New Character Models Discussion - Update! Fem Gnome Faces

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Rower
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Re: New Character Models Update! Female Draenei!

Unread post by Rower »

It looks good. Not a big difference, but that's because the TBC models already look better than the Vanilla ones.

Is it just me or the new models in the MMO-Champ viewer take forever to load? :(
Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

It's not just you... /sigh

As for femdraes, I was hoping for more of a change. The tail, for starts, and the posture. They did great job with femorcs "strange shoulders", and I really hoped femdreas will get simmilar treatment. Some shoulderpads look really strange on them...

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
Rower
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Rower »

They finally loaded. Orc male is very buggy (what's wrong with those legs? :lol: )

Love the tauren model, really really good! I'm so hyped :headbang:
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

I can't wait to see fem Tauren. I think they're the ones I'm most excited to see, along with male humans because they need the update so badly xD

If males are anything to go by, female Tauren will be amazing. God I love the male so much lol.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Snowy
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Snowy »

Same as Lupen, I really can't wait to see female Tauren. They were the first race I ever picked but couldn't stick with them because their models put me off so much. I always wanted to play one because I love the nomadic, peaceful, tribal kinda races and I would seriously consider re-joining WoW and starting over to play as a female Tauren if they look good. Same as the female Forsaken to me though, their new models look so fabulous I almost nearly screamed with delight when I saw them and can't wait to see them animated.

The only problem now is that there will still be plenty of low-res models about and it'll be even more noticeable now that all of the player characters are up to scratch.

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

The female Draenei is nice but not really a big change from the old one. As far as the posture goes, I never had a problem with the old model in that regard unless you were shorter then them and got your eyes poked out by their pectoral protrusions :-). I certainly never thought they had broken spines. They really didn't change a whole lot.

I want to see the male and female Night Elves and also see if they made the male Blood Elf less androgynous looking and the female more than 14 years old.
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

That male tauren is so nice! I might play one again! Maybe start fresh on a new server...if the female is just as nice, I might play one too...

I hope the male draenei look nice tho...I was hoping for feathering on the hooves like on that paladin figure, but looks like they might be taking away what little there was...I hope they make them a lil less top heavy tho.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

I'm hoping, since it's still alpha and they aren't even done with the model (other faces need to be done and animations of course, etc.) that the hoof isn't done yet... It just doesn't look on par with the rest of the model or any of the models for that matter. There's no nice transition between leg and hoof and it looks odd without a bit of fur. Seems the April fools Draenei had too much fur and the real one not enough!

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Cedric

Unread post by Cedric »

It doesn't look all that different to me really . They are a newer race though
Cedric

Unread post by Cedric »

It doesn't look all that different to me really . They are a newer race though
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Only thing on the female draenei that really needed fixing was the hands.. squid fingers were so bad. It looks like that is better, but hard to tell on the preview. Looks like she has some muscle now.

The tauren do look good.. so good that if MMO-Champ's April Fools joke was real I'd transfer to horde, and then quest back to ally.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Rower
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Rower »

Fem tauren will probably be the biggest upgrade overall, because the current model is really unfinished and messy...it will be awesome!
Raiyen
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Raiyen »

Vephriel wrote:I would have liked to have seen them retain the light fur around the hooves like the original models have, now they look very smooth. I know it's always been a point of contention over whether or not draenei had fur, but to me they at least had some at the bottom of their legs, the texture was quite obvious on the first models.
Despite some of the derpy features on the April's Fool draenei, I actually kinda liked the fur texture to a point. I always felt Draenei should have fur around their hooves like how draft horses do, males would have more. But either way, I still like the model. :P
Bangeall
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Doomhammer EU

Unread post by Bangeall »

The male Tauren has really grown on me. It's really hard not to like them when you see them animated, they just look so much better. By the way Rower, I love the one in your siggy!

I think we'll really see the improvement when we see the female Draenei animated. Personally I think that current female Draenei faces lack something that the other races have, and I'm really looking forward to seeing the difference. Having said that, I really hope that they at least attempt to fix their posture. Their current one is so exaggerated. Other things I would like, such as more prominent head crests, could be an option down the line, hopefully anyway.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Raiyen wrote:
Vephriel wrote:I would have liked to have seen them retain the light fur around the hooves like the original models have, now they look very smooth. I know it's always been a point of contention over whether or not draenei had fur, but to me they at least had some at the bottom of their legs, the texture was quite obvious on the first models.
Despite some of the derpy features on the April's Fool draenei, I actually kinda liked the fur texture to a point. I always felt Draenei should have fur around their hooves like how draft horses do, males would have more. But either way, I still like the model. :P
Yeah, I liked some of the fur on the April Fool's model too. :) Perhaps not the arm hair, but the details around the hooves looked great to me, and I even liked the fur on the legs, it was cute.

I'm also one of the few who doesn't mind the female posture as it currently is. I guess it's just never bothered me with the way their legs bent, and it gave them a unique stance and silhouette that added to their alien-ness. I get that it's not the most comfortable looking, but some of the races just have characteristic slumps or bends that suit them I guess. I honestly like the way they carry themselves.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Vephriel wrote:
Raiyen wrote:
Yeah, I liked some of the fur on the April Fool's model too. :) Perhaps not the arm hair, but the details around the hooves looked great to me, and I even liked the fur on the legs, it was cute.

I'm also one of the few who doesn't mind the female posture as it currently is. I guess it's just never bothered me with the way their legs bent, and it gave them a unique stance and silhouette that added to their alien-ness. I get that it's not the most comfortable looking, but some of the races just have characteristic slumps or bends that suit them I guess. I honestly like the way they carry themselves.
Just adding in that I'm like Veph in liking the look of their posture >.< For more or less the same reasons too.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I certainly don't fault anyone for wanting the spine corrected, but every time I try to look at them critically it just doesn't seem to bother me for some reason. I think since we have a lot of humanoid races (well, they're all humanoids of course, but a lot of races that only have some minor differences from a regular human) the varying postures give more flavour (even if they're anatomically incorrect). The same goes for things like the troll hunch, or the forsaken's slouch. Not comfortable at all to stay bent like that all the time, but visually it can be striking.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Play enough with the male Tauren in the mmoc DB and youll see his teeth fall through his mouth. is many lols. I forget which animations cause it.

As for the male tauren and female draenei, you guys are making me see shit I never paid attention to, like hoof fur and cow fingers. those parts of the new models are kinda starting to rub me the wrong way now lol :P
Serendipity82
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Serendipity82 »

Vephriel wrote:I certainly don't fault anyone for wanting the spine corrected, but every time I try to look at them critically it just doesn't seem to bother me for some reason. I think since we have a lot of humanoid races (well, they're all humanoids of course, but a lot of races that only have some minor differences from a regular human) the varying postures give more flavour (even if they're anatomically incorrect). The same goes for things like the troll hunch, or the forsaken's slouch. Not comfortable at all to stay bent like that all the time, but visually it can be striking.
I 100% Veph.
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

I'm not sure why some people dislike the female draenei posture. They're aliens from another planet, we can't expect them to follow human anatomy correctly. They have four knees (4!!!!), they have horns on their head, they have a tail, they have four tentacles on their face, and they have hooves instead of feets. Heck even their blood is blue instead of red. A weirdly curved spine doesn't seem out of place on a body like that.
ImageImage