New Character Models Discussion - Update! Fem Gnome Faces

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: New Character Models Discussion - Update! Fem Gnome Face

Unread post by Lupis »

I checked the worgen whitewashing out in beta earlier and dang. I... really didn't expect Blizzard to mess up that badly. Missing an undead face option? Happens. Messed up tongue coloration on male jawless undead? Little detail. Heck, even female tauren are understandable.

...But they're completely changing the skin colors of a large percentage of worgen players now. What even. Face doesn't match with the old one? Well, your male worgen's entire skin doesn't match the old one. :|

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Kayb »

Still no proper skullface for Forsaken female :( They're gonna completely ignore it :(
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Kayb wrote:Still no proper skullface for Forsaken female :( They're gonna completely ignore it :(
I'm really sad about this. :( Also about the male forsaken not having dark sockets anymore in some of the face options. The glow goes away for those, but they still have visibly pale eyes.
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Vephriel wrote:
Kayb wrote:Still no proper skullface for Forsaken female :( They're gonna completely ignore it :(
I'm really sad about this. :( Also about the male forsaken not having dark sockets anymore in some of the face options. The glow goes away for those, but they still have visibly pale eyes.
My two undead used these two faces exactly. ;_; Really, really sad about that, it completely ruins their look.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Vephriel

LupisDarkmoon wrote:
Vephriel wrote:
My two undead used these two faces exactly. ;_; Really, really sad about that, it completely ruins their look.
Yeah...the X faceplate used to be one of my favourite customizations, but the new eyes just don't look as cool at all. :/ It just seems like such a huge discrepancy, I don't understand why they couldn't have left the dark sockets.

Image Image
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_101414_121939.png
WoWScrnShot_101414_121939.png (247.73 KiB) Viewed 20874 times
mage.png
mage.png (701.83 KiB) Viewed 20874 times
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

I like the new face wrap. *shrug* I hated it that they had no eyeballs. I thought it was ugly. So...for me....I'm glad it's fixed.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

I also noticed that all the fleshy tongue bits are green now, instead of changing color with the skin. Which... I hate... because I hate the green color.

Just. Why this. :| They dropped the ball so bigtime on the details for undead.

(I wouldn't really call it a fix when there were tons of facial options that still had glowing eyes, and that one was the special one out.)

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Vephriel

LupisDarkmoon wrote:I also noticed that all the fleshy tongue bits are green now, instead of changing color with the skin. Which... I hate... because I hate the green color.

Just. Why this. :| They dropped the ball so bigtime on the details for undead.

(I wouldn't really call it a fix when there were tons of facial options that still had glowing eyes, and that one was the special one out.)
I was hoping the tongue colours were a glitch because I swear early on they changed colour too...still crossing my fingers because I loved being able to choose that, but...:/
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

I'm just getting this weird... "good enough" vibe from the borked new models. Missing a really distinctive face? Eh, good enough. Almost nobody likes how the tauren have droopylip? Good enough. All the tongue colors are the same? Good enough.

I dearly hope that later on they'll edit those things in, maybe when they do the Belf revamp. Because it's just really disappointing right now.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:I'm just getting this weird... "good enough" vibe from the borked new models. Missing a really distinctive face? Eh, good enough. Almost nobody likes how the tauren have droopylip? Good enough. All the tongue colors are the same? Good enough.

I dearly hope that later on they'll edit those things in, maybe when they do the Belf revamp. Because it's just really disappointing right now.
Please, if Blizz's track record sticks to what they did when it came to worgen females, then enjoy this guys cause you're out of luck. :c

I'm really really really hoping they don't screw up BEs. Like, the model has aged relatively well. And I main BEs. And if they screw it up I'd be a very sad Azu.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Honestly they fucked up Worgen by turning them into those Cata ones :p

I'm really looking forward to Cows update. I mean you'd have to try really hard to fuck up a all black female cow :lol:
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

They're ignoring a lot of things. No skull face for undead girls, no dark-eyed faces for undead males, all the female gnomes look seriously unhappy, male worgen are still whitewashed, male humans and nelfs still have velcroed-on beards...

Of course, the ORCS look GREAT. >_<

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

cowmuflage wrote:Honestly they fucked up Worgen by turning them into those Cata ones :p

I'm really looking forward to Cows update. I mean you'd have to try really hard to fuck up a all black female cow :lol:
Well they did manage to give cows that goat-ish face and eternally open mouth. :(
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Boven wrote:
cowmuflage wrote:Honestly they fucked up Worgen by turning them into those Cata ones :p

Well they did manage to give cows that goat-ish face and eternally open mouth. :(
I like the Blizz nose way way more then any of the fan made edits. Personally they've all looked like poop.
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

I wish they'd say for certain whether they're actually going to continue to iterate now that the models or live or if we're just stuck with this. I have 19 90s, 15 of which got new models. THREE alts still look like themselves, and an additional SEVEN are fixable via the barber shop.

The remaining five will need to be abandoned or require real money to be fixed (character recustomization for skin tone issues for two, race changes for the remaining three).

Which is why I'm turning off character models, because I just don't have that kind of money.
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

I also just realized that they never fixed the male troll Big Fat Braid hairdo. It sticks straight back, defying all physics and everything. Doesn't look at all intentional- here's to hoping that's honestly just a bug.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

LupisDarkmoon wrote:I also just realized that they never fixed the male troll Big Fat Braid hairdo. It sticks straight back, defying all physics and everything. Doesn't look at all intentional- here's to hoping that's honestly just a bug.
No that's just Voodo!
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Noob question I know but the new models they come out with the expack right? Not the patch?
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Nope, they came out today, with the patch!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Okay then. I dunno why I thought Cow looked unchanged then :lol: