Draenor Map

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Draenor Map

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

I'm guessing it'll be a new, completely different zone than Outland, cause time-travel and stuff. Still kinda hoping they'll update the starting areas tho...
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Draenor Map

Unread post by Wain »

Awesome. Somehow I always thought that Outland was a fragment of a larger continent, but it looks not much bigger. So I guess it broke off around the shorelines!
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Very neat! I put it side by side with the Outland map, it's cool seeing the recognizable areas and how they changed. I'm interested if there will be noticeable landmarks or something that will give some de ja vu in the zones themselves.

Attachments
Image3.png
Image3.png (889.26 KiB) Viewed 13847 times
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Here's a compare of sizes.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Looks like there is just water where Zangarmarsh is XD Loved that place.
Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Frostwolf, Blackwater Raiders

Unread post by Aeladrine »

I wonder how Zangarmarsh happened. Though it's really interesting that it seems the Iron Horde "tamed" the Tanaan Jungle and made it into Hellfire Peninsula.
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.
Tumblr || Deviantart || WoW RP Blog

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Aeladrine wrote:I wonder how Zangarmarsh happened. Though it's really interesting that it seems the Iron Horde "tamed" the Tanaan Jungle and made it into Hellfire Peninsula.
I guess the sea drained away as the world cracked, and all the mushrooms and spore creatures colonized.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

So what is going to happen from lvl 58 to 68, and what about professions that rely on outland to lvl up ?
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

AdamSavage wrote:So what is going to happen from lvl 58 to 68, and what about professions that rely on outland to lvl up ?
Outland isn't going anywhere, this is a completely new zone/area.
Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Chamber of Aspects-A, Bloodhoof-H

Unread post by Golden »

I understood it like this: it's like they open a new instanced version of Draenor that's completely separate from the Outland that we already knew. Both are available through their very own Dark Portal that sort of creates a solid link between them and the Azeroth we have now.

To bring some perspective, the portal to Outland might also link to a different time altogether (in comparison to Azeroth) - we just didn't know better, since we had nothing to compare it to!

Edit: heck, Draenor might be what Azeroth turns into a few billion years from when our heroes were around!! XD

God I'm bad at explaining this.
Vephriel

I'm really happy they decided to update Outland in a way that doesn't interfere with the original. Not that Outland couldn't use some updates, but I'd rather they not revamp it completely. Now we get to have both. :)
AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

MaximumOverdrive wrote:Outland isn't going anywhere, this is a completely new zone/area.
Ah ok, that makes much more sense. I must of missed that.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

And Zangarmarsh is actually an ocean..
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

pop wrote:And Zangarmarsh is actually an ocean..
Hence the Fungal Whales concept art that was shown earlier.

I think Zangarmarsh will be a bog/underwater zone, based on concept art

Hopefully with a few of those wicked-looking dragonflies hovering around water level...

Zangarmarsh is my favorite zone currently, and this is just a less colonized, less industrialized version of it! :headbang:
Vephriel

Oh man, Zangarmarsh looks amazing in those concepts. I am going to be scared shitless to be in the water with those things, but I'M STILL LOOKING FORWARD TO IT.
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

It's really interesting they considered Zangarmarsh to be a sea, I imagined myself that the empty space that would, if blizz actually made the map round, would be ocean and that only the tips of like, Shadowmoon and maybe current-Hellfire would of connected with the other end of the world where Nagrand and Zangarmarsh are. But for Zangarmarsh to be a drained sea is neat :D I absolutely ADORED Vashj'ir, I love and am obsessed with underwater zones like that and can probably never get tired of them. But I'm so freaked out by Whale Sharks, Kraken/Leviathans, and the Old-God squid-kraken creatures. And not sitting too well with that big ass clam in Dread Wastes either xD

I mean, if I'm really into it I'll kinda go near em, I did follow the random squid-kraken thing that swims around in the dread wastes/townlong steppes (does it swim off the shore of townlong?) and killed the giant clam but I still do panic when I'm in the water and nearby the kraken/leviathan creatures and it's just doing its own thing so like, it could totally just come over and eat me... or whale sharks. Definitely don't like whale sharks. Probably will be admiring fungal whales from a far, far distance.

And omfg no to giant bugs from hell ;AAA; It's gonna take a lot for me to handle going near them if the concept art makes it in-game and they really do look as nasty as they do in the sketches

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Serendipity82
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Serendipity82 »

I could have sworn that in Rise of the Horde, Zangarmarsh was pretty much as it is in game currently and was never an ocean. Which was why the Draenei retreated their to lick their wounds after the orcs nuked Shattrath.
Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

Oh light, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one scared poopless of unexpected huge things, especially unexpected huge things in the water with me, and having nothing but dark deeps below you from where naaru-knows-what may emerge :lol
I'll just say that the prime moments of my first days in wow include:
- running away from the ent guardian in the nelf newbtown - and then observing it with a horrid fascination from a safe hiding
- questing in Loch Modan and thinking it will be much faster to just swim straight through this half-dried pond, and then, in the middle of it, looking to my side... - \OoO/

Still, I can't wait to see the Zangar Sea :D I love the spore fauna!

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Serendipity82 wrote:I could have sworn that in Rise of the Horde, Zangarmarsh was pretty much as it is in game currently and was never an ocean. Which was why the Draenei retreated their to lick their wounds after the orcs nuked Shattrath.
You should have worn a red shirt there at the Q&A.. :-)

I guess they would explain it that this is before all those events, so some of the changes haven't happened yet.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Serendipity82
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Serendipity82 »

Ha I should have XD I'm very excited about all this, but I will post on another thread as to why I'm a bit thrown on the timeline.