Potential new hunter pets in WoD

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Re: Potential new hunter pets in WoD

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Even if my group needs a buff, my entire guild knows I'll be using a carrion bird EXCLUSIVELY from now on, unless I need to bring out a Hydra for the what, Mastery or whatever? Either way, I'm always going to have out my Teroclaw Chick unless the Hydra is needed. I just might ditch every hunter pet except those two since the others will never see the light of day again.

Carrion Birds may be the most useless hunter pet for PvE, but I'm the most useless raider in my guild. FAIR TRADE!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Just to let you know, the two new Jormungar looks ARE copied over to the mobile "larva" Jormungar model now. Actually they may have been for some time. I was checking for the wrong files names. (Unlike the rest of the skins, the file names don't have "larva" in them.)

That means we could hopefully see tameable versions of both soon. Cross fingers :)

Image Image
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Awesome!!!!

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Rozzana
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Shattered Hand, Elune

Unread post by Rozzana »

*bring up buffs and OQ*

I was always the buff pinata :lol:
Had to carry a spirit beast, a snake, a devilsaur, a sporebat, and a quilen (( for a spare Brez )) at ALL times :P
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

WerebearGuy wrote:Even if my group needs a buff, my entire guild knows I'll be using a carrion bird EXCLUSIVELY from now on, unless I need to bring out a Hydra for the what, Mastery or whatever? Either way, I'm always going to have out my Teroclaw Chick unless the Hydra is needed. I just might ditch every hunter pet except those two since the others will never see the light of day again.

Carrion Birds may be the most useless hunter pet for PvE, but I'm the most useless raider in my guild. FAIR TRADE!
Pretty much exactly my plan! :lol:

I really hope we see those jormunger colors. ADORE them!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Kayro wrote:I don't care what they are, I shall have one ;) as someone said with the stags however, sometimes in PvE you needn't bring a buff pet, and so you can drag along your bloodthirsty Terroclaw if you'd like :D

*waits for people to bring up buffs and OQ*
Oh, absolutely, the debuff's utility (or lack thereof) won't stop me from making a Teroclaw Hatchling and Kil'uun two of my regulars. I've wanted to tame those the moment their models were first datamined pre-5.2.

It's just that I have already have two scorpids, a devilsaur, and a carrion bird. Come WoD I'll tame two new carrion birds and a riverbeast.
I would love if a good chunk of my stable could bring something that will actually be useful in most situations ;)

However, Wain's earlier post gives me great hope for the ability to change slightly in the future. We can only wait and see!
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

I'm still in favour of a dire beast minor glyph that pulls from your extended stable instead of the 3-4 looks specific to the zone you're in. It won't solve the "this family is useless in ___" arguments but it'd definitely help the "I have all these pets I really like but I never get to see them because I'm on buff duty" complaint a bit. Well, unless DB is the worst option on the tier again but whatever, can't win them all haha :x

Buff or not I'm kind of glad they're carrion birds because CB always seems a lot less attractive, looks-wise. There's SO MANY really gorgeous birds of prey but I think only two? carrion birds I really like.

...Still not as bad as dogs, though. wtb pre-WoD riverbeast tucked away somewhere so I don't have to go tame a dog or gorilla for interim stats :(
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

I just wish that carrion birds would get a new buff entirely. Teroclaws do fit really well in that family, after all. But as an avid raider, I find myself having to carry a "useful" pet in every slot... Usually a wolf, spirit beast, sporebat and a snake. That fifth slot I sometimes use for a corehound for lust, quillen for brez, etc.

I'll definitely be using my teroclaw while I level, as well as in heroic dungeons and lfr. But when people in normal raiding expect me to have a certain buff then I can't say no. :(

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Ickabob »

Look on the bright side. All non mythic raids will be flexible, so you can sport a larger raid size. So hopefully more buffs will already be covered and maybe you can still bring your favorite pet. Also if you run mythic 20 mans, every buff should be covered anyway. Let's also not forget many classes/specs bring at least two buffs now, so that'll help.

As for the carrion bird's debuff.... Every now and again there are PVE encounters (as rare as they might be) where the boss can heal, so that debuff wouldn't be totally useless.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

The WoD summary page on Petopia is now updated for carrion birds and other things. We can easily see which looks aren't yet available (or at least discovered!):
http://www.wow-petopia.com/wodsummary.php

Anything found over the last day or so won't count yet.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I'll hopefully have info on Silthide soon, the blue river beast rare that drops a mount. I am actively camping it, so I will update if I can ever find the dumb thing :lol:. I hope they didn't flag him or any of the other mount dropping rare beasts as tameable, thats just a recipe for disaster.
Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

Not gonna lie, being required to bring buffs all the time makes me wish we had access to our full stables at all times a-la mount/minipet journal.

More pets would be tamed and see the light of day from me if that was the case.
ImageImage
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

I just noticed my teroclaw chick makes little screeches as it runs.

*dies*

Can it get any cuter?

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Devilsaur can feast, and cats can prowl. Hyenas, and carrion birds should be able to scavenge like devilsaur's too'
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

Sorry this isn't exactly a WoD question

Does anyone know if the Ragemaw Worgs in the 90 queue version of UBRS will be tameable. Or are they too high level or just not tameable Sorry if it's been mention in the thread, I haven't been keeping up on it.

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Scarlet wrote:Sorry this isn't exactly a WoD question
Does anyone know if the Ragemaw Worgs in the 90 queue version of UBRS will be tameable. Or are they too high level or just not tameable Sorry if it's been mention in the thread, I haven't been keeping up on it.
I know there are worgs just inside the entrance that are flagged tameable, but I went in at level 90 and I'm not sure if they are in practice :)
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

hay did we ever find out if that "rare" wod ghost talbuck could be tamed or not?

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

SylviaDragon wrote:hay did we ever find out if that "rare" wod ghost talbuck could be tamed or not?
If you are referring to Shinri, its undead :(

http://wod.wowhead.com/npc=82415
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Quivering wrote:
SylviaDragon wrote:hay did we ever find out if that "rare" wod ghost talbuck could be tamed or not?
If you are referring to Shinri, its undead :(

http://wod.wowhead.com/npc=82415
ah ok thank you. what a shame. its the only talbuck I like. maybe we will see one like it some other time.

Miralynn

Unread post by Miralynn »

Are stags and talbuks still tameable? None of the official info posted today, or in WoWhead's patch 6.0.2 guide, seems to mention stags at all. I see they're still flagged as confirmed tameable here, but they're completely missing from the patch notes. I am gonna be one sad hunter if I can't go get that pet deer I was planning on.