see them drop frostfire breath entirely and replace it with something else. Flutter/updraft/whatever for one and some kind of statboost for the other (since currently all they have is a slow).
Actually Chimaera's have multistrike buff now, so they do have 3, even if the one is still pointless. Buff is called Duality.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Equeon wrote:
Even the flavor text for Iron Skyreaver...
""Iron Horde beastmasters bred this chimaera for war and then girded it for battle in black steel and smoldering flame."
And interestingly, in the beta, the Iron Skyreaver is named the Iron Chimera. There are actually a few mount renames and I'm yet to confirm if they're intended or just old names that were only changed on live after the beta forked. Unfortunately I'm still not sure who to approach about mount stuff.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Sickhuntz56
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Sickhuntz56 »

What exactly are all of the rylak abilities? Besides the slow fall. Is it just the same abilities as chimera?

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Bendak wrote: I don't care either way, as long as we get to keep that slow fall ability. If they did keep them Chimaera's, maybe they could replace Frostrstorm Breath with the slowfall. The breath ability is basically pointless now since Beast Cleave does orders of magnitude more damage, and it's a channeled ability which cancels out any beast cleavin'.
OOoOOo that's actually a really good idea, just pass on the slowfall ability to the Chimaera. :) Might be worth mentioning that to the Muff'ster as an option?

Personally Iit seems to me the Rylaks are just a way to add another exotic family to the list for WoD, which to be fair is totally awesome that they hope/want to do that. But for me I'd actually much prefer to just pop the Rylaks in the Chimera family and just not have to force them into a new family for the sake of having another exotic family.
However that said I REALLY love the concept of a having a pet buff us with slowfall, and would be quite sad to loose that if that would be it's consequence.

Also, thus far, we have already had soooo many new beasts made tamable (Seriously Spoilt!), it's not like they need to bump numbers with a new family. And then looking forward, if they go ahead with the Rylak family, would the models that we have now be the be all and end all for the family? Being essentially only from Draenor, once the expansion is over, would their family go the way of the Sporebat and become increasingly difficult to ever add to due to it's native origin?

I do like the concept of the breath as chimeras are well known for it, I just hope they review it somehow so it's not completely over shadowed bu beast cleave and made an actual detriment to ones DPS if used.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Orrrr, there's always the option of giving the slow fall to the Pterrorwings. ;)
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Equeon wrote:Orrrr, there's always the option of giving the slow fall to the Pterrorwings. ;)
That's a really good idea, actually. But I want pterrorwings so badly I'll take anything :lol:

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Stop trying to make "Pterrorwings" happen!

It's not gonna happen.
:lol:

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

If Pterrorwings are tamable as exotic, I will come full force back into WOW as a Troll Huntress and would try or die trying to get the new sexy raptor mount.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Lupen202 wrote:
Equeon wrote:Orrrr, there's always the option of giving the slow fall to the Pterrorwings. ;)
That's a really good idea, actually. But I want pterrorwings so badly I'll take anything :lol:
Yes yes. :D
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Bendak wrote:
I don't care either way, as long as we get to keep that slow fall ability. If they did keep them Chimaera's, maybe they could replace Frostrstorm Breath with the slowfall. The breath ability is basically pointless now since Beast Cleave does orders of magnitude more damage, and it's a channeled ability which cancels out any beast cleavin'.

Froststorm Breath doesn't need a target, so you can hit stealthed rogues and druids. Especially if they're being a nuisance sapper.
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Was i missing something then when it comes to froststorm? I tested it out on a dummy and beast cleave can be active while casting froststorm. i saw the damage from both pop up and quartz was showing casts bars for both abilities in progress.

honestly slow fall could be given to any number of winged pets. I am personally hoping for a skyscreamer/roc/phenoix family to take its place but at this point we have so many long-awaited families coming in that if they just tossed the rylak back in with the chimeras and didn't give us an exotic this xpack (or added one in in a later patch) i would have no complaints.

i do find it curious that while they have had time to label things such as ravagers and stags as tamable within their proper families the wod chimeras have remained labeled as chimeras even though their "rylak" family should more or less be ready to go. is it an issue of them just not bothering with the small things right now or are they wary of the feedback and sitting on the fence about them?

pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Xota wrote:
Bendak wrote:

Froststorm Breath doesn't need a target, so you can hit stealthed rogues and druids. Especially if they're being a nuisance sapper.
This. Froststorm and Burrow are stealth breaking abilities
Dekota
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Kirin Tor

Unread post by Dekota »

SpiritBinder wrote:Stop trying to make "Pterrorwings" happen!

It's not gonna happen.
:lol:
Blizz said the same thing about Hydras ^__^