What revamped models / skins would you like to see in WoD?

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

What revamped models / skins would you like to see in WoD?

Unread post by Wain »

I've been thinking a bit about what models (related to existing creatures and beings, not new types of beasts) I'd love to see revisited and revamped in Draenor. Ones that haven't been mentioned so far, anyway.

On the creature front...
  • I'd love to see a much meaner, skankier cat model. Something with spiny hair. I think that would be a lot more fitting for a savage world like Draenor than either the original of Pandaren model cats. And since they already announced they're adding cat humanoids, they'd have to include at least a few wild cat beasts. But if we have too many cats, the same design philosophy would be pretty cool for a hyaena, which is one of the most in need of some sort of update
  • wooly Elekks up in the snow region. But I guess they already have clefthooves.
  • a new hydra model, following a similar design philosophy to the new chiamera. They really got the multi-head thing working well on that. If the heads were more draconian and they got a decent body that didn't waddle like a duck in need of a hip replacement, it should look awesome. Then again, maybe with Ghostcrawler leaving the opposition to taming current hydras won't be as strong. Who knows? :)
  • I'm not sure if this would fit under spider or ravager, but something with a spider shape, but in the design philosophy of a ravager or silithid would be fantastic. Something that lies in wait in the rocky passes and impales its prey on razor-sharp claws before devouring it. Makes my skin crawl just thinking about it.
  • more Outland-style basilisk colours! We only ever got four (I'd mention sporebats too but Slickrock already mentioned seeing new ones)
  • a new moth model. I wish we'd seen an Actias / luna moth style model for Pandaria, but I'm still in hope. One of those things that looks really delicate and beautiful, in contrast to the landscape, but turns out to be just as savage and deadly
On the humanoid front, there's only one thing I'd especially love to see them update and that's a Draenor version of the Quilboars, maybe using something like helboar design in the revamp. I always loved quilboars. They're creepy and feral and I think they'd fit Draenor perfectly. Probably better, I think, than cat people.

Anyway, I've probably already gone on too long. Are there any other things people would especially love to see updated and fit into Draenor? :) Keeping in mind the nature of that world and what we already know of it from Outland.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: What revamped models / skins would you like to see in Wo

Unread post by Lisaara »

All older vanilla beast models. Cats, wolves, everything. Those need to be fixed BAD.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Ooh a new spider would be glorious! I'd also love to see the new python models used as tameable serpents, or just a new snake model in general. I really do like the critter animations though and I think with the updated model they could work just fine as pets. :)
Loki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Loki »

Talbuks mostly. Updated Lynx models would be cool too.

Avatar made by the awesome LupisDarkmoon. Tameable giraffes please!

Pets Wishlist:
Goats
Yaks
Shoveltusks
Stags
Talbuks/Gazelles
Giraffes!

WoD and Legion best expansions! 6 down, 1 to go!

Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

I want to see a Saber version of the midnight blue w/ white stripes cat. It's the only cat I believe from the files present during vanilla that didn't even get datamined with one and still hasn't (I'm pretty sure anyways it hasn't, the one on the cat page for the bestiary was some reskin magic made by you, Wain?). It's hands down my absolute favorite cat model in the entire game aside from Loque'Nahak, the Frostsaber Huntresses (the pure white), and Rak'Shiri. I've never been huge for the smaller cat models, just sabers and it pains me to no end that it doesn't exist at all. It's sad to see the gold one also not used at all. The color on that model is gorgeous.

In terms of updating models, I would REALLY REALLY like for all the new bat models to come out. Some have supposedly been sighted in the WoD demo(?) and it would be a great time to introduce them what with it being a new expansion and all. I just really hope they don't release just a few of them and leave the other colors to sit and collect dust for the rest of eternity.

I'm not at all opposed to one NPC having several different skin colors since they changed it so they don't color shift when tamed. Personally it's really bland seeing the same color creature EVERYWHERE in a zone with maybe only one or two special individuals that get lucky enough to use another color on top of potentially a larger size to show that it has some sort of importance either for a quest or for our imaginations to expand upon. I'd like to see variations of colors-- even if they're all in the same color wheel range, just some differences to break it up. Gold lion with brown lion, more white tigers amongst the orange ones since no one in the community seems to be creating storms regarding the real life origins of white tigers/lions/ligers/etc., and so on. Raptors, wind serpents, snakes, moths, bears, ravagers, birds of prey, and carrion birds (probably more than that too that's native to there) would be awesome to be updated. I'm fine with current snakes, raptors and moths, but the others I'd like to see at least little skin upgrades for. The skeletons for ones like birds of prey and carrion birds could use a big overhaul. Actually just plain out bird and bat wings need a major overhaul in general. They are just so horrible.

As for new models entirely, I would really like to see sporebats remade, and some hawkstriders (updated or as is. I'd also really like some updated dragonhawk skins) added to the old Outlands since blood elves aren't native to draenor. If I understand what's going on right, Garrosh went back to around the time of the fel taint? Before Grom drank the blood but after Gul'dan was wholly swayed under the command of Kil'jaden. It would just be a nice little nod to the Outlands that we originally explored that Kael'thas fled to with Vashj's help to look for a cure or treatment for the blood elves magic addictions. Variations of warp stalkers would be cool too if they existed before the portal explosion.

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Junrei wrote:All older vanilla beast models. Cats, wolves, everything. Those need to be fixed BAD.
We already know about new wolves at least. I was more interested in what people would specifically like to see on Draenor that would fit but hasn't been mentioned yet :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Shalyth wrote:I want to see a Saber version of the midnight blue w/ white stripes cat. It's the only cat I believe from the files present during vanilla that didn't even get datamined with one and still hasn't (I'm pretty sure anyways it hasn't, the one on the cat page for the bestiary was some reskin magic made by you, Wain?).
Do you mean this one?

If so, the skin was copied across to the saber model in 5.2. So it's possible now! :)
Shalyth wrote:In terms of updating models, I would REALLY REALLY like for all the new bat models to come out. Some have supposedly been sighted in the WoD demo(?) and it would be a great time to introduce them what with it being a new expansion and all. I just really hope they don't release just a few of them and leave the other colors to sit and collect dust for the rest of eternity.
Yeah, they were spotted in the videos! Really cool! If Noah has anything to do with it (I dunno what he's working on anymore, but hopefully he'll be involved!) then I'm sure we'll see all colours used somewhere. Every last one of them is beautiful.
Shalyth wrote:I'm not at all opposed to one NPC having several different skin colors since they changed it so they don't color shift when tamed. Personally it's really bland seeing the same color creature EVERYWHERE in a zone with maybe only one or two special individuals that get lucky enough to use another color on top of potentially a larger size to show that it has some sort of importance either for a quest or for our imaginations to expand upon.
Agreed. I feel bad so many colour variations were removed from areas, just to ensure that the tamed beast was colour stable. But there was no other option at the time. They do look better with some colour mixing in the populations.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Wain wrote:
Junrei wrote:All older vanilla beast models. Cats, wolves, everything. Those need to be fixed BAD.
We already know about new wolves at least. I was more interested in what people would specifically like to see on Draenor that would fit but hasn't been mentioned yet :)
Ah hehe. I thought you meant overall. Updated Lynx models wnd hawkstriders would be nice and ravagers.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Wain wrote:
Shalyth wrote:I want to see a Saber version of the midnight blue w/ white stripes cat. It's the only cat I believe from the files present during vanilla that didn't even get datamined with one and still hasn't (I'm pretty sure anyways it hasn't, the one on the cat page for the bestiary was some reskin magic made by you, Wain?).
Do you mean this one?

If so, the skin was copied across to the saber model in 5.2. So it's possible now! :)
Shalyth wrote:In terms of updating models, I would REALLY REALLY like for all the new bat models to come out. Some have supposedly been sighted in the WoD demo(?) and it would be a great time to introduce them what with it being a new expansion and all. I just really hope they don't release just a few of them and leave the other colors to sit and collect dust for the rest of eternity.
Yeah, they were spotted in the videos! Really cool! If Noah has anything to do with it (I dunno what he's working on anymore, but hopefully he'll be involved!) then I'm sure we'll see all colours used somewhere. Every last one of them is beautiful.
Shalyth wrote:I'm not at all opposed to one NPC having several different skin colors since they changed it so they don't color shift when tamed. Personally it's really bland seeing the same color creature EVERYWHERE in a zone with maybe only one or two special individuals that get lucky enough to use another color on top of potentially a larger size to show that it has some sort of importance either for a quest or for our imaginations to expand upon.
Agreed. I feel bad so many colour variations were removed from areas, just to ensure that the tamed beast was colour stable. But there was no other option at the time. They do look better with some colour mixing in the populations.
:OO!!!!!!! OMG ITS FINALLY AN OFFICIAL RESKIN IN THE FILES???? *dies*

I really hope we do get the full range of the new bats, one or two colors for each zone (or dungeon/raid throughout the course of the expansion, realistically I can see them not wanting to put all of them out at once. I just really want to see them all added, even if over the time of the expac, rather than a few for all of the games existence like so many other gorgeous pieces like a lot of other beast models for both NPC's and mounts have.) and maybe, maybe maybe, if they can figure something out for it, some of the armored ones introduced as rep mounts. Perhaps there could be subterranean factions? We spend so much time on the surface and in the air, even in the water, but never enough underground. It's a whole other world beneath the surface and they don't necessarily need to look like traditional caverns. There could be little pocket utopias of life to explore and fight in!

I thought that there were still a lot of creatures around though that were shifters that were successfully changed so they didn't and are still existing in their ordinary places? I didn't know they had issues and outright removed a lot of the colors (I'm guessing it was when they were first working on it and they just haven't yet/decided not to re-add the removed colors?)

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

I would like to see revamped serpents. The cobra ones to be specific.
Also more warp stalkers. I think the model is fine but some might want a new one.
either way I'd love them to get some attention. c:

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Shalyth wrote:I thought that there were still a lot of creatures around though that were shifters that were successfully changed so they didn't and are still existing in their ordinary places? I didn't know they had issues and outright removed a lot of the colors (I'm guessing it was when they were first working on it and they just haven't yet/decided not to re-add the removed colors?)
Yeah, the old colour options were just never added back.
Drayk
Realm: Velen

Unread post by Drayk »

-I'd love to see a sleeker cat model or maybe a proper lynx model with it's stubby tail to go in Frostfire Ridge.
-Updated Hydras I'd die for and also really any new reptilian model even if it's just more new warpstalkers.
-Birds could use a facelift in general since we might see a lot of them with the Arakkoa. More savage looking birds maybe some Red Bearded Vultures.
-Hyenas need an overhall and I think they could look really good done right.
-More models for ravagers, raptors and devilsaurs.
-More different dog models in general, I know that's something they said they want to do. A full grown St. Bernards, German Shepherds, Rottweilers, Huskies. I also wouldn't mind some of the smaller breeds used too

Also if we could tame the savage ground bird/Anzu that would be awesome.
HunterFTW
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: muridain

Unread post by HunterFTW »

well we know of the new chimarea mount so would be awsome to see similar modles to that like with quilens.but the beast revamp i am just crossing for is hydras so i can get my purple hydra and name him hercules.although i would not mind at all new beast modles sense with the amount if hunters i have x that with the stables slots i am kinda runing out of pets for those slots so more choices wouldn't hurt.well me anyway.
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Hmmm...

Mostly a new raptor, new ravager, and give us some of the current untameables.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Hyena's, would love to see them updated and in WoD.
Updated lynx styled cats.
BATS!! (well, at least to have the updated versions implemented on tamable models in WoD!)
A new moth model would be nice.
A fuzzy raptor!!!
More warp stalkers!

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I've always loved the idea of warpstalkers, but I'm not too fond of their overall design. They seem so squat and waddly. Plus, I don't really care for the hooded cobra-like neck thing they've got going on. I'd love to see a warpstalker that's a bit sleeker and more serpentine in appearance. Something that looks fast and agile, but still spiky and deadly. :)

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Rower
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Rower »

New birds: Toucans *-*
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Undead, human, Draenei, Orcs, Worgen and Night Elves with full beard just like Malfurion, Velen, and Dwarves.

Goatees for Trolls.

Punk or Mohawk hair style for female Night Elves, I think some night elves like the sentinels and druids should be feral a bit.
Shay
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Defias Brotherhood

Unread post by Shay »

Well hyenas could really use a new model and new models for raptors and warpstalkers would be nice too. :)
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

All the racial mounts. I'd especially like Kodos updated with an actual run animation instead of the faster walking animation they have now (it looks horrible and is why I rarely use one). I'd also like raptor's running to be fixed, that bouncing looks weird, the tall-striders have better run animations.