Possible new mounts in WoD

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Re: Possible new mounts in WoD

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Lupen202 wrote:Hopefully can manage Elegon, Sha and Galleon eventually.

Oh, I totally forgot. Conclave in Throne of four winds .. How would that work? I'd love to add Al'akir to the list above for the stunning drake that drops there, but currently on live the Conclave fight bugs out when you're alone. I wonder if you can skip the Conclave now, or if they've at least fixed the fight.
Sha is going to be iffy due to the mind control. Out of the 4 world bosses Sha and Oondasta would be the 2 harder ones. Galleon and Nalak are nearly soloable already.

Conclave: You can solo it, I have a few times (it's not fun though). Start on Anshal and pop as many CDs as you can (pre-pot, pre-bloodlust) to burn him down quickly, because the haste debuff is really annoying. About 10 sec is all I want to spend on him. Jump across to Nezir, avoid his ice attacks best you can and dps him down... this will be the longest part of the fight. Then jump across to Rohash and finish him off before Anshal rezzes (I believe you have 1 min total after Anshal goes down to finish the fight). Disengage the hurricane if Rohash manages to cast it.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Lupen202 wrote:Don't they despawn though if only one platform is occupied? I could've sworn I tried it awhile back and that was the problem that I had, but it's been awhile. Might check it out on beta though.
Hmmm not 100% sure, I get mixed reports and yes some say they have issues with despawning, but then I've seen Warlocks and DK's solo it at 90. I just guessed it would be pretty darn easy at 100 with the the crazy DPS available.

** Edit** ^ What PBC said :P

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Ok yeah, wow. XD

I just did 10 man on beta, and it was the easiest thing ever... No despawning issues for me now.

Took about 30 seconds to complete the entire fight. Started at Anshal. Killed him quickly, then flew over to Nezir and killed him. Then I immediately flew over to Rohash and killed him. They were all down before Anshal even had a chance to get halfway through his cast. No damage what-so-ever. This was on a lvl 100 premade.

So, gonna add another mount to my farm...

Also, not a huge deal but I'm super happy about it - the vicious war wolf's howl actually has a sound to it now, as of 6.0. It's one of my favorite ground mounts for horde, and this just makes it even more cool & unique, seeing as the only other wolf with a howl is the dark moon faire one which is sadly temporary.

Edit: Beta hunter solo of sha, so it is possible. Looks annoying though. :P http://youtu.be/yjZme2U4Ad4 But obviously it'll get easier as gear progresses.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Krauth
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow

Unread post by Krauth »

Lupen 202, what you want to do to solo bosses for mounts in any raid is, get one alt saved up to the boss before the one that drops ur mount, extend the raid lockout forever on ur alt, and ask a friend to log in and make a raid with said alt on the week your main character id resets, while on your alt unextend then extend raid again with ur friend in the raid, give lead to your friend and ask him to invite your main to the raid, enter the raid and then ask ur friend to give u lead, switch difficulty for say ICCH25 for LK and kick your alt out of the raid then solo it :)

Ps.: Make sure to kill everything on 10m normal for ICC up to LK specifically so you can switch it to 25h , there is an ID bug with 25 normal to 25h only on ICC, all the other raids can have the exact moto, but i suggest killing stuff on 10m for less difficulty, drop rate for all mounts is the same save Mims Head and Invincible that only drop on 25.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Krauth wrote:Lupen 202, what you want to do to solo bosses for mounts in any raid is, get one alt saved up to the boss before the one that drops ur mount, extend the raid lockout forever on ur alt, and ask a friend to log in and make a raid with said alt on the week your main character id resets, while on your alt unextend then extend raid again with ur friend in the raid, give lead to your friend and ask him to invite your main to the raid, enter the raid and then ask ur friend to give u lead, switch difficulty for say ICCH25 for LK and kick your alt out of the raid then solo it :)

Ps.: Make sure to kill everything on 10m normal for ICC up to LK specifically so you can switch it to 25h , there is an ID bug with 25 normal to 25h only on ICC, all the other raids can have the exact moto, but i suggest killing stuff on 10m for less difficulty, drop rate for all mounts is the same save Mims Head and Invincible that only drop on 25.
As mentioned before for Cas, this is also what I do, but then this also requires a second toon that is level appropriate to have the save, which is generally the harder/trickier part. So for one save to the final boss, you need the toon you which to attempt the fight with, and another at at least level 85 or higher on the same faction.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Krauth
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Krauth »

SpiritBinder wrote:
Krauth wrote:Lupen 202, what you want to do to solo bosses for mounts in any raid is, get one alt saved up to the boss before the one that drops ur mount, extend the raid lockout forever on ur alt, and ask a friend to log in and make a raid with said alt on the week your main character id resets, while on your alt unextend then extend raid again with ur friend in the raid, give lead to your friend and ask him to invite your main to the raid, enter the raid and then ask ur friend to give u lead, switch difficulty for say ICCH25 for LK and kick your alt out of the raid then solo it :)

As mentioned before for Cas, this is also what I do, but then this also requires a second toon that is level appropriate to have the save, which is generally the harder/trickier part. So for one save to the final boss, you need the toon you which to attempt the fight with, and another at at least level 85 or higher on the same faction.
Eh it's not that tricky if you have at least 1 alt and a friend to help you out, the tricky part is when blizzard releases a patch like 6.0 when i'm gonna lose all my lockouts ><

But then again i always digged playing alts, so for me it was an easier option then clearing everything up to X boss ( Ultraxion trash makes me want to die).
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Honestly, I don't mind clearing the entire raid. Makes me a few extra gold and it really doesn't take that long nowadays. Except maybe Ulduar :P

When I did ICC last night on beta, (10-man till Lich) it took me maybe... I don't know, twenty minutes? Most of the bosses die within seconds now. The longest fight is probably the gunship, then Lich King due to the RP, then Valithra just because you have to use the spirit beast heal four or five times - otherwise the fight is ridiculously easy now.

Just seems easier, faster and more profitable to me than clearing up to Lich King on an alt, making sure to extend that lock each week, waiting for a friend to come on that isn't busy, waiting for them to fly to ICC, switch over to my character, fly over to ICC, then finally kill Lich king.

I know it's easier for some but meh :P

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

When you're farming multiple mount bosses over and over on multiple toons for a year, you'll start wanting a lockout. :) I currently have Firelands, ICC, Ulduar, Throne of 4 Winds, and Dragon Soul lockouts. Even completed Shadowmourne and Valynyr during those runs (now working on Valnyr #2). So the novelty of killing stuff I don't have to has worn off.
Krauth
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Krauth »

peanutbuttercup wrote:When you're farming multiple mount bosses over and over on multiple toons for a year, you'll start wanting a lockout. :) I currently have Firelands, ICC, Ulduar, Throne of 4 Winds, and Dragon Soul lockouts. Even completed Shadowmourne and Valynyr during those runs (now working on Valnyr #2). So the novelty of killing stuff I don't have to has worn off.
Basically this, after my kill number 175 on my Hunter alone of Kael'thas i was pmuch done with that place, it took me over 300 kills across 5 alts to get the damn Ashes and i didn't even want it that much, in the end it was more about getting it after all the time wasted then actually wanting to use it.
Meggers
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

As a note conclave is more than easily bullied over after the patch. :)
ImageImage
Krauth
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Krauth »

Got Luk'hok and Gorok today, as soon as the server was up. In 40 min it will be 6 hours since i killed Luk'hok on my server Eredar US.

Luk'hok was on his usual spot, Gorok was on a dif spawning spot heres a screenie for Gorok :

He was pathing on the same place, i waited like 5 minutes for a friend to run here and get it with me.

Luk'hok was on the same spot i posted here a few pages behind, a bit northeast of stone crag, near a dead clefthoof with some birds feeding on it's carcass, he was not pathing, was standing still.