Possible new mounts in WoD

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Re: Possible new mounts in WoD

Unread post by Thwip »

Xota wrote:I expect the LW mount will work like the gyrocoptors and the flying carpets. They count towards your mount total on all toons, but only those with the profession can use them.

This is what "Taxidermy mount" makes me think of:
If you look on WoWhead, the mount spell actually does require LW700 to ride. :> Makes me wonder if they're gonna get around to adding mounts for any of the other professions that are the 'You must have this profession and this level of it to ride this' mounts. Even though I'd personally prefer less of these kinds as I'd love to use my copter on more then just my two engie toons.

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Well. My hunter has nothing pressing to be seen to, aside from angler dailies. I'll get some of that levelling gear and then start to level my pandaren shaman. She's a leather worker, as i need that lovely wolf in my life, and I've got nothing else to focus all my attention on. Xeronia shall be 90 soon enough :) .... -.- I love levelling so!
Doc Privas
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Doc Privas »

Magnakilro wrote:Gluth mount
Yes yes pretty please! He's so cute :)

Cloudstrider - Highmountain Tauren Hunter
Argent Dawn EU

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

http://youtu.be/uJ004V2xNww
This is the video mmochampion released for the solar spirehawk mount. Just a guess, but perhaps it'd from MC too? The corehound mount was outside MC and it's from MC. Perhaps you get this mount if you complete the raid on heroic difficulty? Perhaps the raid is permanent, just the corehound mount isn't? Is rather that. Have this mount drop from raggy on a 100% rate for the anniversary (perhaps if you run it with a group on heroic or something) and then lower the drop rate once the anniversary is over? Or perhaps if you run MC with a certain number of guildies or over, you get this mount? I don't know, but it's either Al'ar of the expac or it's from MC :) well, I'm guessing so anyway.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

I'm thinking it's from the arrakoa sun-god-type world boss.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Saw this today - seems the new TLPD mobs are shared tags and everyone gets a mount perhaps? they are 100% drop and everyone gets loot. This is good news!

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/428 ... ts-Tanaris

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Castile wrote:Saw this today - seems the new TLPD mobs are shared tags and everyone gets a mount perhaps? they are 100% drop and everyone gets loot. This is good news!

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/428 ... ts-Tanaris
Good good. Seems they'll have varied spawn times too. So, it won't be a race to see who gets the first tag. As long as you hit it you get a mount. This way of things is much better. Sure, the mount dropped may not be as rare if whoever tags gets loot, but it's a way to get rare mounts. I'm all in for it!
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Ooo, fantastic! Now we just need to beg them to increase the spawn chance of Aeonaxx and TLPD!

.... well, it was worth a shot. ;)
Come see Kurasu's stables!
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Thwip wrote:Makes me wonder if they're gonna get around to adding mounts for any of the other professions that are the 'You must have this profession and this level of it to ride this' mounts. Even though I'd personally prefer less of these kinds as I'd love to use my copter on more then just my two engie toons.
From memory they have removed the tailoring requirements from the rugs in WoD which I thought was a promising sign that they would lift all profession locked mounts, but no news on the engi copters yet.
Kayro wrote:Sure, the mount dropped may not be as rare if whoever tags gets loot, but it's a way to get rare mounts. I'm all in for it!
I guess that make these "uncommon" mounts rather than "rare" :D

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

SpiritBinder wrote:
Kayro wrote:Sure, the mount dropped may not be as rare if whoever tags gets loot, but it's a way to get rare mounts. I'm all in for it!
Sure, the mount dropped may not be as uncommon if whoever tags if gets loot, but it's a way to get uncommon mounts. I'm all in for it!
Did I say it right Mister Director Spiritbinder Sir? :)
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Kayro wrote:
SpiritBinder wrote:
Sure, the mount dropped may not be as uncommon if whoever tags if gets loot, but it's a way to get uncommon mounts. I'm all in for it!
Did I say it right Mister Director Spiritbinder Sir? :)
You, my fine fellow, can haz the interwebz for the day, for your "Epic" reply! :D

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Legendary, you two.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Masquerain
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst

Unread post by Masquerain »

I'm okay with the everyone-taps-for-a-mount strategy, I just hope that some of them have particularly long spawn timers so that I have something to camp and so it feels like an accomplishment once you manage to grab it. It will be a nice change of pace to not bristle with annoyance when I see someone else camping the same thing!

They specifically say "TLPD-style" mounts... so it sounds like they could be rare spawns of rare spawns?

I wonder which mounts they are? I hope they're not all the same model with different recolors...
ShootsAlot
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Sargeras

Unread post by ShootsAlot »

Masquerain wrote:I'm okay with the everyone-taps-for-a-mount strategy, I just hope that some of them have particularly long spawn timers so that I have something to camp and so it feels like an accomplishment once you manage to grab it. It will be a nice change of pace to not bristle with annoyance when I see someone else camping the same thing!

They specifically say "TLPD-style" mounts... so it sounds like they could be rare spawns of rare spawns?

I wonder which mounts they are? I hope they're not all the same model with different recolors...
They are likely big elite npcs around the WoD zones like the one with the Garn Nighthowl mount.
What did the buffalo say when his son left? Simple: Bison
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

It may also make ppl more likely to share i.e. let others in the zone know and wait till they tag if everyone gets it.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Yes!! I kind of missed having a bunch of super-rare mounts to camp for in MoP, so this is great news for me.
Meggers
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

I'm curious to see if any of them will be an infinite flight drake, as there are some of those models being dropped into WOD. (Info on MMO-C)

Also, RE: Prof mounts. I REALLY hope they just take off the prof requirement to learn/ride these things already. Would be nice.
ImageImage
Magnakilro
Realm: Eonar

Unread post by Magnakilro »

Seeing this new info from MMO champ today...here are the mobs from my mount list that are slated to drop mounts...as these are likely what are being referred to:

Nakk the Thunderer: drops Bloodhoof Bull...red WoD Clefthoof mount. He's in Nagrand

Nok-Karosh: drops Garn Nighthowl...unarmored Black WoD Wolf mount. Located west of Wor'gol in FFR

Gorok: Drops the Great Greytusk.... Grey WoD boar mount. He's in Frostfire

Luk'hok: Drops the Mottled Meadowstomper...yellow WoD Elekk. He's in Nagrand

Silthide: Drops the Sapphire Riverbeast mount....blue hippo. He's in Talador

Poundfist: Drops the Sunhide Gronnling....yellow Gronnling mount. He's in Gorgrond

Pathrunner: Drops the Swift Breezestrider...tan/yellow WoD Talbuk mount. He's in Shadowmoon Valley
Last edited by Magnakilro on Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar made by the awesome Senna-umbreon
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Hearing that some will be shorter spawns and that all of them will be shared tags certainly makes me happier. They won't be as rare, but I have my TLPD and Aeonaxx for that. Aeonaxx specifically was a pain... Not that I regret farming as it's one of my favorite mounts :P

Still makes my head spin though thinking about having to camp all of these. Maybe it'll be easier than I'm imagining though. It's just with cross-realm zones and many people who are inconsiderate, they'll see that rare spawn and burn it down without a thought to others. At least it'll give me something to do, though. xD

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Magnakilro wrote:Seeing this new info from MMO champ today...here are the mobs from my mount list that are slated to drop mounts...as these are likely what are being referred to:
Nakk the Thunderer: drops Bloodhoof Bull...red WoD Clefthoof mount.
Nok-Karosh: drops Garn Nighthowl...unarmored Black WoD Wolf mount. Located west of Wor'gol in FFR
Gorok: Drops the Great Greytusk.... Grey WoD boar mount
Luk'hok: Drops the Mottled Meadowstomper...yellow WoD Elekk
Silthide: Drops the Sapphire Riverbeast mount....blue hippo
Poundfist: Drops the Sunhide Gronnling....yellow Gronnling mount
Pathrunner: Drops the Swift Breezestrider...tan/yellow WoD Talbuk mount.
Thanks very much Magna, that does seem to make sense! I thought we had all sources updated (on WCM) where it was known, but it appears we missed these. Will go correct :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.