Potential new hunter pets in WoD

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
FeralSynapse
Realm: Sargeras

Re: Potential new hunter pets in WoD

Unread post by FeralSynapse »

Any word on beta about the new wolves using the Light Brown/Blonde Model? Been looking all over, can't find her.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

FeralSynapse wrote:Any word on beta about the new wolves using the Light Brown/Blonde Model? Been looking all over, can't find her.
I won't panic I won't panic I won't panic....

Please please please let this skin be in-game. It's so gorgeous, and not including Gara may be one of my favourite colours of the new wolves. Timber needs an update...and he can't go darker.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm pretty sure that skin hasn't shown up on any wild wolves. :( It's currently only used, as far as I know, on the new leatherworking mount.

That's not to say though that it won't be added in a later patch. I really hope it does, because after the new dark brown wolves, the tan has to be one of my favorites as well.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I've been working on cobbling together a rough page that shows each look and how many tameable looks we have for it on Petopia. Lemme see if I can get it to a decent stage to show what we're missing.

And yeah, the light brown wolf hasn't been seen yet :(
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Lupen202 wrote:Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm pretty sure that skin hasn't shown up on any wild wolves. :( It's currently only used, as far as I know, on the new leatherworking mount.

That's not to say though that it won't be added in a later patch. I really hope it does, because after the new dark brown wolves, the tan has to be one of my favorites as well.
They also needed to make it to replace the Shaman's ghost wolf form which had that colouring, which I suspect was the main reason it was created, but it does seem a waste not to put it on a beast as well if it's already there and available.
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

There's still more than a month before WoD hits. Perhaps after all of the per-zone tamability passes are done, we'll get a few vignettes/rares that use any leftover skins?

I know it's awfully optimistic, but I want to believe.
Especially that reptilian chimera model...
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

I haven't lost hope for the reptilian rylak... yet. Farahlon, if it's ever implemented, as well as Tanaan would both be great zones to put in a rare with that skin.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

I'm still hoping that gorgeous new Wind Serpent is made back into a beast, myself. It's so pretty, why must it be an aberration. ;_;

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Here you go:

Summary of Draenor looks with the number of tameable and untameable beasts listed underneath.

Not sure if it's missing any at the moment. I'll update it if I find anything. Oh... I guess that bloody windserpent.
Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Ickabob »

Wain wrote:Here you go:

Summary of Draenor looks with the number of tameable and untameable beasts listed underneath.

Not sure if it's missing any at the moment. I'll update it if I find anything. Oh... I guess that bloody windserpent.
Thanks for the list Wain. This is pretty helpful for those looking for any rare or unique skins.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Happy to help :) Also quite useful for working out what we need to look for.

Incidentally, I'm just doing a pass through the revamped Razorfen Kraul now.

Did anyone report that the Spirit Boar has returned?

It's behind the shield that goes down after you kill Groyat. It's not a new mob, it's the original ID and all. And you can still tame it.

So at least we don't have to worry that the look is disappearing.
Attachments
boarspirit.png
boarspirit.png (195.17 KiB) Viewed 20415 times
Protego
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst

Unread post by Protego »

Update check. Is that ground Tero Claw still a "Bird of Prey"? Thank you. ^__^
Robot Wars is renewed for 6 episodes! I love some Exotic pets! And I hate spiders for.. "pets"!

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Protego wrote:Update check. Is that ground Tero Claw still a "Bird of Prey"? Thank you. ^__^
Hen Chick was unfortunately changed to Carrion Bird, which is still a useless family. It's a shame.
Protego
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Protego »

Aargh! Bleeh. Gotta change my 5-pets-I'll-keep-on-me list.
Robot Wars is renewed for 6 episodes! I love some Exotic pets! And I hate spiders for.. "pets"!

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

WerebearGuy wrote:
Protego wrote:Update check. Is that ground Tero Claw still a "Bird of Prey"? Thank you. ^__^
Hen Chick was unfortunately changed to Carrion Bird, which is still a useless family. It's a shame.
Why blizzard why. :( :cry:
I wanted one so bad but they just HAD to make them carrion bird. Which. In no way fits if you ask me. They look much more eagle-ish to me than vultures. Such a disappointment.

And I'm still bummed this Image model isn't in game.

And I still so very much want this. Image

And thank you so much for the new page /list Wain. It's beautimous!

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

zedxrgal wrote:
WerebearGuy wrote:
Why blizzard why. :( :cry:
I wanted one so bad but they just HAD to make them carrion bird. Which. In no way fits if you ask me. They look much more eagle-ish to me than vultures. Such a disappointment.
Beared Vultures don't look much like eagles lol.

Attachments
RL Teroclaw Chick
RL Teroclaw Chick
header-image.png (433.23 KiB) Viewed 20415 times
Protego
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Protego »

They look more raptor-y. -__-.

Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

zedxrgal wrote:I wanted one so bad but they just HAD to make them carrion bird. Which. In no way fits if you ask me. They look much more eagle-ish to me than vultures. Such a disappointment.
Protego wrote:They look more raptor-y. -__-.
Mogu flesh-shapers discarded their failed creations in an abyssal shaft beneath Lei Shen's keep. The reek of decay lured many scavengers to the refuse pit, including the great Ji-Kun. Ruthless and cunning, the monstrous bird devoured her rivals one-by-one until she held sole dominion over the shadowy tunnel.
Presumably the Teroclaws are a very similar kind, or possibly even the same species, to Ji-Kun and her brood. Not only is she based on a bearded vulture, but it's been established in the game that these kinds of birds are scavengers.

Personally, I'm more upset about the Mortal Wounds being useless in most situations rather than the Teroclaws being Carrion Birds in the first place. Almost anything would be better than that debuff in most PvE and many PvP situations... :x
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Blame me for them being carrion birds. Or at least partially blame me, it's not like I could force the issue! ;) But I pushed for them to be CBs because of reasons others have said: (i) they have that vulture look, (ii) they are scrap feeders, as established in ToT, but also (iii) birds of prey are always the default for new birds, and carrion birds rarely get any love at all so I felt it would be nice if they got a fancy new model too (BsofP are getting kaliri and axebeaks).

I still support those reasons above, but I'm afraid I was too distracted with everything else to realize that CBs are now considered less useful for PvE. But trust me, they know about the concerns and we can hope they're addressed before launch. Plus, as a wise person just told me, give it a few weeks and a bit of gear and they'll be overpowered for PvE too ;) PvE isn't usually a max/min situation and I've been exploring and questing with my little raptor bird just fine. But yeah, we can hopefully see an improvement before launch. Cross fingers.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

I don't care what they are, I shall have one ;) as someone said with the stags however, sometimes in PvE you needn't bring a buff pet, and so you can drag along your bloodthirsty Terroclaw if you'd like :D

*waits for people to bring up buffs and OQ*