Pets in Garrison

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
seiferzero
Realm: Nemesis

Pets in Garrison

Unread post by seiferzero »

so, yesterday i saw someone asked if was possibile to have as followers our alts, and it would be really cool, if you have many hunters in the account... but i thought, do you think it would be possibile, for hunters, to have in garrison their stable? and for stable i mean a real building where you can see some (or all) your hunter pets as npc? this is your home so...it would be cool, also for rp.
:D
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Pets in Garrison

Unread post by Vephriel »

I was actually really excited for a moment during the panel when I saw 'Pet Stable', but it turned out to be for Pet Battles. :(

Not gonna lie, I was hoping it would turn out to be something akin to the Dalaran stables where we could see our own pets as you said, but maybe that's a bit too much for a feature that would only cater to one class.
Solunerra
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Terokkar

Unread post by Solunerra »

Might be a lot of work as Vephriel said. But it would be so awesome :).
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

I'd settle for a stable master... :D
Account has been closed at user's request.
Zaranock
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Bladefist

Unread post by Zaranock »

Slickrock wrote:I'd settle for a stable master... :D
Ditto. Just a stable master outside a barn could be enough for my imagination to work on.
Heleos
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Medivh

Unread post by Heleos »

Really?! Its just for battle pets?!?! ::cries::
Heleos
Night Elf Hunter
Medivh- US
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

That would be super awesome!!

In the same style I would love a stable for mounts. So like how when you buy a horse theres a stable area and a little ring? Well maybe there could be a feature where you could pick maybe 5 of your favourite mounts to display in the stable :) So you'd have a few in the docks and a a few walking around the paddock. If you picked a drake they could hover above the paddock or something. I dunno how the logistics would be implementing that but I freakin love it.

After all isnt the point of the garrison to show off a little bit? Since you can invite your mates to have a look?

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Vephriel

It sounds like we'll be able to display mounts and battle pets (assuming battle pets at least, but maybe they'll add something for hunters!) *crosses fingers*

Attachments
Image1.jpg
Image1.jpg (32.21 KiB) Viewed 18664 times
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

OH MY GOD

/dies x.x

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

I know folks were hoping for hunter pets instead of battle pets (and it's entirely possible they may add them in, so I wouldn't count it out yet) but realistically it makes more sense to put in something that a larger portion of players could/would use.

I totally love the idea of having favorite mounts stabled for show! Anyone remember there used to be an orange riding tiger stabled outside of Gadgetzan? I would sit there and just stare at it. Maybe now I can park my own version and stare at it too!

Wonder what it would take to add in a naming option for mounts...
Kintsugi
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Elune, Wyrmrest Accord, Earthen Ring

Unread post by Kintsugi »

I'd be happy with a version of the Dalaran or Garadar stables. Even if those were "my" pets per se, it was still enough.
And a little customization feature like that probably wouldn't take too much to whip up. But I really hope those tweets come true and it IS my own pets I see.
Vephriel

peanutbuttercup wrote:I know folks were hoping for hunter pets instead of battle pets (and it's entirely possible they may add them in, so I wouldn't count it out yet) but realistically it makes more sense to put in something that a larger portion of players could/would use.
I definitely agree, my hopes were rather slim on the hunter pet front, but still...if I'm being optimistic, they'll already have the technology/coding/whatever you want to call it to implement something like that, so maybe we'll get lucky. :)

Even if we don't get hunter pets though I'm pretty thrilled at the prospect of displaying our favourite mounts and minipets at least. :D

And ahh I miss the Dalaran stables so much, they were the main spot I'd loiter in back in Wrath. Even if they weren't my pets it was neat being surrounded by beasts that would change every so often.
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Vephriel wrote:And ahh I miss the Dalaran stables so much, they were the main spot I'd loiter in back in Wrath. Even if they weren't my pets it was neat being surrounded by beasts that would change every so often.
I always thought that was a cool touch, seeing different pets in there every day or so. It gave it more of the feeling that hunters were coming in and switching out their pets regularly.

I admit I also like the "zoo" part of the DMF, since some of the animals there are also hunter pets. When the NPC takes one out for a walk and I have a similar pet on me, sometimes I'll join them!
Kintsugi
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Elune, Wyrmrest Accord, Earthen Ring

Unread post by Kintsugi »

I get nostalgic whenever I happen to go to the stables in Dalaran as well. It was so well done, and thoughtful towards the hunter community. I felt good about leaving my pets there, knowing they would be well taken care of. Some stable masters worry me a bit, like that goblin in the Barrens :(
Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

When I've decided to retire my starter bear, it was Dalaran stables specifically that I went to to "deposit" him. It just seemed like a place where he'll be taken care of the best.

Even if there's no hunter-pet shpwcase stable, I'm still more than happy to be able to have mounts and battlepets out. Most of my characters have a set of 3-5(-10) mounts tied exclusively to them, and as for pets... I already see my panda shammy's stablefull of pandarian elementals running around her garrison, causing havoc :D

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

It wouldn't necessarily be for one class only. You could see pets from your hunter alt(s). Or if just for the hunter, it could be the first 5 from your first page.

Putting battlepets in a stable is a little odd. Like my wolvar pup is a slave instead of a fighting buddy.