Potential new hunter pets in WoD

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Re: Potential new hunter pets in WoD

Unread post by Krysteena »

Miralynn wrote:Are stags and talbuks still tameable? None of the official info posted today, or in WoWhead's patch 6.0.2 guide, seems to mention stags at all. I see they're still flagged as confirmed tameable here, but they're completely missing from the patch notes. I am gonna be one sad hunter if I can't go get that pet deer I was planning on.
Yes, I'm pretty sure they're still tameable. I doubt they'll switch them to untameable so close to 6.0 after saying we could have stags, and knowing how many people wanted them, as it would be a dick move. And stags were the most wanted pets after hydras and terroclaw chicks.

Actually, are there any terroclaws/terroclaw chicks anywhere aside from in a raid or on Draenor that we'll be able to tame in 6.0? I'm thinking on the Isle of thunder, but I've never seen any running around.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Kayro wrote:
Miralynn wrote:Are stags and talbuks still tameable? None of the official info posted today, or in WoWhead's patch 6.0.2 guide, seems to mention stags at all. I see they're still flagged as confirmed tameable here, but they're completely missing from the patch notes. I am gonna be one sad hunter if I can't go get that pet deer I was planning on.
Yes, I'm pretty sure they're still tameable. I doubt they'll switch them to untameable so close to 6.0 after saying we could have stags, and knowing how many people wanted them, as it would be a dick move. And stags were the most wanted pets after hydras and terroclaw chicks.

Actually, are there any terroclaws/terroclaw chicks anywhere aside from in a raid or on Draenor that we'll be able to tame in 6.0? I'm thinking on the Isle of thunder, but I've never seen any running around.

Fairly sure there's one mob aside from Ji-kun that uses the model, but they're both in Throne of Thunder and will probably remain untameable until the expansion after WoD.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Yeah, the only thunder isle birds I can remember were part of ji'kun's fight. Ji'kun herself, then the hatchlings she feeds (which use the terroclaw chick model). Those hatchlings then turn into blue adults if you don't kill them in time. Wouldn't mind checking it out at least when the patch hits.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Most colours appear in the Ji-Kun fight, but one of them (yellow I think?) is only on heroic.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Ahh. Looks like I'll be waiting till Draenor then. Not that I mind too much, but this wait is killing me!
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Oh ok. I guess I didn't pay close enough attention xD I'd always only see the blue adults.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Miralynn
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Miralynn »

Kayro wrote:

Good to know. It wouldn't be the first time something got left out of patch notes, nor will it be the last. So much taming to do on my hunters!
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Apologies if this info is listed somewhere, but will the raptor-model Ji-Kun Hatchlings be tamable and not too high level on patch day? They might be level 91, which would be a shame.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dialga »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:Apologies if this info is listed somewhere, but will the raptor-model Ji-Kun Hatchlings be tamable and not too high level on patch day? They might be level 91, which would be a shame.
I looked it up on wowhead - it looks like, in the Ji-Kun fight, her Hatchlings and Jueveniles are 92. Just as well, LFR would be miserable trying to tame one of them in there.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

You can seen the beasts (& levels) with each look by following the links on the WoD looks summary page:

http://www.wow-petopia.com/draenor/draenor.html#carrion

We've listed the birds from the Ji-Kun encounter as untameable, but truth is nobody has been in to check recently.

For now the info isn't *as* critical, as nobody will be able to tame them until they can gain levels. Which, as others said, isn't necessarily a bad thing. It would be kind of sad if one of the coolest new looks of the expansion was available before the expansion even started ;)
Britom
Realm: Dragonmaw

Unread post by Britom »

Any news on gyreworms?
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Lisaara »

Gyreworms are still elementals so not tameable.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Zulmalakhan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Defias Brotherhood

Unread post by Zulmalakhan »

any news on skyscreamers? :3 and has the vicious war raptor model been spotted in the wild? is it tameable? :D
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Zulmalakhan wrote:any news on skyscreamers? :3 and has the vicious war raptor model been spotted in the wild? is it tameable? :D
Nothing on pterodactyls.

The proper armoured Vicious War Raptor has not been seen. Since the armour is a troll design there's not much context for it to be running wild on Draenor. But the new wild, tameable raptors do use the same base model as the Vicious one!
Zulmalakhan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Defias Brotherhood

Unread post by Zulmalakhan »

Guess we'll have to wait for the troll raid content patch then :lol: :3
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Zulmalakhan wrote:Guess we'll have to wait for the troll raid content patch then :lol: :3
Oh dear god :)
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Maybe this time we'll actually get to visit the fabled land of Zul'Again.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

It was merely a setback! We all know this....

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Horohoro
Realm: Earthen Ring US

Unread post by Horohoro »

I'm so, so bummed, it says on Petopia there were no models found with the light brown wolf skin?? That's the main one I was planning to use with my hunter; that's the updated look for my prairie wolf that I was going to tame! UGH, I would have had a perfect 5-wolf-pack stable, too.
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

I know how you feel. That one was my favorite. Who knows, maybe it will be added in a future patch, but I think it may have been just for the shaman's ghost wolf form (for now?) :c

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."