New Character Models Discussion - Update! Fem Gnome Faces

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: New Character Models confirmed as well as new Expansion!

Unread post by Lisaara »

Okay, I'm seeing people say "Undead male" but I don't see it posted here so....I'm confused. ^^;

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Junrei wrote:Okay, I'm seeing people say "Undead male" but I don't see it posted here so....I'm confused. ^^;
http://25.media.tumblr.com/f85ca985c330 ... 1_1280.png

Someone linked it on page 2. It's pretty neat looking imo.

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Snowy wrote:
Junrei wrote:Okay, I'm seeing people say "Undead male" but I don't see it posted here so....I'm confused. ^^;

Someone linked it on page 2. It's pretty neat looking imo.
Ah thank you! Looks awesome!

LisaaraPokefarm

Zalani
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring, Arathor, Moon Guard(US)

Unread post by Zalani »

Looks like there is a slightly updated Draenei female in the trailer. She's around 1:10.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYueIdI_2L0#t=67

I really am loving these new models! Can't wait to see the night elves, fem tauren and trolls.
Last edited by Zalani on Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:18 am, edited 5 times in total.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Zalani wrote:Looks like there is an updated Draenei female in the trailer. She's around 1:10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYueIdI_2L0#t=67

I really am loving these new models! Can't wait to see the night elves, fem tauren and trolls.
That didn't really look updated to me. Looks the same as what we have now. Flat hair and all.

LisaaraPokefarm

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

*SCREAMS* The undead is exciting in its own right because it's badass as hell, but oh man, guys, think what this means for humans?! If they actually modeled a nice /undead/ human... Think of the alive ones! They might actually be humans, not neandrotholic ape-things!

Kind of disappointed by the tauren, to be honest, as I was hoping for something slightly less... derpy and cuddly? But hey, it's only one of the faces, I suspect there will be more. Other than that, so excited I could die. Oh man, they look so good.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Jelani
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Jelani »

Someone asked the question about which were getting upgraded. They said they are working through basically Vanilla then BC. then after that they will look at everything and determine if they want to do Worgen/Goblin. But basically all others confirmed :D

YAY! Flight Rising! Rawr!

Smyelmdar
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem/Kilrogg/Nagrand EU

Unread post by Smyelmdar »

Snowy wrote:
Smyelmdar wrote:and maybe later the goblins and worgen would be too.
Bare in mind this is all just OPINION, but really, the goblins and worgen don't *need* updating. They're pretty on par right now. But... the worgen females need *changing*. Completely. They were the biggest disappointment in any expansion so far to me, considering they made them look dopey as heck just because people were whining constantly about it. We've had enough punishment now Blizz, now give us proper females please. :/
I agree that they don't need updates as bad as the old ones, but when the old ones gets updated with facial expressions for emotes and stuff, the worgen and goblin would probably need some updating too, as their facial expressions are not nearly as good as the ones on the new models. (Like on the new Garrosh model, which will probably be the way they do it with the player models too).
But yeah, as they said they will look into those two races when they finish the old races.

Also, I totally agree with you on the worgen females. Their alpha version were a lot better.
Last edited by Smyelmdar on Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'll be waiting on the highland, with its wonderful serenity.
Where the stars glow and the brooks flow, that's my way of life.
When the mountains on the highland, and the nature is surrounding me, when the wind blows, that's all I need.

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Smyelmdar wrote:
Snowy wrote:
Smyelmdar wrote:and maybe later the goblins and worgen would be too.
Bare in mind this is all just OPINION, but really, the goblins and worgen don't *need* updating. They're pretty on par right now. But... the worgen females need *changing*. Completely. They were the biggest disappointment in any expansion so far to me, considering they made them look dopey as heck just because people were whining constantly about it. We've had enough punishment now Blizz, now give us proper females please. :/
I agree that they don't need updates as bad as the old ones, but when the old ones gets updated with facial expressions for emotes and stuff, the worgen and goblin would probably need some updating too.
But yeah, as they said they will look into those two races when they finish the old races.

Also, I totally agree with you on the worgen females. Their alpha version were a lot better.
While I agree, if we get the alpha models, people are gonna whiny they look too disney....again. (I'm still trying to figure out what they were smoking to make them think it looked anything like disney).

LisaaraPokefarm

Smyelmdar
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem/Kilrogg/Nagrand EU

Unread post by Smyelmdar »

Junrei wrote: While I agree, if we get the alpha models, people are gonna whiny they look too disney....again. (I'm still trying to figure out what they were smoking to make them think it looked anything like disney).
I was thinking the same. But I think the worgen females as they are now, has been in the game for too long, so now some people are liking them. And that's kind of what they were saying with the old races, that they didn't want to completely change them, but just make them look better.

I'll be waiting on the highland, with its wonderful serenity.
Where the stars glow and the brooks flow, that's my way of life.
When the mountains on the highland, and the nature is surrounding me, when the wind blows, that's all I need.

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

It would be nice if they revisited the female worgen design completely, I hated the alpha version and I don't like what we ended up with either.

I'm not sure if they'd actually do a full rework though, I guess we'll have to wait and see.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Vephriel wrote:It would be nice if they revisited the female worgen design completely, I hated the alpha version and I don't like what we ended up with either.

I'm not sure if they'd actually do a full rework though, I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Vanilla Worgen are the only ones I like XD
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Smyelmdar wrote:
Junrei wrote: While I agree, if we get the alpha models, people are gonna whiny they look too disney....again. (I'm still trying to figure out what they were smoking to make them think it looked anything like disney).
I was thinking the same. But I think the worgen females as they are now, has been in the game for too long, so now some people are liking them. And that's kind of what they were saying with the old races, that they didn't want to completely change them, but just make them look better.
I've come to accept them but I'd like them to get rid of that ugly snarl and give some eye color options and give the worgen tails. If they did any of those things, I'd be content.

LisaaraPokefarm

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

cowmuflage wrote:
Vephriel wrote:It would be nice if they revisited the female worgen design completely, I hated the alpha version and I don't like what we ended up with either.

Vanilla Worgen are the only ones I like XD
Same, I miss the feral ones. :(
Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Frostwolf, Blackwater Raiders

Unread post by Aeladrine »

Here's undead face models!

I also have a bunch of pictures of comparisons of new female gnome and old one (can we talk about how AMAZING her expressions are?), but I'll just post this one and the video of the animations.

I love the fact that they put bags under her eyes! And, looking at her general turnaround, I'm super impressed.

EDIT: Links to some other comparisons/pictures so as not to overload the thread with images.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/5da726c26644 ... 2_1280.jpg
http://25.media.tumblr.com/00d27a4c9dd4 ... 4_1280.jpg
http://24.media.tumblr.com/58650c6a9ed2 ... 5_1280.jpg
Last edited by Aeladrine on Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.
Tumblr || Deviantart || WoW RP Blog

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Man someone needs to put all these at the front because people now are starting to post doubles of things. @.@ Would be easy to look at then!
Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Did I post a double? I've been checking through the thread and hadn't seen any of those. I can take whichever ones are doubles down, though.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found which one was the double. It hadn't wanted to load for me in-thread, so I never saw what it was.
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Nvm.

BTW expressions are so cartoony is awesome. Like it's not a thing you tend to see in MMO's.
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Aaah, I adore the female gnome. And I used to /hate/ female gnomes. I think I might need to make one, now.

Still ever so slightly concerned that there won't be much facial variation, but- I think I'm just reacting too soon! The added animations is certainly a very welcome sight, and it adds a ton of personality. And, as Cow mentioned, the cartoon-like look is just fantastic. Really matches WoW.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

From what I've heard, they're actually having the faces be built on bone structure and not textures this time around! Which means all the different faces would actually look different.

Additionally, I really wish we could get these models before the expansion. Looking at the old ones is super painful now.

EDIT: Whoopsie, just found a new one! (The female gnome is super popular on tumblr, I guess.)

• Aela's Pet Journal