Possible new mounts in WoD

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Re: Possible new mounts in WoD

Unread post by Krysteena »

LF someone to recruit! I must have that mount, it's gorgeous! Like the hearthsteed gone bad! I think it should be linked to the molten core somehow, or the anniversary perhaps. So you log on and bam! Corgi and horsie! Or just leave it as RaF and...I'll drool at the screen wishing I could recruit someone.
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Bah! that mount looks glorious and amazing...and I am never going to pull off a successful Raf to obtain it. =/ didn't they JUST add a new raf mount a few months back AND unlock all of the recently retired Raf mounts? enough is enough! @.@

all sadness aside, it really is great looking. I love the look of it and the wings look cool.

Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

Not only that but they also added the previously region-locked pig and elemental tiger pets. I still don't have the new hippogryph or any of the pets because I can't often afford $35 at a time. I mean, I'll get there slowly but $35 for a pet just seems excessive.

(Also I'd like to recruit people to actually play with, I miss having leveling buddies haha :|)
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Xella wrote:Not only that but they also added the previously region-locked pig and elemental tiger pets. I still don't have the new hippogryph or any of the pets because I can't often afford $35 at a time. I mean, I'll get there slowly but $35 for a pet just seems excessive.
I feel like you should be able to choose 2 pets or 1 mount for the RAF rewards. I agree though, it can be really frustrating to buy them for yourself if you just want them for your collection.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

$35 for a mount is a bit excessive. I mean the only RAF mount I have is the Zebra? That was Raf right?

I'd love these mounts but I can't buy a whole new game for it!
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Yeah enough with RAF...its not like the game is struggling. Or offer it as both store and raf reward. Id rather just pay the $30 rather than go through the whole RAF riggor.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

Xella wrote:Not only that but they also added the previously region-locked pig and elemental tiger pets. I still don't have the new hippogryph or any of the pets because I can't often afford $35 at a time. I mean, I'll get there slowly but $35 for a pet just seems excessive.

(Also I'd like to recruit people to actually play with, I miss having leveling buddies haha :|)

Technically since you're paying for 2 months and the key its $35, but if you factor in your "main" account gets a "free" month (a $15 you're paying anyways) you're only pitching out $20 which is still cheaper than the store mounts! :) (This is if you buy the $5 key and pay for the months yourself)

-tries to make it seem better-
ImageImage
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

Oh that's true, I always forget about that bit since I buy my gametime in six-month batches so I only end up thinking about it like twice a year, haha.

($20 is still too much for me to justify for a pet, though :|)
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

Sometimes I wonder if they do the RAF thing cause they know people will buy extra accounts anyways to get the mounts even if they have no one to recruit...
Magnakilro
Realm: Eonar

Unread post by Magnakilro »

Question (unrelated to the RaF horse):

For anyone that has done all the Stable garrison quests: The two achievements, Advanced Husbandry and Stable Master give mount rewards. Is it possible to complete both achs on one char or do I need 2 separate ones?
Avatar made by the awesome Senna-umbreon
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Aren't those the ones when you kill something while holding a special item? I'm guessing you wouldn't reauire 2 characters for that...
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I found (at least one of) Nakk the Thunderer's spawn points in Nagrand.

5 million HP so it takes a while to kill him. Of course as soon as I engage, internet decides to become unstable, disconnecting me and now I'm dead at him with no ability to release spirit and port to graveyard doesn't work. Edit: after some time, I was able to release and kill with some others. He did drop the Bloodhoof Bull mount.

Wowhead's only entry for Nakk (one added in 5.4.2) says its not in game. I didn't think to NPC ID Nakk though. :( http://www.wowhead.com/npc=50990

I WILL find Poundfist!
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Meggers wrote:Technically since you're paying for 2 months and the key its $35, but if you factor in your "main" account gets a "free" month (a $15 you're paying anyways) you're only pitching out $20 which is still cheaper than the store mounts! :) (This is if you buy the $5 key and pay for the months yourself)

-tries to make it seem better-
You know, I try to tell myself that, and yet I've only managed to justify getting the Swift Zhevra so far after getting some gifted game time. Also agree with Vephriel that it should probably be 2 pets or 1 mount since it feels like a bit of a rip off when store pets are $10 and store mounts are $25, and yet I'm already trying to figure out how much battlenet balance I need to save up for the pets, sigh...

It's tough being a collector with a "spend no cash outside of 1 subscription and xpac" policy. :)
inico
Realm: Gilneas (US)

Unread post by inico »

I managed to render the Cindermane Charger properly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq2C7Bov1K8
TUTUTTU!
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Found a spawn point for Luk'hok in Nagrand, drops Mottled Meadowstomper.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Quivering, I don't suppose you beast lored nakk for tameability? :D He's now one of the few Nagrand mobs I haven't been able to check. Thanks :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

I didn't do Nakk because I forgot :( I was too happy to find him then got frustrated with the DC and death bug and by the time I got back in, he was almost dead. I only thought about that after the fact, sorry! Theres other red clefthooves in game to tame right? Edit: yeah I see them in the list. I shudder to think of him as a tameable unique skin (if he ends up being tameable).

I didn't Beast Lore Luk'hok because elekks arent tameable in general. His NPC ID did match the wowhead database entry from 5.4.2.

If I find Silthide, I will definitely check. It appears Gorok (drops boar mount) is a humanoid.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Found Poundfist in Gorgrond. Drops Sunhide Gronnling, which is luls

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Did Poundfist patrol? Or did he stay in one spot?

I'm looking for him now, cause I wanna see the Gronnling mount in action.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Meandered in one spot from what I can tell, he was engaged by a lock soon after this shot though.

These rares have long spawn times already, I've been camping (on and off) most for days. Still have Gorok and Silthide but I'm closing in!

I have a feeling some of these have multiple spawn points too, but I dont think any have been confirmed (Pathrunner seems very likely).