Potential new hunter pets in WoD

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Re: Potential new hunter pets in WoD

Unread post by Kurasu »

Actually, Blizz said it wasn't going to happen until they had new models. Well, now they have new models.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

I doubt pterrorwings are going to happen... at release. If the Titans (or bizarro Titans, if Draenor is in a whole duplicate universe) visited Draenor in the past, then maybe they put more dinos on Draenor than just raptors. Farahlon's version of Direhorn taming, perhaps? Or maybe we just have to cross our fingers for 7.0.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

The thing Is, is that we don't need pterrorwings on draenor to have them become tamable... I'd understand them wanting them to be current (or to have more models to add to their new family, if one is made) but what's so wrong with making the MoP ones tamable for the time being? They could even add some rare pterrorwings around MoP like they've done before by adding new rares to Azeroth zones.

They make so much sense as a hunter pet. Despite using the proto model their wings are kept close to their bodies and as shown by the rare on Thunder isle who has one as a pet, they can be shrunk down to a decent size and still look bad ass.

But Farahlon would be a pretty nice place to introduce more pterrorwings (or a new model that is still very pterrorwing-esque), and make them tamable. I just don't want to wait. :lol: And is Farahlon even a guarantee? Could've sworn it was moved down to a "maybe".

*sadface*

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Every patch I go check the red ravagers near Lunarfall.

Every patch they remain untamable.

I don't know why this frustrates me so badly but it really does.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Aettis
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Emerald Dream

Unread post by Aettis »

On the topic of pterrowings, I could've sworn there were pterrowings on Draenor at one point. Did they get removed?
Ren of <Haven>, US Proudmoore
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Bendak wrote:
SylviaDragon wrote:AHHHHHHHHHH! i should not get too excited about this because I have not seen anything official and it could just be a soul-crushing bug- but if it is I will be so frikkin happy! >.< can I get any confirmation on the consistency of this? any patch notes? tweets? secretive blue whispers?
If they go back into their proper chimera family I will have to go thank them personally.
They just haven't switched them over to Rylak yet, they've been Chimaera's since alpha. The Rylak abilities are already there as of a couple patches ago. It'll probably be switched over whenever they do the big taming pass.

Not to mention, there's still some weird moments taming pets. I tamed a wolf in Shadowmoon Valley and it swore it was a Warp Stalker o_O

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

Rikaku wrote: Not to mention, there's still some weird moments taming pets. I tamed a wolf in Shadowmoon Valley and it swore it was a Warp Stalker o_O
There's wolves in shadowmoon?

Siggy under construction!

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Yeah. Currently the black new-worg and then the green fel worg. I didn't think either one was tamable (I know the green one isn't)

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I do wonder if all the green "fel" wolves will become Aberrations, except for one rare beast version, much like is supposed to happen with the void wolves. Maybe it won't, but I wouldn't be too surprised if it did.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Keely43
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Eonar

Unread post by Keely43 »

November 13th is the release,and the new cinematic is out. Sadly there hasn't been much about pets now..
Siggy and Avatar under CoNsTrUcTiOn!!

IT'S GONNA BE AWESOME! Just keep waiting.
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Aettis wrote:On the topic of pterrowings, I could've sworn there were pterrowings on Draenor at one point. Did they get removed?
i remember seeing some back in the very first days of alpha. their models were minded from the database. along with a few zandalari trolls i think.
There were murmurs of a continued plot with said trolls, way, way back at the start of things but nothing was ever confirmed by blues and no one has found any evidence of dino or rider since than. I have not seen anything. although they would fit in quite nice in.. gorgrond? was that the jungle place with all the raptors?

perhaps we will see them later on. its kind of tradition to have some troll-themed fight in each xpack and all their little pets will tag along then. :lol:

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

I quite like trolls, and I wouldn't be surprised if we saw them again. I'd like an updated raptor mount that's not from PvP or something like that. I saw a troll on the isle of thunder walking along with a loyal pterrowing. I died a little inside. Yes, they've got a funny walk animation but there's no reason why not. They've got all the animations, expect swimming, but that's on the mount versions. They'd look odd so small, and I'd love to see them larger than normal pets, but as long as we get one I'm happy.

I should add "Wishing for Pterrowings and Kunchong" on my signature. Spread the love! And mantid as a playable race. That's asking for too much, I think XD
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Nachtwulf wrote:Yeah. Currently the black new-worg and then the green fel worg. I didn't think either one was tamable (I know the green one isn't)

Correct, current build I don't think they are. But about 2 builds ago ish (I haven't logged on in a week or so), they were tameable. Some things they seem to be tweaking still, since sometimes I can tame them, sometimes I can't. Probably depends on whatever they're fixing in a particular build.
Wain wrote:I do wonder if all the green "fel" wolves will become Aberrations, except for one rare beast version, much like is supposed to happen with the void wolves. Maybe it won't, but I wouldn't be too surprised if it did.
I hope so, I do love those wolves :o

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

@ Pterrorwings

There is NPC precedence for a tamed pterrorwing..

Of course there is also NPC precedence for a hunter having 2 active pets (not minions or guardians, pets)

So maybe NPC precedence doesn't mean much :lol:
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Quivering wrote:@ Pterrorwings

Of course there is also NPC precedence for a hunter having 2 active pets (not minions or guardians, pets)

So maybe NPC precedence doesn't mean much :lol:
Well, hunters can use Stampede and Dire Beast, so they sorta can do that, ha ha. But yeah, that's more of a technical thing, and perhaps they will eventually allow us to have two pets at the same time.

The Pterrorwing thing is a bit different, though. I think, lorewise, our type of hunter, especially going by what we can fill our stables with, would easily be able to use two pets at once. It's just a technical thing.

Pterrorwings are different. I think they're a viable candidate just going by the fact that they can be tamed at all. Also, yeah, that screenshot breaks my heart. Pterrorwings are just such excellent beast models. I can't wait for the day (and I truly believe it will come) that they do become tameable. My (updated model) troll hunter will be pimpin' on the streets, riding his Direhorn with his pet Pterrorwing next to him. Aww yis.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Nazja
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Nazja »

If using Dire Beast can summon a beast the hunter should be able to tame its kind. At least, that sounds logical to me. :P
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Yep lol :P Means we should be getting pterrorwings and elekk.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Dekota wrote:
SpiritBinder wrote:Stop trying to make "Pterrorwings" happen!

It's not gonna happen.
:lol:
Blizz said the same thing about Hydras ^__^
Sort of, not really.... Actually GC they said they were not happy with the current hydra model being the representation of the family if it was made tamable (Mainly it's animations came into question)
Qraljar wrote:
Quivering wrote:@ Pterrorwings

Well, hunters can use Stampede and Dire Beast, so they sorta can do that, ha ha. But yeah, that's more of a technical thing, and perhaps they will eventually allow us to have two pets at the same time.
That's it.... I DEMAND tamable Druids! :D

Regarding Pterrorwing being a suitble pet, I think they would be an fantastic addition, there are a good few looks, they have great animations (already a full set to be a hunter pet), etc, etc. But I just don't personally think they fit into WoD as we know it atm.

There is no Zandalari presence on Draenor (Which seem to be the only link to these beasts lore wise).There are no wild Pterrorwings on Draenor that I know of, nor where there any in outlands. Again, These would make stella pets and I would be very happy for their tamability to change (like the tomb a of dinomancy or what ever) when it makes sense. But if they were added now, to WoD without any relevant context, I don't know... it would just seem forced. But then that just my feeling about them atm.
Attachments
Underbog_bosses.jpg
Underbog_bosses.jpg (52.43 KiB) Viewed 2779 times

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

I am going to add that I agree with them not making sense in a way that it would be odd to have them be the starlight pet family added in for WoD -in Dreanor-, but that also shouldn't exclude them from getting a tameable stamp slapped on their butts, just cause. I don't feel they need to be in Draenor just to be made tameable. HOWEVER, I don't feel we NEED a brand new exotic family for every expansion, especially since they're making more exotic abilities available to non-BMs. If they were to cut the exotic family this go around and just cut out the stupid lvl69 requirement for exotics...then I'd be a very happy camper with that instead. 70 levels into a spec still seems seriously excessive, even lvl50 would be better then lvl70 at this point. Everyone's trying to find a replacement pet family for Rylaks and I honestly don't think we really need one if they'd just toss us a bone and cut the level requirement on them instead.

I do feel strongly that Rylaks should just be Chimaeras and that the Updraft -could- be added instead of another ability if pets get three per. It's just odd to me that they're placing them in a completely different family instead of one that fits them well....very well. The only difference being that they hop around adorably. We also do have a few families that have a couple vastly different models in the same family and that works fine. I'm honestly surprised that Riverbeasts aren't exotics, with all honesty. I think they'd be neat as an exotic family with water breathing or something similar, but I know that would make a lot of people suddenly very unhappy to play a specific spec for adorable hippos after they've been established as non-exotic already. [Unless they are exotics as it is and I missed that somewhere. :v]

:>

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

We're seeing a lot of beasts on Draenor that had presumably been made extinct long before Outland, so I guess skyscreamers could be made to fit. If the artists had remained true to BC styles then I would have loved to have seen one with a creepy, alien head similar-ish to the Outland chimera, carrion bird, etc. But since they're making most things look like Azeroth I guess they could just easily go in as-is.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.