Level 100 talent??

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Tsuki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Level 100 talent??

Unread post by Tsuki »

Danielfboone wrote:
Slickrock wrote:Regarding the pets or no pets... let's look at one boss fight. Immersius.

Last night in raid my pet despawned at least 3 times during the fight, because of the distance between the boss where the pet was attacking, and where I was running from the water jet. There's also lost dps time due to all that running.

So for a fight like that, a MM spec without a pet would be ideal.

Gotta remember that this is a choice, and the talents are now such that we can swap for each fight if needed.

The better question here should be, are those other two talents worthwhile if you don't want to take WoWY?
I had no issues with Immersius. His hit box is huge and my pet is usually very close to me in that fight. The fight that caused problems for me is the Iron Juggernaut. I frequently got knocked back so far that I lost contact with my pet and had to resummon him.
I'm going to take a wild guess and say this is most likely due to blinking strikes (Maegara's issue stems from that too IIRC), simply because your pet is teleporting behind him. During an LFR run, I was standing opposite the main tank and had no despawn issues, however, during a Flex run, I was positioned behind the tank (I died 3 times due to that cone attack, so then I moved more to the side for the non-split phases. e.e) and found that if I wasn't at the edge of the platform right before Immersius' pool, that my pet would eventually blink behind him and despawn.
In all honesty, I think they should make pet range larger, or at least make blinking strikes not teleport a pet if it would despawn them. >.<

~Signature made by Serenith~Image~Signature made by Serenith~

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Lisaara »

I never had issues with immersius either but I dont use Blink Strikes cause many fights aren't friendly with it.

Also never ever stand behind the tank. That's a no no, especially on Immersius.
Last edited by Lisaara on Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Tsuki wrote:I'm going to take a wild guess and say this is most likely due to blinking strikes (Maegara's issue stems from that too IIRC), simply because your pet is teleporting behind him. During an LFR run, I was standing opposite the main tank and had no despawn issues, however, during a Flex run, I was positioned behind the tank (I died 3 times due to that cone attack, so then I moved more to the side for the non-split phases. e.e) and found that if I wasn't at the edge of the platform right before Immersius' pool, that my pet would eventually blink behind him and despawn.
Yeah you realllly don't ever want to stand near the tank on that fight (my raid group doesn't even allow anyone other than healers in that half of the room). :)

As far as the despawn issue, I've been doing Immerseus as BM with blink strike since the beginning of 5.4 and have never had a problem. I think the reason is because I prefer standing in melee range on that fight, even closer than where the pet stands to attack, and so when it blinks it never gets more than 40 yards from me. The healers and other ranged prefer standing further back so it not only saves me from having pet issues but also gives me plenty of room to move around to drop the puddle things that come out.
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

peanutbuttercup wrote:
Tsuki wrote:I'm going to take a wild guess and say this is most likely due to blinking strikes (Maegara's issue stems from that too IIRC), simply because your pet is teleporting behind him. During an LFR run, I was standing opposite the main tank and had no despawn issues, however, during a Flex run, I was positioned behind the tank (I died 3 times due to that cone attack, so then I moved more to the side for the non-split phases. e.e) and found that if I wasn't at the edge of the platform right before Immersius' pool, that my pet would eventually blink behind him and despawn.
Yeah you realllly don't ever want to stand near the tank on that fight (my raid group doesn't even allow anyone other than healers in that half of the room). :)

As far as the despawn issue, I've been doing Immerseus as BM with blink strike since the beginning of 5.4 and have never had a problem. I think the reason is because I prefer standing in melee range on that fight, even closer than where the pet stands to attack, and so when it blinks it never gets more than 40 yards from me. The healers and other ranged prefer standing further back so it not only saves me from having pet issues but also gives me plenty of room to move around to drop the puddle things that come out.
That's exactly what I do. When I'm behind the boss, my pet is actually behind me. I use Blink Strikes and have never had an issue. Never had a problem on Megara either. Maybe because I use a macro that applies Hunter's mark and makes the pet attack that target. I always have my pet on assist as well.

Get your target and the macro is:
/cast Hunter's Mark
/petattack

My pet never attacks anything that hasn't already attacked me unless I use that macro.
Tsuki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Tsuki »

ah sorry sorry
Just did maegara today; the issue is not that the pet despawns, it's that the pet teleports behind and then gets stuck when the head dies, being easily fixed by putting pressing the passive button. a /petattack target probably works too (although clicking kill command doesn't so I'm not sure)

~Signature made by Serenith~Image~Signature made by Serenith~