New Character Models Discussion - Update! Fem Gnome Faces

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Re: New Character Models confirmed as well as new Expansion!

Unread post by Myrrmi »

It's one of the bosses of the council fight in ToT :)

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Snowy wrote:
Junrei wrote:Added the female trolls to the front page. :3
Those trolls aren't the player models, though. I believe it was an NPC model used sometime in Cata/MoP? They were just using it as an example as to how the females *might* end up looking once they're done. :3
Oooh. Alright, I'll remove it. I've never seen that model before(definitely not in ToT)

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

Here she is: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=69132 ;)

It's most definitelly an old model, just with some new fancy texture on it.
I really like her feel, though - savage, yet still beatiful, in her savage way. The problem with those all-but-one troll faces is not that they're not cute/feminine enough, it's that they're poopin ugly :P
Last edited by Myrrmi on Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Is that her? Huh. I never really paid attention. I was usually too busy with the sand guy in my face for the first half of it and the other half, following the shadow around. XD

LisaaraPokefarm

Smyelmdar
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem/Kilrogg/Nagrand EU

Unread post by Smyelmdar »

Myrrmi wrote: It's most definitelly an old model, just with some new fancy texture on it.
I can say for sure that it's not just the old player model that has had a new skin on it. Might be a modified version of it or something.
I hope they make them look like that model, or at least something similar.

I tried comparing the old model to the newer one, and you can see the difference is not only the skin. :)

I'll be waiting on the highland, with its wonderful serenity.
Where the stars glow and the brooks flow, that's my way of life.
When the mountains on the highland, and the nature is surrounding me, when the wind blows, that's all I need.

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

What Smyelmdar said. That's almost entirely a new model AND texture. So that, honestly, might be pretty close to what the player model looks like.

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

It's still pretty lady like but tough too. It's bits of both worlds.
Smyelmdar
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

cowmuflage wrote:It's still pretty lady like but tough too. It's bits of both worlds.
Exactly. And that can work for me.

But imagine that one cute face they have now, put on this model. o.O

When the mountains on the highland, and the nature is surrounding me, when the wind blows, that's all I need.

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Smyelmdar wrote:But imagine that one cute face they have now, put on this model. o.O
You mean that cute face that EEEEEVERYONE picks? :P (Not dissing it! I like it. I'm not a troll person, but it'd be my face of choice.) I think it could work if done right. There needs to be more variation now in faces though. For troll females I always found it was either vicious, ugly, vicious, REALLY VICIOUS, or cute. o.o

Smyelmdar
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Snowy wrote:
Smyelmdar wrote:But imagine that one cute face they have now, put on this model. o.O
You mean that cute face that EEEEEVERYONE picks? :P (Not dissing it! I like it. I'm not a troll person, but it'd be my face of choice.) I think it could work if done right. There needs to be more variation now in faces though. For troll females I always found it was either vicious, ugly, vicious, REALLY VICIOUS, or cute. o.o
Haha well I always go for the ugly/vicious ones. And I am a troll person. Most my characters are trolls. Or dwarf females. :P

Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

Everyone? Now, now Snowy, I have it on like one or two of my Trolls. The vast majority use two of the vicious ones, because I'm not one for cute characters. Especially cute Trolls, because if I wanted to gag on over-sugary sweetness, I'd play a Belf or a Gnome. :D
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Mozag wrote:Everyone? Now, now Snowy, I have it on like one or two of my Trolls. The vast majority use two of the vicious ones, because I'm not one for cute characters. Especially cute Trolls, because if I wanted to gag on over-sugary sweetness, I'd play a Belf or a Gnome. :D
That's actually not true. I RARELY come across a female troll using the vicious troll faces that look uglier than sin. Most use the gentler face. Even me. :P Luna'jin has a pretty face. If I wanted to play an old bag, I'd go play an undead. :P
Last edited by Lisaara on Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LisaaraPokefarm

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Mozag wrote:Everyone? Now, now Snowy, I have it on like one or two of my Trolls. The vast majority use two of the vicious ones, because I'm not one for cute characters. Especially cute Trolls, because if I wanted to gag on over-sugary sweetness, I'd play a Belf or a Gnome. :D
This is just from the sidelines, since I'm not someone who plays trolls. :P I've just noticed the 'cute' face being used quite often is all.

Mozag

Unread post by Mozag »

Junrei wrote:
That's actually not true. I RARELY come across a female troll using the vicious troll faces that look uglier than sin. Most use the gentler face.
Yes, my wording was wrong. I meant the vast majority of MY trolls. But yeah, you are both right. Almost everyone uses that sugary face. It's kinda gross, because why play a Barbie Troll? But oh well, to each their own. :)
Smyelmdar
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

I always get surprised when I see people using other than the cutsey face on the female trolls. It's rare. At least on my server/battlegroup.

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Mozag wrote:
Junrei wrote:
That's actually not true. I RARELY come across a female troll using the vicious troll faces that look uglier than sin. Most use the gentler face.
Yes, my wording was wrong. I meant the vast majority of MY trolls. But yeah, you are both right. Almost everyone uses that sugary face. It's kinda gross, because why play a Barbie Troll? But oh well, to each their own. :)
I edited my post to say if I wanted to look like an ugly old bag, I'd play an undead. The 'vicious faces' don't look vicious to me. They look deformed, ugly, and overall primative to what the trolls have evolved into. My troll is young, why would I give her the face of something much older than her, yanno?

But as you said, to each their own. :P

LisaaraPokefarm

Mozag

Unread post by Mozag »

Oh if only the Undead females LOOKED like ugly old bags, but sadly they have the option for pretty faces too, which sort of disturbs me. They are ZOMBIES. Why are they hot??? O.o

And yes, I actually have two Trolls with the cute face as well, because RP wise they are both very young, and I wanted to show that in some way. And while I love them, I always get uncomfortable having these beauty queen trolls walking around like so many Belves. :D
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Mozag wrote:Oh if only the Undead females LOOKED like ugly old bags, but sadly they have the option for pretty faces too, which sort of disturbs me.
I like my undead female's 'pretty' face! D: I know exactly the face people are thinking of, and to me, it was always kind of more of a 'blank' expression and that's why I liked it so much, because my undead female has always had a sort of 'I have no idea what I'm doing' kind of attitude and I liked that.

And, well, as an undead person, I can't say that I'm into the 'cuter' stuff. :P My main is a blood elf, admittedly, but she has what I like to call a very 'pissed off' expression, I love it. I never thought of the blood elves as 'cute'. I always thought they looked like they had some attitude, and I liked that. But yeah, the Forsaken are my favourite race of all time, and my favourite facial expression for my girl I always call the 'I have no idea what I'm doing' confused expression. She just looks so blank. xD To me, the 'cute' race are the female gnomes!

Still, if I like what the new undead females look like, my main will no longer have to be a blood elf anyway. (':

Bangeall
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Doomhammer EU

Unread post by Bangeall »

Slickrock wrote:They made it VERY clear they are not changing the models, they are updating them... ones like the forsaken get more changes because the old one was so crude (spine) but they are trying to stay as faithful to the old models as they can.
If they straighten up the Undead a little I will be so, so happy. Their posture is a pet peeve of mine, even though I love them. Oddly enough I actually like most of the faces for them, and they're one of the only races I can say that for.

I really hope that Night Elf females retain their current physique. They look graceful but are clearly strong, and I wouldn't have Bangeall any other way. I really don't want a Barbie-doll Night Elf, or one with the Human physique.

Oh God, I need a gnome now. Those faces are so adorable. Why do I not have a gnome?!

For the first time in quite a while, I'm excited about WoW again! Can't wait to see more!
Smyelmdar
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

I actually hope the undead females will resemble the new undead males. I just love those.
But I'm also really looking forward to seeing some more different face types on the new models.
They're really killing us with all this new stuff! I want to see all of the new models nao! :D