Weapon sheaths and Hood for hunter

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Weapon sheaths and Hood for hunter

Unread post by pop »

The Draenei Hunter/Archer from the trailer has a sheath on his back... and if he is a hunter..I would wish the hood would be available for hunters to transmog it..
Serendipity82
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm

Re: Weapon sheaths and Hood for hunter

Unread post by Serendipity82 »

I thought it was kind of badass that the hunter in the trailer got into melee combat with the orc. Yes please. I'd love to have a melee hunter. The Rangers from GW2 got me hooked on it.
Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

Uhm... it's just a trailer :P an almost cinematic-like one when it comes to the particular scenes. Wasn't there a wolfrider looking like in a mounted combat as well? And didn't Blizz say it won't happen - for players at least, NPCs don't seem to have a problem with that.
Same goes for the cosmetics. Sylvanas got a quiver of arrows on her back last time I've seen her, I think, correct me if I'm wrong.

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I know they mentioned they were still considering quivers, so hopefully that's still the case. It's entirely possible we'll see them next xpac!

And yes, I agree that the hood look feels so much more like a hunter to me than a hard helm. But then I always felt that hunters looked more natural in a leather/cloth look rather than mail. More like a ranger. Clanking around in mail just seems silly to me. Shaman feel even sillier in mail to me, as it makes them further removed from the real-world concept of a shaman.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Solunerra
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Terokkar

Unread post by Solunerra »

Wain wrote:I know they mentioned they were still considering quivers, so hopefully that's still the case. It's entirely possible we'll see them next xpac!

And yes, I agree that the hood look feels so much more like a hunter to me than a hard helm. But then I always felt that hunters looked more natural in a leather/cloth look rather than mail. More like a ranger. Clanking around in mail just seems silly to me. Shaman feel even sillier in mail to me, as it makes them further removed from the real-world concept of a shaman.
Kinda all was thought they should just get read of mail armor type. Convert 1-39 in to plate and 40+ in to leather. Then make it so Hunters and Shamans use leather as main armor and the plate class all start with plate at level one.