Item Changes

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Item Changes

Unread post by Lisaara »

- No Str Plate vs Int Plate. Just plate(same with other stuff)
- Hit and Exp = GONE
- Dodge and Parry = GONE
- Your gear will change based on your spec. No more two sets to carry around! Includes set bonuses too.
- Gem Sockets won't have bonuses
- Gems will be more powerful
- Enchants will be fewer needed
- Multiple enchants to choose from
- One tier set per class

Non Armor
- Jewelery, Cloaks, Trinkets more roll focuses
- Can have spirit for heals
- Can have armor for tanks

Tertiary Stats
- Can appear on gear and doesn't count against the budget(example: Lifesteal that can heal you a % of your health)

Item Squish
- It's back! Why? Well...Intellect 20,640....49,928 Fireball.....400,000 dps.....Kinda ridiculous....
- Item inflation comes from previous raids
- That power jump is less important now
- Flattened out a lot of those zeroes
- At levels 60, 70, 80, and 85
- Example: Intellect 20,640/49,928 Fireball ---> 1100 Int/2209 Fireball
- Relative power will NOT change
- Relative 5.4 gear power will NOT change
- If it takes you 5 seconds to kill a gulp frog, it'll still take you 5 seconds to kill a gulp frog....
- Ability to solo old content will NOT change

So there ya have it!
Last edited by Lisaara on Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:42 pm, edited 6 times in total.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Re: Item Changes

Unread post by Sukurachi »

as in "gone from gear"? or "gone from the game as a stat"?

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Sukurachi wrote:as in "gone from gear"? or "gone from the game as a stat"?
Gear. Thus why the topic name is 'items'. :)

LisaaraPokefarm

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

These are really cool changes to make getting gear more fun.

It's worth stressing that "Your gear will change based on your spec" not only applies to secondary stats but also primary ones. So there will be no true int plate vs. str plate, int mail vs agi mail etc. There'll just be a plate piece, which switches from int to str depending on spec. Pretty exciting.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Wain wrote:These are really cool changes to make getting gear more fun.

It's worth stressing that "Your gear will change based on your spec" not only applies to secondary stats but also primary ones. So there will be no true int plate vs. str plate, int mail vs agi mail etc. There'll just be a plate piece, which switches from int to str depending on spec. Pretty exciting.
Exactly. That's just so rad! I'm super stoked for such a change!

LisaaraPokefarm

Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

A few notes here..

The secondary stats won't change. Just the primary.

Seems like they want to move more towards the D3 type loot, more random, and with potential bonuses.

A hunter in full 528 has 30k health, and I think it was 600 dps on the tooltip.

(Hit and expertise had not been removed yet, so those stats will probably change).
Account has been closed at user's request.
Slickrock

Ok, now that I'm home with a little more time to type and not getting thumb cramps from my BB...

I get the impression that what they are trying to do with loot is go closer to the D3 model, where you have more randomness that is in addition to item budget. So....

As a hunter if you get a piece of mail, it will have Agi on it. (If a shammie, it will swap between int and agi based on spec)
The piece will have crit, mastery or haste on it in some combo.
Then there is a chance for addition things....
It might be rare.
It might be epic.
It might have speed, cleave, etc on it.
It might have a socket.

So if I'm right, loot will be much more random, and there's much more of a chance of a "wow" factor than there is today, much more like D3 with it's random things on gear.

I like this. While you might get hosed by RNG, it still opens the chance for very cool things. Much better than the current "the ring from the next boss ranks 250 points better than the one I have according to MrRobot".

One other thing.. they are talking about bringing back armour as a stat. I wonder if it will appear on items with Agi on it, and if so, if it will again benefit us by transfering that stat to our pets..... (it would likely be on rings, cloaks, etc). if you don't have a bear tank, or druid at all in the group... :-)
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Slickrock wrote:Ok, now that I'm home with a little more time to type and not getting thumb cramps from my BB...

I get the impression that what they are trying to do with loot is go closer to the D3 model, where you have more randomness that is in addition to item budget. So....

As a hunter if you get a piece of mail, it will have Agi on it. (If a shammie, it will swap between int and agi based on spec)
The piece will have crit, mastery or haste on it in some combo.
Then there is a chance for addition things....
It might be rare.
It might be epic.
It might have speed, cleave, etc on it.
It might have a socket.

So if I'm right, loot will be much more random, and there's much more of a chance of a "wow" factor than there is today, much more like D3 with it's random things on gear.

I like this. While you might get hosed by RNG, it still opens the chance for very cool things. Much better than the current "the ring from the next boss ranks 250 points better than the one I have according to MrRobot".

One other thing.. they are talking about bringing back armour as a stat. I wonder if it will appear on items with Agi on it, and if so, if it will again benefit us by transfering that stat to our pets..... (it would likely be on rings, cloaks, etc). if you don't have a bear tank, or druid at all in the group... :-)
Correct and I too am stoked about this. It'll make it much more fun. I always loved the Diablo loot system. ^.^

LisaaraPokefarm

Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

I'm afraid it would get -to- Diablo-ish for my tastes :/ I'm not sure I'll like the double-rng of loot.
"Yo dawg, we've heard you liked rng, so we've put rng behind your rng, so you can pray while you pray" kinda way :P

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

I like the Item Squish, I just think they went went too extreme with it. I think fine tuning that, is going to be a major headache for them and be the biggest thing slowing them down.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Slickrock

AdamSavage wrote:I like the Item Squish, I just think they went went too extreme with it. I think fine tuning that, is going to be a major headache for them and be the biggest thing slowing them down.
Seemed fine in the demo, at least for the starting zone.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I am glad they are doing the squish. I had zero problem with the numbers as is, but it is easier to keep up with thousands over hundreds of thousands. That being said, I almost wish it didn't get squished as much. Screenshots I saw was like 90-95% squish. I think its necessary to squish, but I was looking for 75%. As long as they keep their word that old content will not feel different (in terms of soloing), I will be content.

I like the idea of stats of +run speed, but I dread what min maxxers are going to do with that. Although with no reforge and less enchanting, there's not much they can do beside make lists of BIS stats. I liked reforging on my hybrids. Helped with poorly itemized pieces.

That being said, I dont think I get the gear changes. We are going to only have armor classes, and then the stats will change depending on your role? Like a paladin has a plate chest, and if he is in prot, itll have STR and holy will have INT? Thats a major quality of life change, but that could affect raid longevity unless these tertiary stats/role based jewelry are really enticing.

Edit: Just saw Slick's post. That is interesting. RNG is... got a love/hate relationship with it. Balancing the concept of paced upgrading against consistent upgrading is tough. It seems to me this change makes it more likely to get a basic upgrade (since you only need your armor class to drop), but less likely to get the best or most ideal piece (since the slots/tertiary stats are RNG). That is certainly interesting.

Curious to see how all that pans out. Way to early for real predictions anyway.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Quivering wrote:I am glad they are doing the squish. I had zero problem with the numbers as is, but it is easier to keep up with thousands over hundreds of thousands. That being said, I almost wish it didn't get squished as much. Screenshots I saw was like 90-95% squish. I think its necessary to squish, but I was looking for 75%. As long as they keep their word that old content will not feel different (in terms of soloing), I will be content.

I like the idea of stats of +run speed, but I dread what min maxxers are going to do with that. Although with no reforge and less enchanting, there's not much they can do beside make lists of BIS stats. I liked reforging on my hybrids. Helped with poorly itemized pieces.

That being said, I dont think I get the gear changes. We are going to only have armor classes, and then the stats will change depending on your role? Like a paladin has a plate chest, and if he is in prot, itll have STR and holy will have INT? Thats a major quality of life change, but that could affect raid longevity unless these tertiary stats/role based jewelry are really enticing.

Edit: Just saw Slick's post. That is interesting. RNG is... got a love/hate relationship with it. Balancing the concept of paced upgrading against consistent upgrading is tough. It seems to me this change makes it more likely to get a basic upgrade (since you only need your armor class to drop), but less likely to get the best or most ideal piece (since the slots/tertiary stats are RNG). That is certainly interesting.

Curious to see how all that pans out. Way to early for real predictions anyway.
You are correct in the plate thing. You'll basically not need to lug around a second set anymore(thank god, imho...I always have a bag dedicated just to my offspec gear and I hate it.)

But I think it'll turn out great, since many have played the demos and reported good things about it. But still a bit early.

LisaaraPokefarm

Slickrock

I also would not worry about min-maxxing with those secondary stats, as they made it clear that those would be rare, and likely would not appear on all slots. So you aren't going to try to assemble a full run-speed set, for example.

So you'll get normal stats on gear, and once in a while it might have one of these plus stats, or a socket, or be rare or epic. A milder version of D3 gear, without the AH madness.

I do wonder if those stats will show up on crafted gear.... might be nice for crafters, who are going to be really hurting otherwise.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

* Your gear will change based on your spec. No more two sets to carry around! Includes set bonuses too

When Wain told me this in-game the other day I almost fell out of my chair!!! For someone who plays alot of hybrid classes this is a godsend! Esp going from Kitty to Bear, two sets of feral gear is stupid. And i can finally quest on my pally as ret and heal as holy when i want!!!

Just...all my yes!

I'll also add the random gear thing seems cool too :) But that change alone will have me buying this xpac!

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

Oh yes, I soo love it too :D this way I will finally get back to pally tanking, being to lazy to gather 2 sets right now. And maybe I'll even try tanking on my DK?

Also the news on the set bonuses changing depending on your current spec - my druu will be more than just barely-passable boomkin without having to gather another set aside from her resto mainspec :) Same will go for my baby ele/resto shammy as soon as she levels up enough for it to be of any concern.

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)