Flying Delayed Until First Major Patch

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Re: Flying Delayed Until First Major Patch

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I don't think flying has made anything worse game wise. It's only made the players more lazy and I really can only blame the players for that.

The fact people are complaining that they can't fly in the new content until the first patch is just proving this. People are too lazy to wait now. We did fine in BC not being able to fly in OL before max level and the same in WOTLK too and hell even in MOP!

So what is the big deal now? Just wait a little bit for the first patch and if you find waiting for a patch a "game ruining thing" like a lot of people are saying and acting like it is well that's your fault. Don't use Blizz as your scapegoat for the fact you can't wait a bit.

I should never of looked at the WoW and MMO-champ forums it's made me so god damn angry with all these lazy as all hell people.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

cowmuflage wrote:I don't think flying has made anything worse game wise. It's only made the players more lazy and I really can only blame the players for that.

The fact people are complaining that they can't fly in the new content until the first patch is just proving this. People are too lazy to wait now. We did fine in BC not being able to fly in OL before max level and the same in WOTLK too and hell even in MOP!

So what is the big deal now? Just wait a little bit for the first patch and if you find waiting for a patch a "game ruining thing" like a lot of people are saying and acting like it is well that's your fault. Don't use Blizz as your scapegoat for the fact you can't wait a bit.

I should never of looked at the WoW and MMO-champ forums it's made me so god damn angry with all these lazy as all hell people.
It's one of the reasons why I avoid them both.

Also Adam, they wont remove flying and it's not as easy as flicking a switch. I dont know about you but I'd be, excuse the french, royally pissed if they suddenly removed it because I worked hard for my flying mounts. Especially my TLPD and Aeonaxx and Huolon.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

I did some more digging on this topic, and I found this blue post.
Those of you who are worried about the lack of flying early on in the expansion, remember that it will only apply to the new zones, and only for a limited time in most cases. The new zones are being designed with this in mind too—we're being extra careful to ensure that flying isn't missed too much.
http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2801 ... ke-flying/
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

And what he said is kind of a given. Anyone who assumed otherwise should start feeling a bit silly about now. :P

LisaaraPokefarm

AdamSavage

Junrei wrote: Also Adam, they wont remove flying and it's not as easy as flicking a switch. I don't know about you but I'd be, excuse the french, royally pissed if they suddenly removed it because I worked hard for my flying mounts. Especially my TLPD and Aeonaxx and Huolon.
I wouldn't hold it past them to try and do that, atleast for any further new content they release. I kind of understand the logic behind this, but at the same time. I already "explored" and went through the zones while levling, why do I need to do it again. I also don't stop and look around at stuff when I'm a ground mount. I'm typically to busy making sure I stay on the road, and I don't run into a mob. I never really got to see the work done on Jade Forest till I was able to fly. It was stunning the first time I got to see the zone from up high.

I'm still annoyed by this, but I'm trying to be positive about it and be patience and see how things are. As for them removing fly from the game, I would also be quite ticked. I would likely just flat out quit the game.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I still don't get what the issue is here. I mean in ALL the expacks you could not fly at the start unless you grinded for butt off so why is this such a big issue now? Really? Everyone I've seen complain about this has made a mountain out of a mole hill they really have.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

AdamSavage wrote:
Junrei wrote: Also Adam, they wont remove flying and it's not as easy as flicking a switch. I don't know about you but I'd be, excuse the french, royally pissed if they suddenly removed it because I worked hard for my flying mounts. Especially my TLPD and Aeonaxx and Huolon.
I wouldn't hold it past them to try and do that, atleast for any further new content they release. I kind of understand the logic behind this, but at the same time. I already "explored" and went through the zones while levling, why do I need to do it again. I also don't stop and look around at stuff when I'm a ground mount. I'm typically to busy making sure I stay on the road, and I don't run into a mob. I never really got to see the work done on Jade Forest till I was able to fly. It was stunning the first time I got to see the zone from up high.

I'm still annoyed by this, but I'm trying to be positive about it and be patience and see how things are. As for them removing fly from the game, I would also be quite ticked. I would likely just flat out quit the game.
I'm the exact opposite. I don't look at anything really when I'm flying. I tend to look more at stuff when I'm on the ground. I fly just to get around quicker, not enjoy the scenery and I think that's what Blizz is getting at. The majority don't use flying to see stuff.

LisaaraPokefarm

AdamSavage

cowmuflage wrote:I still don't get what the issue is here. I mean in ALL the expacks you could not fly at the start unless you grinded for butt off so why is this such a big issue now? Really? Everyone I've seen complain about this has made a mountain out of a mole hill they really have.
You like it, then all the power to you. I personally enjoy travelling via a flying mount. I find ground mounts slow. It's just not the same, flying vs ground travel. It's like asking me to use my old Nokia again when I have the new Nexus 5. I'm fine with no flying during questing, as it's the norm. The issue I have, is being told that despite working your butt off to get to max lvl. That your job is not done, now you have to go do some silly quest chain to get it.. Then repeat the same thing again for each alt you have. That's my issue. Is it a game breaker for me ? Not yet. Will I keep playing ? Probably, but doesn't mean I have to like it.

I will not change my stance on this. I don't like it, but at the same time. I'm powerless to do anything about it, so I have to deal with it.

Dr. Who Video!

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

AdamSavage wrote:
cowmuflage wrote:I still don't get what the issue is here. I mean in ALL the expacks you could not fly at the start unless you grinded for butt off so why is this such a big issue now? Really? Everyone I've seen complain about this has made a mountain out of a mole hill they really have.
You like it, then all the power to you. I personally enjoy travelling via a flying mount. I find ground mounts slow. It's just not the same, flying vs ground travel. It's like asking me to use my old Nokia again when I have the new Nexus 5. I'm fine with no flying during questing, as it's the norm. The issue I have, is being told that despite working your butt off to get to max lvl. That your job is not done, now you have to go do some silly quest chain to get it.. Then repeat the same thing again for each alt you have. That's my issue. Is it a game breaker for me ? Not yet. Will I keep playing ? Probably, but doesn't mean I have to like it.

I will not change my stance on this. I don't like it, but at the same time. I'm powerless to do anything about it, so I have to deal with it.
You dont even know if it'll be a quest chain. That's an assumption. They said we would have to do something for it but they never stated outright what it is.

LisaaraPokefarm

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

I really like that unlocking flying will not be a simple boring forking out of some gold to a money grubbing "trainer". Now I have another thing to look forward to doing. I also hope that's it's not as simple as learning to train Direhorns was. I was disappointed by the ease of that. If there is a quest chain involved, the longer the better for me.

I still enjoy riding the very first mount I ever got, the dark nightsaber, now that it goes as fast as all the others do. It takes me back to my character's roots and brings back a lot of mostly pleasant memories.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Danielfboone wrote:I really like that unlocking flying will not be a simple boring forking out of some gold to a money grubbing "trainer". Now I have another thing to look forward to doing. I also hope that's it's not as simple as learning to train Direhorns was. I was disappointed by the ease of that. If there is a quest chain involved, the longer the better for me.

I still enjoy riding the very first mount I ever got, the dark nightsaber, now that it goes as fast as all the others do. It takes me back to my character's roots and brings back a lot of mostly pleasant memories.
I remember working so hard for my first epic ground mount....Black War Sabre. So many bgs in AB...so many...

LisaaraPokefarm

pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Cool, I can wait until 6.1 before purchasing the expansion. Flying is immersion for me, so I don't mind not buying not playing until patch 6.1.
Last edited by pop on Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

cowmuflage wrote:I don't think flying has made anything worse game wise. It's only made the players more lazy and I really can only blame the players for that.

There's a different between flying until max level and until you complete a quest in a major patch few months after the game is released.
AdamSavage

pop wrote:Cool, I can wait until 6.1 before purchasing the expansion. Flying is immersion for me, so I don't mind not buying not playing until patch 6.1.
Finally... Someone who agree's with me.

Dr. Who Video!

pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

AdamSavage wrote:
pop wrote:Cool, I can wait until 6.1 before purchasing the expansion. Flying is immersion for me, so I don't mind not buying not playing until patch 6.1.
For me there's absolutely no reason for Blizz to not enable flying in Draenor in 6.0 for level 100 toons except to gate us and to slow us down in doing current contents . Flying is a mean of transport to me that would get me swiftly from point a to point b with because I have very little play time daily. Not flying maybe fun for the first few toons, but for alt like it will get tedious soon enough. First it was cata dungeon, then it was MOP dailies, Blizz keeps finding new ways to lose their subs.
AdamSavage

pop wrote:For me there's absolutely no reason for Blizz to not enable flying in Draenor in 6.0 for level 100 toons except to gate us and slowing us down in doing current content . Flying is a mean of transport to me that would get me swiftly from point a to point b with because I have very little play time daily. Not flying maybe fun for the first few toons, but for alt like it will get tedious soon enough. First it was cata dungeon, then it was MOP dailies, Blizz keeps finding new ways to lose their subs.
Yeah getting around the world via a ground mount for me, is annoying. I'm already max level, I'm no longer interested in the other zones anymore. I only care about end game content. My friend thinks the same as you, they are doing this to slow us down. I guess we are burning through content to quickly for them.

Dr. Who Video!

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

pop wrote:
AdamSavage wrote:
For me there's absolutely no reason for Blizz to not enable flying in Draenor in 6.0 for level 100 toons except to gate us and to slow us down in doing current contents . Flying is a mean of transport to me that would get me swiftly from point a to point b with because I have very little play time daily. Not flying maybe fun for the first few toons, but for alt like it will get tedious soon enough. First it was cata dungeon, then it was MOP dailies, Blizz keeps finding new ways to lose their subs.
Lets please, for the love of whatever you believe in, do not turn in this into a debate about 'this is totally the reason why Blizz is losing subs' since we have flying now. They're not losing subs over stuff like this. The game reached it's peak and it's an old game. People stop playing for various reasons. In the US, the economy is really bad so people can't always afford the $15 a month. Unemployment is at an all time high. The list is endless. The sub numbers are leveling out. wowcrendor even did a vid on it so PLEASE let the dead horse stay dead. Please please please!

You don't have to like the system and feel free to judge it before you know what it's like but don't say that's going to make them lose subs cause you don't know that unless you can somehow see in the future and see every single players reasons for quitting.

1. Cata dungeons were only bad because of a lot of dumb people and they were long. When I had a good group, it was fun to do. Cata was lackluster for other reasons. The dungeons weren't really one of the major ones. If I recall, the biggie was the lackluster lore and lackluster raids that were the biggest issues with it.
2. Dailies weren't that bad. It's only when they locked stuff behind it that ground my gears, as well as everyone elses. The dailies alone were fine. It's when they became a requirement to get anything for raiding that it became an issue.
3. You don't know this. Don't assume something that isn't even implemented yet. We don't even know if they'll go through with it. If they do, we don't know how they're going to do it. The stuff they're talking about are merely ideas. Ideas are okay. They're not demons.

I'm sorry, I just get very aggravated when the skeletal horse is still beaten when there is no evidence other than assumptions. Drives me batty when assumptions are made before it's even coded in the game for us to try out. So all I ask is to not bring in the whole 'this makes Blizz lose subs' thing. I think many are tired of seeing it.

Apologies if this came out kinda crabby. I'm a bit tired and was just peeking around before bed. ^^;
Last edited by Lisaara on Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

LisaaraPokefarm

pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Junrei wrote: Lets please, for the love of whatever you believe in, do not turn in this into a debate about 'this is totally the reason why Blizz is losing subs' since we have flying now. They're not losing subs over stuff like this. The game reached it's peak and it's an old game. People stop playing for various reasons. In the US, the economy is really bad so people can't always afford the $15 a month. Unemployment is at an all time high. The list is endless. The sub numbers are leveling out. wowcrendor even did a vid on it so PLEASE let the dead horse stay dead. Please please please!

You don't have to like the system and feel free to judge it before you know what it's like but don't say that's going to make them lose subs cause you don't know that unless you can somehow see in the future and see every single players reasons for quitting.

1. Cata dungeons were only bad because of a lot of dumb people and they were long. When I had a good group, it was fun to do.
2. Dailies weren't that bad. It's only when they locked stuff behind it that ground my gears.
3. You don't know this. Don't assume something that isn't even implemented yet. We don't even know if they'll go through with it. If they do, we don't know how they're going to do it. The stuff they're talking about are merely ideas. Ideas are okay. They're not demons.

I'm sorry, I just get very aggravated when the skeletal horse is still beaten when there is no evidence other than assumptions. Drives me batty when assumptions are made before it's even coded in the game for us to try out. So all I ask is to not bring in the whole 'this makes Blizz lose subs' thing. I think many are tired of seeing it.

Apologies if this came out kinda crabby. I'm a bit tired and was just peeking around before bed. ^^;
There were either a tweet or a blue post admitted that they did a mistake in Cata dungeon difficulties as in they were the only content at that time. Blizz also admitted that the dailies were a mistake as that it made a lot of altoholic got frustrated with the game. Yes the game is old, but restricting flying doesn't make the game any better. I like Blizzard the game age well, but no flying until 6.1 would make people quit, well at least it would make me quit.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

pop wrote:
Junrei wrote: Lets please, for the love of whatever you believe in, do not turn in this into a debate about 'this is totally the reason why Blizz is losing subs' since we have flying now. They're not losing subs over stuff like this. The game reached it's peak and it's an old game. People stop playing for various reasons. In the US, the economy is really bad so people can't always afford the $15 a month. Unemployment is at an all time high. The list is endless. The sub numbers are leveling out. wowcrendor even did a vid on it so PLEASE let the dead horse stay dead. Please please please!

1. Cata dungeons were only bad because of a lot of dumb people and they were long. When I had a good group, it was fun to do.
2. Dailies weren't that bad. It's only when they locked stuff behind it that ground my gears.

There were either a tweet or a blue post admitted that they did a mistake in Cata dungeon difficulties as in they were the only content at that time. Blizz also admitted that the dailies were a mistake as that it made a lot of altoholic got frustrated with the game. Yes the game is old, but restricting flying doesn't make the game any better. I like Blizzard the game age well, but no flying until 6.1 would make people quit, well at least it would make me quit.
I edited my post for more clarity as I do remember those tweets. They admitted they made the dungeons a little(keyword here) too difficult and too long. They didn't go for a middle ground. And my edited post reflects what they said about the dailies.

It may make you quit, which that's okay cause it's your choice, but my observations from in this topic and on my server(Moon Guard), sings a very different tune. Many I've seen talking about it actually like the concept(not saying I've not seen people say they dont like it. They just don't appear to be the majority.) so I don't believe the 'no flying until a patch that could be only 1 month away after release or even shorter than that' is going to make wow lose subs. It took me about a month on my mains to get to 90 from 85. It's gonna take me longer to get to 100, and probably many others. They even said that the flight paths will be convenient and they'll make sure we won't really need flying for the majority of the leveling experience. :) I think they are taking people like you into account and trying to get a middle ground. It doesn't have to be 'my way or the high way'.

If it means much, I'm an altoholic. ;) I've got atleast 7 or 8 90s. So this is coming from someone with lots of alts.

LisaaraPokefarm

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Man, I remember ruing around with AotC until... level 35? (it was early LK and I didn't know I could buy a mount so I got mine late) and feeling like a GOD when I got my spotted saber, Espiritus (who would tend to melt like the Wicked Witch of the West if he so much as dipped his toe in a puddle.)
Then at level 65ish I got my first 100% mount after farming bg marks since I was too poor to buy a faction mount. I didn't get my 280% until I had played for almost a year since I had to save up my gold and I did the netherwing line for the free mount. I felt SO FAST! XD
I guess what I'm trying to say is that it wasn't always an easy thing but it was worth it. it was hard and slow going but it made me appreciate the reward so much more and after going through all that, a single patch wont bother me. I'm actually excited to see what they do with flying. Hope its not as hard as I hear the old druid quests were but this could still be cool.
my only worry is it will become annoying if you have a lot of high level toons you need to unlock it on. :?